Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Nintendo Ruins Holiday Season: Smash Bros. Delayed

Sheesh, like anyone should be surprised? Why would Nintendo want to release the sequel to their best selling gamecube game, and one of the top games of all time BEFORE Christmas? I mean, they only would have dominated the holiday season... In fact, why release anything on the intended release date when you can always delay it?!

We reported yesterday that the highly anticipated title Super Smash Bros. Brawl had its release date changed to TBA. Today, at the Nintendo media event in San Francisco, Nintendo’s Senior Vice President of Marketing George Harrison confirmed the delay.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is now slated for a February 10th, 2008 release. If you circle that date, you might notice that it falls on a Sunday. This should raise an eyebrow or two, since anyone that’s shopped for a movie, CD, or game knows that new releases are almost exclusively released on Tuesday. While this may take one AAA-class title out of the Holiday Season for Wii gamers, they still have Mario Galaxy to look forward to, right?

http://wii.vggen.com/news/news.php?id=7077

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Well this is why I didn't get a Wii. I think this time around I'll make them wait for me to buy their system AFTER they bring out everything I want. I'm not waiting on their ass anymore. I don't give the Wii a second thought.

Companies have high expectations for getting games out for the holidays. If they would have said December 2008, and came out with it in June 2007, everyone would have been ecstatic!

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

I'm more mad about the fact they added Sonic... Sonic sucks.

You should be more mad that they kept the Ice Climbers than the addition of Sonic. Sonic's fanbase is huge, whether you like him or not, it's an excellent move marketing wise... Ice climbers are useless and and suck as smash characters regardless if anyone liked the original game or not.

Mathias, if Nintendo held that philosophy, their fans wouldn't be pissed off all the time. But instead, as always, they promise and don't deliver just as they do with ever big title. I still have not forgiven them for the year delay on Twilight, I have yet to play it and I'm really not in a rush to do so.

You should be more mad that they kept the Ice Climbers than the addition of Sonic. Sonic's fan base is huge, whether you like him or not, it's an excellent move marketing wise... Ice climbers are useless and and suck as smash characters regardless if anyone liked the original game or not.
I never played the actual Ice Climbers game so I have no beef with them. This will be my first Smash Bros game since I didn't own a GC. If it wasn't for Sonic most of my hate would currently go to Pikachu & Poke'mon Trainer. I don't care for how big Sonic's following is because I find him over hyped. The only good news that comes out of that is I'll be bitch slapping Sonic with Snake.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

you are all a bunch of whiners with no patience...that is all

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Excuse me for believe things shouldn't be delayed every single time. I'm only paying hundreds of dollars for the product. I expect a delay or two, but not every single major title ever throughout the entire lifespan of the console.

This is why Nintendo has been in last place that last couple of generations, they finally pull ahead somewhat and they don't capitalize on it. This is why they will fall back into last place within the next two years. I just find it silly, and old.

Excuse me for believe things shouldn't be delayed every single time. I'm only paying hundreds of dollars for the product. I expect a delay or two, but not every single major title ever throughout the entire lifespan of the console.

This is why Nintendo has been in last place that last couple of generations, they finally pull ahead somewhat and they don't capitalize on it. This is why they will fall back into last place within the next two years. I just find it silly, and old.

If you want games that come out on a due dates play movie-based games. If you want something good wait for it, but don't expect it to be out just because they set a date for it. Better to play a delayed game than one that's buggy.

I wonder where you got that idea. Sony never had a problem when GT was delayed. Why Nintendo was in last place during the last couple of generations has had more to do with their dislike toward mainly M Rated games & 3rd Party Game Companies going more toward PS & Xbox. I just find your rant silly & immature.

PS. So they added sonic?
Yup, the good news is at least I know which character I'll be fighting first.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

If you want games that come out on a due dates play movie-based games. If you want something good wait for it, but don't expect it to be out just because they set a date for it. Better to play a delayed game than one that's buggy.

I wonder where you got that idea. Sony never had a problem when GT was delayed. Why Nintendo was in last place during the last couple of generations has had more to do with their dislike toward mainly M Rated games & 3rd Party Game Companies going more toward PS & Xbox. I just find your rant silly & immature.

Yup, the good news is at least I know which character I'll be fighting first.

I think the fan base for Smash Bros. is far larger than that of GT or any racing game for that matter. Did I not just say I don't expect every game to come out on time? Maybe before you try to insult me and fail miserably, you should not only read the entirety of my posts, but also review the history of Nintendo in relation to the delay of their major titles.

Yes third party has always been a problem with Nintendo, I am well aware of that. That being the case, delaying 90% of your blockbuster titles from their original release date (on the biggest selling weeks of the year) doesn't make much sense. Nintendo has blundered in every category. Maybe if they'd stop promising dates they can't meet, and be more realistic, it wouldn't put such a strain on their fan base. Yes, games get delayed... but they shouldn't every time. What if you were told every good movie you wanted to see would come out on a certain day, but every time it didn't and instead it came out 3 months later? Wouldn't you find that kind of silly? I already knew Smash was going to be delayed the minute December 3rd was announced... I expected no less.

gokuDX: Both Sony and Microsoft are fairly good about keeping their release dates TBA until they get a good idea of when it will be released. Their delay ratio is far lower than Big N's... possibly combined. Sony recently delayed Ratchet and Clank... for less than a week. Most all of Nintendo's delays are 3 months to a year or more.

Anyways, back to the original topic. I don't see how a character being added to the game could cause such anger. For all we know Sonic could very well be one of the better characters. Ice Climbers flat out suck, and unless they've been overhauled for this game, I don't see the point in waisting space that could have brought a better character back.. I've never played earthbound in my entire life, yet Ness has been my best character in Smash... well now I'll have to go with Lucas apparently.

I don't usually pay attention to release dates. When a game finally comes out I tend to wait a month after it's release or later if their are other games on my list. If you want to be more realistic don't pay attention to the dates they say. Think about the game after the release; not before.

You're not the pre-ordering type I'm assuming? Maaan, back when department stores were my only option, I hated life for the simple fact that they never did get things in on release dates, more like a week after them. I don't purchase many games. I'm very picky. This is one of the first times I've ever had so many games I've wanted to play I haven't bought them all/can't buy them all at once.

You're not the pre-ordering type I'm assuming? Maaan, back when department stores were my only option, I hated life for the simple fact that they never did get things in on release dates, more like a week after them. I don't purchase many games. I'm very picky. This is one of the first times I've ever had so many games I've wanted to play I haven't bought them all/can't buy them all at once.
I don't preorder unless I have to. I still do some of my shopping online if I can't find what I'm looking for at a store. Preordering from what I've seen always causes a frenzy if something goes wrong. Then you hear about the problem over & over again from people who can't solve it. I at least buy 1-2 games a month. So I have games I need to finish in order to be really desperate for a new game.

I don't purchase many games. I'm very picky. This is one of the first times I've ever had so many games I've wanted to play I haven't bought them all/can't buy them all at once.

thats because you spent so much on a PS3 :P. You should have waited nooblet.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I remember ebgames.com had a "Guaranteed street date" listed for pre-ordering because the previous delays had people getting pissed.

They did this same shit with Twilight Princess, I think it missed two christmases because of delays just like whats happening to smash bros now.

Sonic in smash bros sounds bad ass to me. helluva lot better than "Mario and Sonic in the Olympics" X'D

btw DX, Twilight Princess for the gamecube is honestly the best Zelda game I have ever played. plot, controls, characters, etc. Absolutely fantastic game and Nintendo really fucked up by not releasing this game back when the gamecube was their primary system. I honestly think they would have had huge console sales from people buying the system just for that game at the time.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

thats because you spent so much on a PS3 :P. You should have waited nooblet.

pfft. I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 thank you. Lets see you buy 4 or 5 games at once. :P

Sledge: Yeah I heard it was good, I was dying to play it when I had a cube, but now I'll get to it when I get to it. I'll probably get a Wii sometime after smash comes out. The only games I want to play for Wii is Smash, Metroid Prime 3, and Twilight. But I'd mainly be buying it for smash, and smash parties.

pfft. I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 thank you. Lets see you buy 4 or 5 games at once. :P

Thats what I'm saying, you should have waited till the price dropped lol. You ended up spending a shit tone of money that could have gone twords the games you wanted now :/.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Thats what I'm saying, you should have waited till the price dropped lol. You ended up spending a shit tone of money that could have gone twords the games you wanted now :/.

You kind of need the console to play the game that they are on... I could have bought the games I wanted instead... but then they'd just be sitting there. My list spans across both consoles.

E I expect a delay or two, but not every single major title ever throughout the entire lifespan of the console.

amen to that brother >.<

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers