Pchan

Gundam 00

We've had preliminary threads on the previews and trailers and such. Now with the anime released, discuss all matters here, theories or facts, love or hate, war or peace, ice cream or cake, chocolate banana mouse or triple strawberry cheesecake *gets violently hit by Strider* ... -__- gomen *stops*

Hmmm ... the first episode showed Gundam's as super powerful against their next best competitor which sorta makes me wonder, are they going to have some of them stolen like Seed X'D and then have equal battles? It's TOO early to assume that, gomen, but just a thought. That Gundam exhaust wing pattern's huge ne o_0 ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sadly it failed to impress me with the first episode. It seems we're recycling the whole "Gundams are super-powerful, everything else pails in comparison" formula from Wing (and possibly SEED, can't comment on it since I dropped SEED at episode 10 and didn't watch Destiny). Characters are somewhat bland outside of Lockon (yes I know, I mocked him earlier but I actually like his character. He seems pretty damn cool) and his Haro.

Gundam designs kinda suck. Exia looks alright and Kyrios (sp?) is pretty tight (have always had a thing for transformable Gundams hence why I love the Zeta Gundam). Virtue is too damn bulky and I don't like the design overall. Lockon's Gundam (I know the name, just don't want to butcher the spelling), though I like the concept of a long-range purpose Gundam, is rather lacking.

Story has an interesting premise though I'm not all for this whole "We're going to stop all war with our awesome military might" crap Celestial Being is spouting. I do like how we're not recycling the whole Earth vs. Space Colonies plot though. The whole three factions on Earth thing seems like a pretty good concept, lets hope they don't fuck it up by destroying it.

Overall it's not a bad start. At this moment I don't think I'll continue watching it beyond episode 4 (which if it doesn't grab my attention or make me want to see more I'm going to drop it). I just feel it's lacking what made the original Gundam so awesome.

O.o I'll take some of that cheesecake there GG, sounds really good right about now.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I thought it was a great start. I was sick of the same re-made gundam story's over and over again "Kill the space colonies, kill the earth, kill the new battle ship bla bla bla newtypes/old types/bla bla bla". I love how the story is really focusing more on current events and what the world would be like in the future in our own time line. It's kind of ironic though, that the US uses solar power for their mecha lol.

As for the gundams, I didn't like the designs when I saw it on the site and I still don't like them in the show. The mecha design isn't traditional at all and it makes me feel like I'm watching something else. But I'm happy the Gundams are not stupidly powerfully like wing. You can definitly see each one has its own weakness. For example Exia (the melee gundam) has a horrible time dealing with more then a few mecha in air. Lockon had to help out a bit but you can tell if a melee mecha got near him he would have been screwed as well since he has to set him self up to snipe at long distances. I think the first ep was mainly to show what the gundams where capable of thats why some of you feel they where "Super strong". Give it some time before jumping to conclusions.

Also It should get even more interesting now that the whole world could possibly be targeting them as potential enemy's.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I think it's set up that way goku. I highly doubt they'd have them declare what they did at the start if they didn't plan on having the AEU, Union, and that other faction (name escapes me at the moment) going after Celestial Being from the get go. Seriously making that kind of statement is bound to rub the higher ups in each group the wrong way.

I'll stick by my statement that we're recycling Wing's Gundam formula. True they're each good at one thing or one set of things (Exia = Melee, Dynames (sp?) = Long-range support, Virtue = Artillery/Heavy Gunner, and Kyrios = Flexibility/Air-support/etc), hence why they're teamed up (Setsuna/Lockon for melee/ranged offensives and Virtue/Kyrios for flexibility/artillery (though I suspect they do variations of this throughout the show)), but still something rubs me the wrong way by how easily they can get by (true, they use a whole different system for moving (GN Particle (Minovsky rip-off maybe?)). Call me bias or quick to judge but thats the feel I get from the first episode, it just seems to be the new formula for Gundam since Tomino stepped down (yes I'm biased toward his works, he's the original creator so his shows will always be far superior to the new ones in my book).

Like I said I won't judge it till we're four episodes in (which is my cut-off for anime, if I'm not interested by then I won't get interested). If this fails to keep to my expectations then the new Macross definitely will (there has yet to be a Macross that I haven't liked, again probably because of the whole transforming thing).

I think it's set up that way goku. I highly doubt they'd have them declare what they did at the start if they didn't plan on having the AEU, Union, and that other faction (name escapes me at the moment) going after Celestial Being from the get go. Seriously making that kind of statement is bound to rub the higher ups in each group the wrong way.

I'll stick by my statement that we're recycling Wing's Gundam formula. True they're each good at one thing or one set of things (Exia = Melee, Dynames (sp?) = Long-range support, Virtue = Artillery/Heavy Gunner, and Kyrios = Flexibility/Air-support/etc), hence why they're teamed up (Setsuna/Lockon for melee/ranged offensives and Virtue/Kyrios for flexibility/artillery (though I suspect they do variations of this throughout the show)), but still something rubs me the wrong way by how easily they can get by (true, they use a whole different system for moving (GN Particle (Minovsky rip-off maybe?)). Call me bias or quick to judge but thats the feel I get from the first episode, it just seems to be the new formula for Gundam since Tomino stepped down (yes I'm biased toward his works, he's the original creator so his shows will always be far superior to the new ones in my book).

Like I said I won't judge it till we're four episodes in (which is my cut-off for anime, if I'm not interested by then I won't get interested). If this fails to keep to my expectations then the new Macross definitely will (there has yet to be a Macross that I haven't liked, again probably because of the whole transforming thing).

ya its set up that way so we have a plot :P.

not intending to be an ass or anything but you say your not bias yet you're already comparing and shooting it down and it's only been the first ep lol. I don't see how this is comparable to Wing and I wont be planning on trying to compare the two till the show is more then halfway done. I don't want to cloud my opinion with this from crappy other series.

sig.php

goku it's my personality. When it comes to Gundam I have the problem of comparing new ones to older ones, it's got nothing to do with bias. I hold Gundam up an a pretty high pillar and as such I'm a hard ass when it comes to the series. Once I notice similarities to others or notice a formula being recycled I start bad mouthing it. It's a bad habit of mine that probably won't change. I have high hopes for Gundam 00, which have yet to be reached. Every other Gundam I've watched has been able to hook me on the first episode (Wing, SEED, Destiny, and G Gundam being exceptions) so I expect others to do the same. In my eyes Gundam 00 will not reach these expectations however should it in the next three episodes you'll be damned sure that I'll be talking nothing but good things about it.

Like I said, it's my warped personality and my inner fanboy talking. Like I said when it comes to Gundam you'll see me get very nasty about my opinion on it if it doesn't interest me.

On a side note you don't sound like an ass, it's your opinion of my words (which I do agree they sound pretty bias, even if I'm not being bias).

I'd rather be bias than bi-ass... What a downer that there will never be another good UC show in a long time. I don't see the amazement in 00 having various Gundams that do different things. Come on that's just the same thing 00 has in common with Wing & Seed.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

goku it's my personality. When it comes to Gundam I have the problem of comparing new ones to older ones, it's got nothing to do with bias. I hold Gundam up an a pretty high pillar and as such I'm a hard ass when it comes to the series. Once I notice similarities to others or notice a formula being recycled I start bad mouthing it. It's a bad habit of mine that probably won't change. I have high hopes for Gundam 00, which have yet to be reached. Every other Gundam I've watched has been able to hook me on the first episode (Wing, SEED, Destiny, and G Gundam being exceptions) so I expect others to do the same. In my eyes Gundam 00 will not reach these expectations however should it in the next three episodes you'll be damned sure that I'll be talking nothing but good things about it.

Like I said, it's my warped personality and my inner fanboy talking. Like I said when it comes to Gundam you'll see me get very nasty about my opinion on it if it doesn't interest me.

On a side note you don't sound like an ass, it's your opinion of my words (which I do agree they sound pretty bias, even if I'm not being bias).

Ic, from that way you where talking about 00 it sounded like you had already made your mind up that the show sucked lol.I too have high hopes and expectations for this series, that's why it saddens me when people automatically diss it before we even know whats going on (MAL discussions). I hope it's as good as the original gundam but even if it isn't I'll still be happy if it turns out better then Seed. I plan to watch it till the end anyway.

sig.php

I plan to watch it till the end anyway.

Off Topic:

just so you dont fall any further from my ranking on MAL huh ....i see how it is :P *cough*

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Off Topic:

... and, I'm a couple hundred behind you, goku X'D

2 episodes out, they showcase more Gundams, and a bit more on characteristics of the pilots. Why can't you have a normal pilot behind that machine?!!?!? Why does everyone or the main character HAVE to have issues X'D ... just typing out loud hehe, don't take me seriously.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Hehe, it looked that way right from the start actually. Gundam vs The World ... still unfair X'D.

They basically proved Epples theory in the first ep with Celestial Being's statement at the end of that ep and they reaffirmed it in the second episode.

Last episode was alright. They're moving a little to slow for my tastes and I still think something is missing (this show just doesn't feel right for a Gundam show). Can't find anything to hate at the moment and the ep had a good amount of back story on Setsuna at least (or more then we already know). I still stick to my comment on the GW Gundam theory, seriously they're making everything else in the series look extremely bad (I don't care how much more advanced the Gundams are in respect to the other suits, it looks like a freaking cakewalk for the Meisters).\

About the only thing keeping my interest in Gundam 00 at the moment is my overwhelming curiosity of the science behind GN Particles (I'm a tech and science nerd so these GN particles are quite interesting). I want to know more about what they are and how they work in respect to the GN Drives on the Gundams.

So far I'm not that into it, but I'm still watching, hopefully I'll like it more as it goes on. But they're going in the SEED direction by giving Excia, Excia Avalanche... Though, Astraea has a fairly badass design.

hmmm I liked the latest ep all the way up to the part where they ripped off newtypes....why did they have to add in the damn "omg I sense you lets fight" thing. I guess eppy was right, they have to add in something like that to all Gundam series just like how they add Haro lol..

sig.php

I'm up to episode 8 I think, will continue to watch after my post here till 12 ... but, the balance may just be right. Good mobile suits piloted by people with issues vs decent mobile suits piloted by people with (maybe) better skill. What's with the whole brain wave thing, Zeta anyone? Virtue's ability is so ... massive yet the big flaw is the time gap between it's attack and a possible counter attack measure, if they spread out in an attack against the Virtue, they could get it from behind, unless there's a trick to that they haven't shown us yet! Kyrios's beam gun too has a slightly higher recovery time ...

What's with the whole brain wave thing, Zeta anyone?

also *cough* the brothers from Gundam X *cough* *cough* Gundam Seed's genetic research Bull Shit *cough*. Ya that's probably the only thing I've hated so far about the series since its a rip off of past series. Other then that I stick by my word, this has been very original and has a healthy mixture of both political and realistic fighting (with the exception of the overpowered Virtue Gundam that can basically prevent any kind of attack and kill just about any kind of suit :P). Godgrave, you will see what I mean in the next few eps when it sheds its armor. That Gundam uses mad hacks dude. Theres basicly no point in having any other Gundams lol.

I also think the pilot is a cyborg but we wont know for another episode or two

sig.php

Shite, seriously. They picked on it's weakness and when it began shedding it's armor I thought it was like a self-destruct mode he'd set, but NO! There had to be more! But, it'd be interesting to see the Flag units + HFL units with that cyborg girl + Setsuna's old leader come under one roof to battle the Gundams ... collectively faced, the Gundams face to lose me thinks unless there's MUCH more to them than what already meets the eye hahaha X'D.

We're half way through ... 24 episodes.

Shite, seriously. They picked on it's weakness and when it began shedding it's armor I thought it was like a self-destruct mode he'd set, but NO! There had to be more! But, it'd be interesting to see the Flag units + HFL units with that cyborg girl + Setsuna's old leader come under one roof to battle the Gundams ... collectively faced, the Gundams face to lose me thinks unless there's MUCH more to them than what already meets the eye hahaha X'D.

We're half way through ... 24 episodes.

The girl that fights on the enemy side is not a cyborg XD. Although she seems it. You will find out more in the next few episodes when they start building character development.

PS. Looks like 3 Gundam 00 side story's just started coming out. Gundam 00V, Gundam 00P, and Gundam 00F...I think I got the letters right. All three have different time settings, one takes place in the future after the Gundam 00 series, another takes place before and shows allot of prototyple's for the first Gundams and mechas and the other one runs during the same time as Gundam 00's story line.

Image:

OO76.jpg

Cant wait till people start translating.

sig.php