DeathscytheX

Street Fighter IV Treaser Trailer!

Such a debbie-downer sheesh. :P

The impression is a 3D fighter, although EX really didn't do to well. I'm hoping for a mix of MK: deadly alliance and Virtua Fighter as far as mechanics go. You're right though, another 2D would be disappointing seeing as Mortal Kombat has successfully entered the realm of 3D fighting.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The impression is a 3D fighter, although EX really didn't do to well. I'm hoping for a mix of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike as far as mechanics go. You're right though, another 2D would be freaking amazing seeing as Mortal Kombat has bombed in the realm of 3D fighting.

Fixed.

kst.jpg

The impression is a 3D fighter, although EX really didn't do to well. I'm hoping for a mix of MK: Deadly Alliance and Virtua Fighter as far as mechanics go. You're right though, another 2D would be pure evil seeing as Mortal Kombat has successfully entered the realm of 3D fighting.

Fixed.
Re-fixed! 2D fighting games are not worth 50-60 bucks. If they make another 2D fighting Game they might as well make it free.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Fixed.

3rd strike was an abomination. Never mention that game in my presence again.

Mortal Kombat's last two games were quite successful and rightfully so. The only 2D fighters that come out will now only come out on PSN and Xbox Live Arcade... such as Super Street Fighter II Remix.

Re-fixed! 2D fighting games are not worth 50-60 bucks. If they make another 2D fighting Game they might as well make it free.

no, just no. Games do no have to be 50-60 dollars, they could definately make it a budget title. ALSO i'll be damn pissed if this didnt get an arcade release before a Console release. It was a mistake with Soulcaliber 3 and it will always be a mistake.

@ DeathSX: 3rd strike is one of teh most play and hyped games at fighting game tournaments in recent times and has been for quite some time. In japan it has been even longer. Americans just didnt like it cuz they put all new characters in and it didnt play like super turbo. Americans just don't like change and it's sad because the missed out on a few years of competitive play at 3rd strike setting their skill levels way behind japans and just now we are catching up. Mortal combat being successful has nothing to do with it being a good game, it has to do with name recognition and gore, no one who plays at any level higher then casually takes those games seriously, there is a lack of balence and too many game breaking glitches.

BTW Guilty Gear Accent Core (an amazing 2d fighter) just got release don ps2 as well as King of Fighter 11, plus many more snk games. Guilty Gear is also coming out for Wii which seems to be the new home of 2d fighters. Hori is releasing an arcade style controller for the wii for just this purpose.

@ Everyone: there is still a scene for 2d fighters don't count them out yet, they are still strong in Japan (2d fighters come out all the time) through fan participation (fan made fighters made by dedicated circle, like doujinji cricles) , and professionally released fighters (Guilty Gear, Arcana Heart, Sengoku Basara X...SNK). The reason they are os scarce in america is due to 2 factors.

1. The decline of arcades due to online gaming

2. and Strict blocks by sony on releasing 2d fighters for the ps2 (because none of them really came out on xbox or GC in japan)

kst.jpg

no, just no. Games do no have to be 50-60 dollars, they could definitely make it a budget title. ALSO I'll be damn pissed if this didn't get an arcade release before a Console release. It was a mistake with Soulcaliber 3 and it will always be a mistake.
If they were to make a 2D game over $10 bucks I'd call it a waste of money. Then again most budget titles have been 20-30 dollars or more recently 30-40 dollars. 2D Games are just some weird fad in Japan.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

no, just no. Games do no have to be 50-60 dollars, they could definately make it a budget title. ALSO i'll be damn pissed if this didnt get an arcade release before a Console release. It was a mistake with Soulcaliber 3 and it will always be a mistake.

@ DeathSX: 3rd strike is one of teh most play and hyped games at fighting game tournaments in recent times and has been for quite some time. In japan it has been even longer. Americans just didnt like it cuz they put all new characters in and it didnt play like super turbo. Americans just don't like change and it's sad because the missed out on a few years of competitive play at 3rd strike setting their skill levels way behind japans and just now we are catching up. Mortal combat being successful has nothing to do with it being a good game, it has to do with name recognition and gore, no one who plays at any level higher then casually takes those games seriously, there is a lack of balence and too many game breaking glitches.

BTW Guilty Gear Accent Core (an amazing 2d fighter) just got release don ps2 as well as King of Fighter 11, plus many more snk games. Guilty Gear is also coming out for Wii which seems to be the new home of 2d fighters. Hori is releasing an arcade style controller for the wii for just this purpose.

@ Everyone: there is still a scene for 2d fighters don't count them out yet, they are still strong in Japan (2d fighters come out all the time) through fan participation (fan made fighters made by dedicated circle, like doujinji cricles) , and professionally released fighters (Guilty Gear, Arcana Heart, Sengoku Basara X...SNK). The reason they are os scarce in america is due to 2 factors.

1. The decline of arcades due to online gaming

2. and Strict blocks by sony on releasing 2d fighters for the ps2 (because none of them really came out on xbox or GC in japan)

The decline of arcades are because its expensive. They were going down long before online gaming became big.

3rd strike doesn't play much different from any PS/PS2 generation SF. The Rap theme was stuipd, and the characters were weak. The only difference in game pay was the picking the power move/super move whatever you want to call it, before the match, instead of having them all before you. I'm not afraid of change... thats why I'd like to see the change from 2D to 3D.

MK game breaking glitches? You can be cheap in any game, street fighter the most of all of them. MK's style branch brings the game a lot of depth, its not the best fighter out there, but its a good game. With Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter out there, SF has little to offer in 2D.

The decline of arcades are because its expensive. They were going down long before online gaming became big.

3rd strike doesn't play much different from any PS/PS2 generation SF. The Rap theme was stuipd, and the characters were weak. The only difference in game pay was the picking the power move/super move whatever you want to call it, before the match, instead of having them all before you. I'm not afraid of change... thats why I'd like to see the change from 2D to 3D.

MK game breaking glitches? You can be cheap in any game, street fighter the most of all of them. MK's style branch brings the game a lot of depth, its not the best fighter out there, but its a good game. With Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter out there, SF has little to offer in 2D.

I have lots of shit i could say to you but i can also have a whole forum do it for me.

I'd love to see you make this statement over at shoryuken.com and see how long you would last trying to defend your point.

kst.jpg

A whole forum of people isn't going to sell enough copies of a game. My point is proven by fact, not by fanboyistic opinion. :P Most all die hard SF fan extremists have a ridiculously bias hatred for MK whether its a good game or not. (oh MK has put out some shitty titles, don't get me wrong). Same goes for MK die hards.

The last true and new street fighter came out in 2000, correct me if I am wrong. Seven years ago. Other fighting titles have released several installments since then. If 2D fighting and the III series is so popular, why hasn't any more 2D SFs come out? Its just an observation.

I'm not saying 2D would be absolute crap, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay $60 for one.

A whole forum of people isn't going to sell enough copies of a game. My point is proven by fact, not by fanboyistic opinion. :P Most all die hard SF fan extremists have a ridiculously bias hatred for MK whether its a good game or not. (oh MK has put out some shitty titles, don't get me wrong). Same goes for MK die hards.

The last true and new street fighter came out in 2000, correct me if I am wrong. Seven years ago. Other fighting titles have released several installments since then. If 2D fighting and the III series is so popular, why hasn't any more 2D SFs come out? Its just an observation.

I'm not saying 2D would be absolute crap, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay $60 for one.

If you won't I will!... 2D is absolute crap!

MK has had some bad titles, Like that Sub-Zero game or the 1 that starred Jax. The only "SF games" that interested me have them vs. Marvel. But I think it would be much cooler to see MK vs. Marvel.

Sub-Zero vs Ice-Man, Wolverine vs Baraka, Blaze vs Ghost Rider, Kenshi vs DareDevil, Deadpool vs Havik, Kano vs Cyclopse, Mavado vs. Blade... I could go on & on @.@...

Sub-Zero mythologies looked cool, but I never did play it. I've heard 50/50 with good or bad opinions. I did like Shaolin Monks, however, It was pretty fun, especially on co-op. I'd like to see a street fighter game in a similar format.

I like 2D fighters for nostalgic purposes. I still have my PS1 copy of Street Fighter Alpha 3. But thats just it. Those kinds of things belong in the Xbox Live Arcade or PSN.

Sadly I doubt we'll ever see an MK vs. anything because of its graphic nature compared to other less brutal fighters. the MK team wouldn't tone down their side of things, and the other side wouldn't allow their characters to be brutalized in such a fashion. lol

There was a game that stared Jax? O_O wtf... That had to be awful.

Sub-Zero mythologies looked cool, but I never did play it. I've heard 50/50 with good or bad opinions. I did like Shaolin Monks, however, It was pretty fun, especially on co-op. I'd like to see a street fighter game in a similar format.

I like 2D fighters for nostalgic purposes. I still have my PS1 copy of Street Fighter Alpha 3. But thats just it. Those kinds of things belong in the Xbox Live Arcade or PSN.

Sadly I doubt we'll ever see an MK vs. anything because of its graphic nature compared to other less brutal fighters. the MK team wouldn't tone down their side of things, and the other side wouldn't allow their characters to be brutalized in such a fashion. lol

There was a game that stared Jax? O_O wtf... That had to be awful.

I played the Sub-Zero game. It was basically a ok Side Scroller if you're that hooked to MK. I'd like to see them remake it if the remake was like Xbox's Ninja Gaiden. Sub-Zero deserves a much better game than he got.

Yup 2D games do have their place on Xbox Live, PSN, and the Wii Channel

Maybe I could still dream about MK vs. Image Comics... Spawn vs Scorpion!...

MK: Special Forces was a PlayStation game from what I've saw... And from what I saw it was way out of place & weird.