Sign in to follow this  
Trigger

Halo Movie

Halo Movie Officially Halted

Source: WingNut Films

October 31, 2006

After Universal Pictures and 20th Century Fox backed out of co-financing the Halo movie, it was reported that prep work would continue at Jackson's Weta studios in New Zealand. But now, Jackson and Microsoft's WingNut Films has released the following statement saying that production has halted:

As was previously confirmed, we deeply regret that both Universal and Fox did not choose to move forward with financing the Halo film under the original terms of the agreement. At this time Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, along with their partner, Microsoft, have mutually agreed to postpone making a feature film based on the Halo video game universe until we can fulfill the promise we made to millions of Halo fans throughout the world that we would settle for no less than bringing a first class film to the big screen. We are fully supportive of Director Neill Blomkamp's vision of the film. Neill is a tremendously gifted filmmaker and his preliminary work on Halo is truly awe-inspiring. While it will undoubtedly take a little longer for Halo to reach the big screen, we are confident that the final feature film will be well worth the wait.

The script, originally written by Alex Garland and rewritten by D.B. Weiss, was to have gotten another rewrite by A History of Violence scribe Josh Olson. The movie was previously targeted for a summer 2008 release.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=17271 yea i know its a preaty old article, but it would be cool to see a halo movie

here some videos http://halomovie.trivialbeing.net/

1963607591_ghost-in-the-shell-2-innocence-402.jpg.69441a3a56e5166390a00ba498f0ed42.jpg

It'll suck. All video game movie adaptations suck. Just ask DX.

Right you are! And the coin flips both ways, Movies turned into games blow ass as well, but have more success because some are bearable.

I don't even know how these Resident Evil movies keep coming out. If they did a Halo film, it will undoubtedly cause the biggest uproar in game to movie adaption history. The fan base is so huge, and full of fanboys to make matters worse, they'll rip it apart if it contradicts anything from the actual game to some basement nerd's fan fic that he posted on livejournal. Hell they could pull a miracle and do a good job, and it would still get bashed by die hard fans of the game. Its a bad Idea, and in fact a worse Idea than a MGS movie.

The only thing that could be a worse idea is a Legend of Zelda movie. Just the fact that Link had dialog would make for cries of blasphemy before the first letter of script was inked.

Games are like interactive movies... this is why they'll never work, you have to replace the running around and playing time with BS that usual sucks and screws the story up or changes it into something different all together.

I guess WETA will start working on Evangelion again since Halo is canned for now.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The only Movie-Based Game that didn't suck was that Riddick one from what I've heard. But I've never played it so I can't really confirm that...

There was always plans for 4 RE movies... Or atleast I think that's what I read after seeing the 1st. You can call me insane, but I think a Halo movie would work. Most of Master Cheif's fights are filler anyway. If they could do an amazing boss fight in the movie it would only cause Halo Fans to complain about the boss fights in Halo 2.

I'm still a bit creeped out that when Zelda fans did want a Zelda movie in the N64 days they had usually chosen that guy from Titanic.

If only arcades were still alive...

Dang, Do they really have to make a movie about 2 whiny 15 YOs & 1 odd 15 YO?

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Eva is so played out, but because they won't let a dead horse die, they decided to milk the series more by releasing a new manga title that completely remakes the entire eva series into a shojo title with relationship crap, no second impact, everyone in school together and misato is their teacher. (Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days), I'm sure that'll make a good movie. :barf:

Worst video game movie: Super Mario Brothers and their 9 foot tall retarded goombas wearing trenchcoats.

Link has had a voice before and it was so bad, people didn't complain, they just straight up forgot about it and denied it even existed. (watch youtube video below) X'D And even a bad Legend of Zelda movie would be better than the cartoon:

FPxY8lpYAUM

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

BWAHAHAHA! X'D I remember that. He says that in every episode.

Not all movie to game adaptations are bad hower: Anyone remember Goldeneye for N-64? That game was awesome. The Spiderman games were pretty cool too.

But yeah, most do suck.

So Microsoft and Bungie split up eh? Halo 4 on PS3 anyone?

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

Nope, Halo franchise is owned exclusively by Microsoft and as such probably won't be going to any other console (read the split article, Microsoft owns any and all rights to Halo at the moment. Bungie is still under contract with Microsoft for anything Halo related, outside of that Bungie is free to do what they want with any other games they create).

Man I never thought I'd see that again. Damn you Sledge and your unearthing of traumatic memories.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Someone needs to smack that Link adaptation. :)

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.