Pchan

Gundam 00

the only ripoff so far would be the mind communication (its been done in several diffrent gundam series, more notably in Gundam X) and genetic engineering (Gundam Seed and a few other series touched on this topic). Everything else so far has been refreshingly unique and surprisingly nice to watch. I look forward to new Gundam 00 eps and the new side story's that are out.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Why do I get the feeling the Trinity is going to ruin this series? We just had to add three more Gundams didn't we? Four was bad enough and now three more, gah. What happened to the days when only one Gundam was needed? On top of this these Gundams seem just a tad bit overpowered in my opinion.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Why do I get the feeling the Trinity is going to ruin this series? We just had to add three more Gundams didn't we? Four was bad enough and now three more, gah. What happened to the days when only one Gundam was needed? On top of this these Gundams seem just a tad bit overpowered in my opinion.

ya, I was thinking the same exact thing. You can see my displeasure on the MAL thread for the latest episode.

It feels like their trying to please the wide range of Gundams fans right now,

girl fans get sexy male pilots, old school Gundam fans got the whole in depth war story and semi realistic Gundams, and now we have the over powered Gundams to please the newer Gundam Wing/Gundam Seed fans. It pisses me off.

sig.php

I read your displeasure with the ep after watching it myself (I tend to read the new ep discussions, I just don't participate anymore). About the only redeeming quality 00 has now is the awesome new Opening it has (god I love that song).

I might be going out on a limb here but I see the Trinity being the new bad guy on the block soon. Chock it up to the crimson GN particles or just my sneaking suspicion but I highly doubt they're here to work with our current Meisters. The way the older "brother" talked (Johan I think is his name, really didn't care to memorize his name) at the end of the episode makes it seem they have nothing to do with Celestial Being, that they were just there because whoever commands them wanted them to help Celestial Being in that fight. Plus the way the Observers were talking there makes me think the "Thrones" are not part of Celestial Being because they cannot account for the three solar engines used within and the fact that they had no idea (when they are supposedly Celestial Beings eyes and ears) makes me think this also.

True Veda could be withholding this information and only supplying info on a need to know basis (which someone brought up in that discussion) but I highly doubt it would keep something like this from Sumeragi, who is the main tactician for Celestial Being's missions and is one of the main reasons Celestial Being's plans work out (I'm sorry but her plans are what does it, as much as I love seeing Gundams underpowered like they should be the four "main" Gundams could not get through some of the shit they are without Sumeragi's well laid plans).

Then again this series confuses the hell out of me with it's major plot twists. The only reason I'm still watching is to find out more about these solar engines and GN particles (as I said I'm a tech/science geek and this just astounds me) as well as to learn more of Lockon's past (as much as I mocked his name to begin with he's turned out to be my favorite character from the show). The rest is moot in my opinion. If this continues on as it is I'll be dropping it after the first season is done.

Strider, the main problem with this show is that it is built as a 50 ep. series split into two, rather than 2 separate seasons. The buildup is going to take some time...because the story extends into the next season unlike Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny which were very sloppily planned. The answers to the questions you are raising are most likely plot for the next season.... Plus the Director is quite skilled at making these gambles, He's not going to goof off like Fukuda did.

And as far as I am concerned, The trinity siblings are not going to be in good terms with the main characters... as evidenced not only by the OP2 video, but also by spoilers of future episodes. Besides, a thing that is good about this show is that it seems to surprise alot of people when people count it out.

[sigpic]

Doesn't really matter how they base the series, they should still be giving us background info on everything to fill us in. I'm sorry but I don't like series that withhold information like this.

What I meant by dropping the series when season 1 is done is based on the "Throne" Gundams and their pilots. This is really something that is not needed in the series. It had enough political intrigue and story to keep itself going without needing to introduce three new Gundams. They're adding more crap to explain in an already congested story. They're basically writing themselves into the grave with this because now they have three more Gundams to explain, three more character back stories to go into, and go into detail about what organization they work for or why they're held secret from the rest of Celestial Being. I normally like how this director thinks but he's digging himself into a hole he might not be able to dig himself out of with all this extra information he's adding into this (you gotta remember we still don't know why Celestial Being is doing what it's doing, they've never given us a clear explanation as to what brought all this on. Secondly we have five Gundams that have never been talked about in detail (Exia, Dynames, Kyrios, Nadheel, and Virtue. Also the original Gundam from the first ep). We also have four pilots we have very little to no back story on as well as information of the two Observers we have seen (the Chinese chick and the UN Guy) as well as a space ship crew we have no back story on as well. Plus we have three nations we have no idea how they were formed and what they are all about. We've also haven't been told the full back story on the HRL's super soldier program. I could keep going on here but I won't).

This is the main reason why I really haven't enjoyed many Gundam series outside of the UC timeline. Bandai just wants to sell models because its their main source of revenue for the Gundam franchise and as such they sell themselves short on story and character development to add in as many Gundams as they can into a series because Gundam models sell better then Grunt suit models.

I agree that they are overpowered and the pilots are too cocky.

If you want more info on some of the things above go to http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/ and find gundam00.

haha wow I didn't even notice the gundam at the beginning of the series was different from Exia. I had always thought Exia saved him somehow XD. Now I'm guessing GN-000 O Gundam is somehow tied in with Veda.

I just don't like the 3 new Gundams. Even if they are bad guys it just feels like there overkill.

BTW. Throne is only told what it needs to know by Veda. Veda, I'm guessing, is simply an AI that collects all the current information around the world or what it's given, and comes up with a logical explanation or tactical mission on how to deal with the situation. So if Veda was not given enough info about the new Gundams then it only seems right that it would not be able to answer anything about them to Sumeragi. Now that the three have made an appearance, Veda is probably collecting all the info it's being given from sources and will probably come up with an explanation of why they're here.

I have several theory's why they appeared but will hold off on posting them till the next ep.

sig.php

I have a feeling that the Throne pilots will get to "into" their power. The units are overpowered as it is and then they can link together making a mega GN beam! Why? and the female pilot, Nena i think, she is crazy. She gets aboard CB's ship and asks for the pilot of the Exia, and when Setsuna shows up she tackles him and kisses him. What is with that? Then she asks for a tour and threatens him to not piss her off. I don't understand her. Well i do but you get my point.

I'm backed up on this ... maybe at 16 or 17. How's it faring for you guys on your own like~ness charts?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Considering the new developments in ep 19 I'm beginning to like it a little more. Still disgusted with the introduction of the Thrones but I guess I can't have everything I want in a Gundam series anymore.

Lets just say as it stands right now the series is doing better on my likeness charts then G Gundam, the SEED franchise, and Gundam Wing ever did put together.

I still have it at 9/10 on MAL but may change it depending on how the thrones pan out. To be honest I still think they should not have been added to the story but I guess it was the only way to please Seed fans :S.

sig.php

No... but, seriously though...

I'd like to disagree with the super-robot vibes of the Thrones. Throne Meisters are....

Bad Pilots to begin with

They're not even as good as your standard hax pilot from SEED.Because of This, when the GN-X's were introduced(standard MS with GN Tau Drives, 10 for each power block) they got seriously overpowered by, Grunts....

[sigpic]

Has there been a Char clone yet?

To my surprise, no. We have yet to meet a masked man and we've yet to meet someone with the ideals that Char had (then again Space isn't as big in this one as it has been in the past and is hardly even colonized).

Technically the GN-X suits are not grunts. They are on the same par with the Gundams. They have the Solar Furnaces (though fake) and it seems their armor is made of the same material as the Gundams (or maybe even stronger seeing as how Lockon's rifle can't penetrate their armor nor can normal beam shots, only over powered shots like Virtue GN Blaster). This is something that has really yet to be seen in a Gundam show, suits on par with Gundams. Grunt suits in the past were always outclassed by Gundams unless in the hands of superb pilots (Char, Ranba, and any other ace pilot in the past). True, some of the pilots in the GN-X's are more then superb (Graham's wingman for one, the Colonel and the White haired chick, oddly enough Patrick, and a few others) but for the most part they're normal, Grunt pilots. So actually these pilots are better then SEED Grunts and the suits are beyond anything normal.

The Thrones still give off that overpowered feel, they always will as they were suits introduced later in the series that have the same power as the Gundams (or in the case of the Thrones more power). To top it off the Thrones are not bad pilots (well except for the chick, shes pretty useless in combat). Johann and Michael are superb pilots (though the latter is somewhat insane and psychotic) and have shown their skills time and time again. Just because they've lost to Grunt suits does not make them bad pilots. If that did the Original Meisters are just as bad, having had their butts handed to them in ep 16 (and this whole they were outnumbered crap doesn't account for anything).

Is it just me or do they like kicking Saji in the balls? Man that guy has more bad luck then anyone.

ya, I'm happy they gave everyone else the same amount of power or close to the same amount of power. I was really getting frustrated with trinity being too overpowered even though they where not as good at being pilots as the original Gundam crew. Now that everyone is basically on the same level, it makes it way more interesting and basically comes down to who's the better pilots VS who has more people.

After seeing the new GN-X's it's starting to feel like their using most of the same stuff that was in Gundam X. Which isn't bad.

sig.php

Hmmm so I guess the Thrones are vulnerable to suit power outs versus our old chumps.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Trans-arm ... wtf, that's like turning Super Saiyan ... I wonder what they'll progress to once everyone has the Trans-arm ... weird.

Not exactly, the Gundam in the first episode had red GN particles spread out excessively like the Thrones. His suit was glowing red, that's it. Makes your wonder who piloted that old Gundam, ne? None the less, I don't seem to like this new development at all, even if it's Super Saiyan only fer the Exia, it's more than enough to take out 4-6 suits in a single battle, upon which the enemy would retreat and then another 4-6 in the next battle, and so forth ... just when it got interesting with Lockon's suit being damaged and the UN having a slight upper hand, it lasted 14-16 tele-tube minutes X'D.

Not exactly, the Gundam in the first episode had red GN particles spread out excessively like the Thrones. His suit was glowing red, that's it. Makes your wonder who piloted that old Gundam, ne? None the less, I don't seem to like this new development at all, even if it's Super Saiyan only fer the Exia, it's more than enough to take out 4-6 suits in a single battle, upon which the enemy would retreat and then another 4-6 in the next battle, and so forth ... just when it got interesting with Lockon's suit being damaged and the UN having a slight upper hand, it lasted 14-16 tele-tube minutes X'D.

Ah I was wrong about them looking the same. I just watched the first ep again. The first gundam expelled light blueish particles from its back. It also had a small gun and shield. Exia turned pinkish red and had darker red spots show up on its shell. It also didn't expel any particles.

So I guess we where both off on that one :S.

sig.php

its good that Trans-AM has a downside to it. I'm happy the writers are trying to keep everything realistic as apposed to past series like Wing and Seed where the Gundams have no flaws and the pilots are almost robotic. If you watched the latest ep, Trans-AM uses the particles completely causing the suit to get a temporary boost. Once the particles run out the suit goes below average in speed and power.

RIP Lockon

sig.php