Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Virgin Galactic to build first spaceport in New Mexico

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/2007/09/06/virgin_galactic.html

american-spaceport-4.jpg

Virgin Galactic has been working on consumer space travel for some time — that we know. But once they get that all figured out, where will their spaceships take off from? Certainly not a regular airport. That's for airplanes. Nope, they need to build themselves a spaceport, which is just what they're doing.

The 100,000-square-foot facility will be built in New Mexico, and the design sure lives up to what we think a spaceport should look like. Costing $31 million to build, it'll be big enough to accommodate two White Knight Two carrier aircraft and five SpaceShipTwo spaceliners. Virgin hopes to have it open by next year. Yes, next year. With a ticket to space still costing in the millions of dollars, you'd better start saving your pennies. Click through to see more pictures of the spaceport design.

— Adam Frucci

Click the link for more design pics. I can't believe they're planning on making it in under a year. O_O they must have some series sponsors funding them.

I thought that building in the middle was a space ship at first. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Guess what I want for my birthday two years from now Sledgstone? Better start saving up for it. X'D

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

okay then I wont sell one of the kids for a ticket O_O

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I heard their first attempt at space travel ended in an explosion and people dead. Now their building a port? 0-o
I don't know where you heard that, but that's an out right lie. Their first flight was a success if you ever seen it on TV. I've seen it more than once on the science channel.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I think some of their original flights did end in deaths, but yes they did win that million something dollar prize for their spaceship1 space flight.. but just in the past month or so multiple people died while working on the new spaceship2 spacecraft. Some chemical explosion accident. Its probably on CNN somewhere.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I don't know where you heard that, but that's an out right lie. Their first flight was a success if you ever seen it on TV. I've seen it more than once on the science channel.

It was in popular science magazine. In one of their early tests, the craft exploded and killed 3 people. Popular Science Magazine doesn't lie.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Sign in to follow this