Pchan

Gundam 00

I haven't seen it yet, I think it took a while to download plus I had to leave for work pretttttty early X'D ... that having said, somehow there's just too much going on ... they make something strong, make something up to make it weak, make up another thing to make it strong, and so forth. Be consistent X'D! Naah, I like it so far.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

After the last episode I officially have no reason to keep watching/watch the second season. Damn you, damn you

Yes, Lockon was the only reason I was still watching. With his death 00 lost it's only redeemable quality, Lockon's awesomeness

You honestly don't like the show? I find it to be really interesting. It's probably going to be somewhere in my top 10 for fav Gundam series.

@Godgrave, it is consistent. After you watch the end you will understand why theres a downside to Trans-AM. Its not randomly done, it makes sense since the Gundams have to "recharge" anyway. Also think of it this way, would you want all the Gundams overpowering everyone with Trans-AM lol. That would kill the show.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Sadly it has nothing of interest for me. Since the Thrones were introduced the show has really gone downhill. Frankly the show had promise pre-Thrones, now it really has nothing. The introduction of the Trans-Am system has quite frankly done for the series what the introduction of the Zero system did for Gundam Wing, introduce an overpowered element that really wasn't needed (yes I now Trans-Am has an ill effect but still).

Top it off they *spoiler* my favorite character. The show as a whole is ruined for me. I certainly like this director and what he was doing but I don't like the direction he's going in right now. Like I said if nothing of interest happens in these last two episodes I'm not going to pick up Season 2. As I said before, I'm picky about my Gundam series and if they don't meet a certain standard I hold for the series and maintain it I will drop it. That standard was met before the introduction of the Thrones but since then it's plummeted drastically (the only redeeming quality was when they *spoiler* and now they lost that with the *spoiler*).

Yea, I know. I'm over critical no use mentioning it.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Sadly it has nothing of interest for me. Since the Thrones were introduced the show has really gone downhill. Frankly the show had promise pre-Thrones, now it really has nothing. The introduction of the Trans-Am system has quite frankly done for the series what the introduction of the Zero system did for Gundam Wing, introduce an overpowered element that really wasn't needed (yes I now Trans-Am has an ill effect but still).

Top it off they *spoiler* my favorite character. The show as a whole is ruined for me. I certainly like this director and what he was doing but I don't like the direction he's going in right now. Like I said if nothing of interest happens in these last two episodes I'm not going to pick up Season 2. As I said before, I'm picky about my Gundam series and if they don't meet a certain standard I hold for the series and maintain it I will drop it. That standard was met before the introduction of the Thrones but since then it's plummeted drastically (the only redeeming quality was when they *spoiler* and now they lost that with the *spoiler*).

Yea, I know. I'm over critical no use mentioning it.

I guess you have a point. I found the beginning half (before thrones) a lot better then the current half (with thrones/and GN-X's), too. But the show is still leap years better then Wing and Seed and that's all that matters to me haha. At least they're going for something new as apposed to recreating the same earth vs space people story. And since the story is interesting and everyone is about equal in terms of power, it's been keeping my attention. However when the Trans-Am was introduced I was thinking the same thing as you. If they didn't add a downside to it, I probably would have had major negative opinions about the series like I did about the thrones being introduced.

As much as I really really hated to see Lockon die, I was a bit happy that they showed that the Gundam pilots are not immortal. They can lose a battle and die. Theres no do overs and magic transportations. It wasn't like Seed where Kara "dies" and then appears someplace else alive and unscathed lol and it wasn't like Wing where the pilots just didn't care about their lives at all and where willing to blow them selves up (yet none of them die either). Lockon went out in a way that seemed realistic and understandable. It's to bad he couldn't just suck it up and leave with Haro but he couldn't, he had to try and kill the bastard that caused so many problems for him.

I also heard a few more of the original Gundam team members die in the next season and that a few new pilots are introduced. I'm wondering if that will be a good or bad idea.

sig.php

with a death don't you think said person will come back later? I mean look at the previous seasons of gundam about 30% of the time said character comes back. EX. Hero from wing, and Kira from seed. And they never found a body.

Search for last months or the month before (I forgot) Newtype magazine. It has spoilers for things that are set to happen next season. :)

sig.php

with a death don't you think said person will come back later? I mean look at the previous seasons of gundam about 30% of the time said character comes back. EX. Hero from wing, and Kira from seed. And they never found a body.

Buddy I highly doubt the dead will be walking anytime soon. You do realize this is the director that did Full Metal Alchemist so it's safe to bet that once someone dies in this series they ain't coming back.

yeah its really obvious he is dead....thats a failsafe death the way he went no atmosphere to save him and such

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Oh yea, we have our Char clone now EVA or we will in the 2nd season. Hooray for masked men who are supposed to be dead /sigh

Well now I'm at a crossroad, to continue or not. Not to thrilled with how S1 ended (though I'll admit it's nice they didn't leave us with any major cliffhangers). Rest will now be in spoilers so look if you dare.

Can't say I was to overly impressed with the show. It had a lot of potential and I mean a lot when it first started. Hell it surpassed my expectations in the beginning and completely killed them when the Thrones were introduced and then brought back some hope when the Thrones were destroyed then lost all that hope and more when Lockon was killed. Yep, nice little roller coaster of hope ending.

Must say the last two episodes proved to be interesting to say the least. The majority of our CB team is dead (Blond haired chick, doctor dude, helms dude, Lasse, Lockon, and supposedly Setsuna now), all the Gundams are basically heaps of trash now, Mobile armor appearance and destruction, Graham's epic GAR moment and epic death (or so we thought, again hooray for masked men who are supposed to be dead) coupled with Setsuna's epic GAR moment and not so epic death, startling revelation of Alle's past with Soma/Marie and Halle's death (so to speak), cyberpunk turning on Mobile armor pilot and claiming his right to rule the unified Earth, Nena's reappearance in ending (god I want her to die), the touching little scene with Marina reading Setsuna's last message (or so we think), the revelation of Gundam 00 (ZOMG overpowered maybe?), Earth is now unified into one major country, and blah blah blah.

I can't really say whether or not I'm going to continue this now. Part of me really wants to see Gundam 00 since it's supposed to be the remnants of Exia rebuilt and I really want to see if that masked man really is Graham (I know I know, it probably is but hell I really want to know). That and I want proof that Setsuna is dead now. The other part of me doesn't want to watch the rest because now it's going to be the new CB under that green haired kids command vs. Earth's unified front. Really I just don't know what to think anymore about this show. We're going to have to see what I feel like in October when the next season starts.

Oh yea, we have our Char clone now EVA or we will in the 2nd season. Hooray for masked men who are supposed to be dead /sigh

Well now I'm at a crossroad, to continue or not. Not to thrilled with how S1 ended (though I'll admit it's nice they didn't leave us with any major cliffhangers). Rest will now be in spoilers so look if you dare.

Can't say I was to overly impressed with the show. It had a lot of potential and I mean a lot when it first started. Hell it surpassed my expectations in the beginning and completely killed them when the Thrones were introduced and then brought back some hope when the Thrones were destroyed then lost all that hope and more when Lockon was killed. Yep, nice little roller coaster of hope ending.

Must say the last two episodes proved to be interesting to say the least. The majority of our CB team is dead (Blond haired chick, doctor dude, helms dude, Lasse, Lockon, and supposedly Setsuna now), all the Gundams are basically heaps of trash now, Mobile armor appearance and destruction, Graham's epic GAR moment and epic death (or so we thought, again hooray for masked men who are supposed to be dead) coupled with Setsuna's epic GAR moment and not so epic death, startling revelation of Alle's past with Soma/Marie and Halle's death (so to speak), cyberpunk turning on Mobile armor pilot and claiming his right to rule the unified Earth, Nena's reappearance in ending (god I want her to die), the touching little scene with Marina reading Setsuna's last message (or so we think), the revelation of Gundam 00 (ZOMG overpowered maybe?), Earth is now unified into one major country, and blah blah blah.

I can't really say whether or not I'm going to continue this now. Part of me really wants to see Gundam 00 since it's supposed to be the remnants of Exia rebuilt and I really want to see if that masked man really is Graham (I know I know, it probably is but hell I really want to know). That and I want proof that Setsuna is dead now. The other part of me doesn't want to watch the rest because now it's going to be the new CB under that green haired kids command vs. Earth's unified front. Really I just don't know what to think anymore about this show. We're going to have to see what I feel like in October when the next season starts.

Ya, the ending was a bit to fast pasted. They tried to wipe out everyone lol.

Graham comes out of no where and blows up with Exia....gay. As for his death, I doubt it. Him and Setsuna probably survived. Setsuna and Allelujah's story's where also not finished completely so I expect to see them show up again in S2.

I plan to watch it in October. I found this series enjoyable but I agree, it was a roller coaster of a series. The whole beginning was great, its to bad they introduced Trinity...that kind of messed up the series in my opinion. O well, I still found it far better then most of the newer Gundam series.

sig.php

Ya, the ending was a bit to fast pasted. They tried to wipe out everyone lol.

Graham comes out of no where and blows up with Exia....gay. As for his death, I doubt it. Him and Setsuna probably survived. Setsuna and Allelujah's story's where also not finished completely so I expect to see them show up again in S2.

I plan to watch it in October. I found this series enjoyable but I agree, it was a roller coaster of a series. The whole beginning was great, its to bad they introduced Trinity...that kind of messed up the series in my opinion. O well, I still found it far better then most of the newer Gundam series.

dont you think its kind of odd that CB didnt know about Trinity? it makes me think that maybe there are a few more gundams out there. S2 is probably gundams V Earth, and somehow, 5 gundams will pwn all of earth. it always happens.

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50

Trinity wasn't apart of CB. They didn't know about it because Veda had no information on them. Trinity had access to Veda thanks to the hacked Haro. So yes, it was weird but its understandable.

and ya, next season we already saw two new Gundams at the end of season one. Theres also supposed to be a few new pilots so I'm assuming Pilots come with Gundams haha. As for the story, It's up in the air. Who really knows whats gonna happen now. Since earth is basically allied together the only possible conflict I could see happening is that new "special earth unit" decides to cause issues since their the only ones with power now, then the Gundams show up to take them out...etc war brakes out....etc etc.

sig.php

As goku pointed out it's not overly weird Veda/CB had no prior information on the Trinity's. As we learned their Solar Furnaces were fakes and as goku said they had access to Veda through Nena's Haro (which for some reason or another ended in their possession). I highly doubt anyone outside of CB and the new organization founded at the end of S1 will have access to Gundams. As we've seen the three sides had no access to the technology behind the Gundams (GN Drives/Solar Furnaces) and were only given access to them toward the end of S1 through leeks in CB intelligence, which was fake to begin with (but still gave them the power needed to beat the Gundams back in the end).

S2 is most likely, don't quote me on this, gonna be the new United Earth government (whatever it's called, I don't remember if a name was given at the end of ep 25) vs. the new organization formed by that green haired kid at them end (or they might be sided with each other, they were vague on his stance in the end). I have a feeling CB will be playing a role similar to what Jamil and crew played in Gundam X, they won't be sided with either group but will be working to end the strife caused between the two sides. Like I said don't quote me on that as they were extremely vague as to what direction S2 will be going in as everything has changed dramatically since the beginning.

Who really knows with this director. The way FMA ended it could be anyone's guess as to how Gundam 00 will end.

As goku pointed out it's not overly weird Veda/CB had no prior information on the Trinity's. As we learned their Solar Furnaces were fakes and as goku said they had access to Veda through Nena's Haro (which for some reason or another ended in their possession). I highly doubt anyone outside of CB and the new organization founded at the end of S1 will have access to Gundams. As we've seen the three sides had no access to the technology behind the Gundams (GN Drives/Solar Furnaces) and were only given access to them toward the end of S1 through leeks in CB intelligence, which was fake to begin with (but still gave them the power needed to beat the Gundams back in the end).

S2 is most likely, don't quote me on this, gonna be the new United Earth government (whatever it's called, I don't remember if a name was given at the end of ep 25) vs. the new organization formed by that green haired kid at them end (or they might be sided with each other, they were vague on his stance in the end). I have a feeling CB will be playing a role similar to what Jamil and crew played in Gundam X, they won't be sided with either group but will be working to end the strife caused between the two sides. Like I said don't quote me on that as they were extremely vague as to what direction S2 will be going in as everything has changed dramatically since the beginning.

Who really knows with this director. The way FMA ended it could be anyone's guess as to how Gundam 00 will end.

ahh ya I forgot about that green haired cyborg and his army of clones lol.

sig.php

I finally finished watching Gundam 00 and it surprised me. I was expecting yet another Gundam series based on the exact same plot as all the previous gundams except with a new twist like Seed was. Instead, the plot was good. The gundams were overpowered at first, but they could still be taken out with a beamsaber if someone was fast enough to get thru a clean hit. The thrones were pointless and I hated the never ending anime bullshit of putting cocky or pyshopaths in gundams/mobilesuits. When the Michael guy was shot by that Ali guy I was so friggin pleased. X'D

Lockon was my favorite character. It pissed me off something fierce when they killed him off because no other character in this series is worth shit.

I'm glad they didn't go into to much detail with the super soldier thing. Crap like that has been done too much in gundam. I wished that Allejulah/Halleluah guy wouldv'e died so they could stop referencing brainwaves and super soldier shit that only has to do with two characters in the entire series.

Saji and Louise are so damn pointless. Unless they become major characters in season 2, they wasted so much time on the two of them when they could have done some sort of backstory on any other character or at least givin more information about Veda and it's AI with miraculous information gathering ability.

It was refreshing that colonies were not in this season, but colonies were mentioned in I think one sentance in one of the later episodes. "My parents died on blah blah colony" So with the earth now unified and all gundam's series' plots focusing on mankinds never ending warmongering with one another, I wouldn't be surprised if the unified earth will now set its sights on conquering space faring people like colonies.

But, wouldn't it be a fucking awesome twist if it turns out CB knew an alien force was moving in towards earth? What if it turns out CB's ultimate goal was realized in uniting earth into a single power in an attempt to save all of humanity from a truely outside threat? But we all know this would never happen. :P

And I wouldn't be surprised if Lockon returns as a masked man himself. They did that with Laflaga (sp?) on Seed. He was everyone's favorite character and he died without a doubt, but that bastard somehow survived with a scar on his face and no memory. And of course became an enemy of his former friends until his memory started coming back, blah blah. I hope Lockon truely is dead, because that would make his death that much more meaningful. And maybe that pink haired girl that liked him will become a gundam meister and fight like he did.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I finally finished watching Gundam 00 and it surprised me. I was expecting yet another Gundam series based on the exact same plot as all the previous gundams except with a new twist like Seed was. Instead, the plot was good. The gundams were overpowered at first, but they could still be taken out with a beamsaber if someone was fast enough to get thru a clean hit. The thrones were pointless and I hated the never ending anime bullshit of putting cocky or pyshopaths in gundams/mobilesuits. When the Michael guy was shot by that Ali guy I was so friggin pleased. X'D

Lockon was my favorite character. It pissed me off something fierce when they killed him off because no other character in this series is worth shit.

I'm glad they didn't go into to much detail with the super soldier thing. Crap like that has been done too much in gundam. I wished that Allejulah/Halleluah guy wouldv'e died so they could stop referencing brainwaves and super soldier shit that only has to do with two characters in the entire series.

Saji and Louise are so damn pointless. Unless they become major characters in season 2, they wasted so much time on the two of them when they could have done some sort of backstory on any other character or at least givin more information about Veda and it's AI with miraculous information gathering ability.

It was refreshing that colonies were not in this season, but colonies were mentioned in I think one sentance in one of the later episodes. "My parents died on blah blah colony" So with the earth now unified and all gundam's series' plots focusing on mankinds never ending warmongering with one another, I wouldn't be surprised if the unified earth will now set its sights on conquering space faring people like colonies.

But, wouldn't it be a fucking awesome twist if it turns out CB knew an alien force was moving in towards earth? What if it turns out CB's ultimate goal was realized in uniting earth into a single power in an attempt to save all of humanity from a truely outside threat? But we all know this would never happen. :P

And I wouldn't be surprised if Lockon returns as a masked man himself. They did that with Laflaga (sp?) on Seed. He was everyone's favorite character and he died without a doubt, but that bastard somehow survived with a scar on his face and no memory. And of course became an enemy of his former friends until his memory started coming back, blah blah. I hope Lockon truely is dead, because that would make his death that much more meaningful. And maybe that pink haired girl that liked him will become a gundam meister and fight like he did.

:) looks like you liked it.

Ya, Lockon was in everyones top 2 fav chars. I think the reason being is becuse hes the only normal guy. He acts so casual its almost like he could be your best buddy. Everyone else either doesn't talk, puts people down, or is just crazy. I agree, it sucks about what happen but they needed to keep the show realistic. It would suck if he just randomly showed up in space all safe floating around like nothing happened.

Saji and Louise where used for two things. The first, being to show what it's like to be a normal middle class teenager with no power at all feeling the effects of war. And the second being, it builds up their background for the second season. They both play major parts in the second season as you can see from the ending of the first season. Veda will also most likely be explained extensively since we now have an army of Cyborg clones.

PS. There is a masked man in the second season if you look closely in the end of the last ep in Gundam 00 ^_^;, lets hope it's not who you think it is.

sig.php

The official website updated with the characters and gundams for season 2... and low and behold, Lockon is listed as a character for season 2:

http://www.gundam00.net/character/index.html

So hes either a twin or he somehow survived. O_O

didnt i tell a few people about that...it was updated like a month or so ago...maybe it was jsut strider and goku :-/

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link