Sign in to follow this  
HKofsesshoumaru

I got engaged!

I got engaged last night! No joke. Don't worry, It ain't like I am getting married tomorrow and NO..I'm not pregnant. We are thinking about getting married Sept 2008. So that is a year from now. Plus, there are a few relationship classes that we wan't to take for good measure. Kinda like extra credit and useful info we can use in the future. NO rush though..but I'm excited! Yeah!~:happy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

The ring I got was from a friend of his, that passed away in March. She asked him to give it to someone he truly loved. It's simple, silver (I'm not to big on gold) and has "Forever Yours" inside of it. It means way more to me than some huge ass diamond that was purchased in a store. *shrugs* I'm not all blingy like that..LOL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

And definitely better than cubit zirconium! :) Congratulations!

I'm glad to see you go to relationship classes. Not because you need them, but because you can learn many lessons that will help you understand each other better. The best lesson of all is communication. Talk with each other about everything, including the hard things like finances, sex, and children.

You should come up with a budget that will pay for all of your needs with a single paycheck, in case someone has to take off time for something special. ;) The extra paycheck should be put into the bank to help pay for the wedding and another baby. Best to prepare now.

I know you know about sex seeing as you have a little girl and all :P, but you should talk openly about what you both expect from each other in that department. If either of you have any kinky habits, you should let each other know now what you're willing and able to do, before someone is hurt or turned off. Also, come up with a code word to let each other know when no means no. I hate the "I'm too sleepy" or "I have a headache" bit, so come up with something like "Stop him Batman" or probably something less cheesy.

Since you already have a precious little girl the children issue won't be as bad, but I'm sure you remember how emotional things get through a pregnancy and with a newborn. Give him a heads up, so he knows what to expect.

Are you still listening. Man, it's like I'm lecturing my own children before they get married. Never too early to start I suppose at 2 and 3. Hmm, anyway, congratulations, and I hope you find this advice useful.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

My two brothers and I followed in the footsteps of our father! I may have proposed that quickly, but we didn't marry until about a year and a half later. Well, officially anyway. :)

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

pfffft me n yer brother been together 7 years with no ring and it will be 7 more before we even worry about it

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

LOL second date huh? My mom and dad got married after like three months of knowing each other. lol and they call me irresponsible!

my parents met. 6 weeks later they were engaged. then 6 months later they were married. been together ever since lol sometimes ya just know =3

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

... and sometimes ya marry the chump stay together for a year and then it takes 3 years to get divorced.... :look:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sledgstone gave you a promise ring and would have done much more if it wasn't for the fact you guys would've lost your health care and other benefits. He loves you very much. Must I remind you of this horrible pic. :meh:

:kiss:

Say, how much do one of those classes cost and will they teach your partner how to cook?

I do all the cooking.:happy: My kid's dad is a chef, so the 4 years we were together I learned a lot.

Oh, and I am so excited! I am renting to own this house my dad has to help him out (it needs minor repairs that he can't do right now, therefore he can't rent it.). It just sits there, since he works and lives out of California. So, I'm going to rent it, fix it so my rent is cheaper and then buy it off him in a year. Early wedding present!! It has 4 bedrooms. 2 baths, laundry room, large back yard, front yard, living room, huge kitchen, and large dining room. I helped him fix it up to begin with so I am soooooo excited to get it!:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Sesshoumaru

Just about anything! You name it, I can cook it. Or I can find a receipe to make it but I havn't used one of those in a while. If I make something a few times, I usually get it memorized. My hubby-to-be's mom sent us home with some of the favorite things that she makes that he likes (she has a snickerdoodle cookie receipe to die for!). So, I can whip up his favorite cookies from time to time. Hey what can I say!? You know I heard a way to a man's heart is through his stomach.... right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Sesshoumaru

Goodness gracious yes. That's how Kelene picked me off! :) She made a wonderful dinner last night for my mother's birthday. Sledgstone, give her a call if you haven't! Kelene will tell you about it later.