Sign in to follow this  
Mathias

http://inkjar.net is now available

My new website is now available for people to view. It has been done for a while. I keep postponing its release due to code cleanup behind the scenes. I'm tired of it not being public, so I've finally released it. I have months worth of content that I can post, I just haven't had the time.

Please post constructive criticism.

http://inkjar.net/

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Fast loading, and the SEO links are good. When you get more themes done, you should have a little thing above your theme dropdown list at the bottom right to draw more attention to it. Some more themes, maybe a couple more graphics and with the content you'll be putting on it, you'll have a nice setup. ^_^

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

so it's for role playing. RPG story's? Thats kind of neat. The layout could use some work though. But still its easy to navigate on and read storys :)

I have roleplaying articles that discuss how to be a better Dungeons and Dragons dungeon master and player. They'll be entered over the next couple months.

What kind of layout suggestions do you have?

Fast loading, and the SEO links are good. When you get more themes done, you should have a little thing above your theme dropdown list at the bottom right to draw more attention to it. Some more themes, maybe a couple more graphics and with the content you'll be putting on it, you'll have a nice setup. ^_^

I kept the number of queries low, the queries themselves simple, and I use mysql_free_result to remove the heavyweight mysql objects immediately. Plus, not having many entries is a plus. :P

Search Engine Optimizer (SEO) links. I had to look that acronym up. :) Thanks, I tried to make the navigation simple and easy to follow. As the categories grow, so will the sidebar. Is the compliment based upon the navigation system or do you have an application?

I have a theme class that looks up the colors and images from a database and adds them on the fly. I'll create a separate theme for each category and probably subcategories. Right now, I have about six, but only a couple have been approved. The Default option displays the theme associated with the page, or you can select your own for use on all pages.

I have an approval system in place that allows me to add all the pages I want, but no one can see them until I approve it. This allows me to test my pages before anyone sees them.

Any other suggestions or comments?

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

I have roleplaying articles that discuss how to be a better Dungeons and Dragons dungeon master and player. They'll be entered over the next couple months.

What kind of layout suggestions do you have?

better color setup please. the colors you have right now make me feel i'm back in the 90's :D. Other then that the site is solid.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

If that's all, have nothing to fear. I'll be adding more themes over the next few months. It's pretty easy to do and I could put a few together very quickly. Images, though, may take a bit longer. It's never easy to draw pictures that look decent in a short amount of time unless you're Inufangirl2. ;)