Sign in to follow this  
Kelene

Fruits Basket... Hilarious

I have recently started watching 'Fruits Basket', a series that Sledge gave us awhile ago. At first I was iffy on this because Mathias gave me a quick summery of what it was about. There is this family that is cursed. Every time they are hugged by the opposite sex they are transformed into a zodiac animal. A school girl/ acquaintance of theirs finds out their secret and is asked to keep their secret.

There are hilarious times when the girl accidentally runs into them and the guys are transformed. We have met the rat, cat, dog, boar, and rabbit so far. Oh, and when they transform back into their human forms they are naked.

Now this anime is great, only a few curse words, no shown nudity, and it teaches people to respect themselves and others. We even let our kids watch it with us... as much as a 2 and 3 year old watches tv.

I must admit that I am not a huge fan of anime but I really do like this series so far.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The series is great....the manga finally finished up this year twas a nice complete ending :)

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Hey Sledgstone, anyway you or Ladywriter can put together a little Fruits Basket signature featuring Tohru Honda, Kyo Sohma, and Yuki Sohma for my little lady Kelene? Perhaps one of the scenes where they were walking together down the street.

Let me know! You can move this to the signature request page if you want.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

When I joined the board I noticed Sledge's signature (the one he's changed to currently) and fell in love with Shigure at first sight X'D. *cough* Ahem, moving forward, I pm'ed him which anime his signature was from, and that's how I got to watching Fruits Basket. Absolute fun anime, super hilarious, great chemistry between ALL the characters and not just the main characters, and it's just great great great! Your sig brings back the nostalgia, Sledge ... wanna do a re-enactment of Shigure + Ayame's scenes together? X'D Haha those guys cracked me up whenever they shared the same frame. Momiji's uber kawaii song IS a lil infectious ^_^

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

How many episodes are there in this series? I've seen up to episode 18 and I love this series. We have one more DVD that Sledge gave us. And Sledge... by the way if I don't have all of the collection I am going to drive up to NY and get the rest from you. :)

Some of the parts are sad but at the same time funny. Akito is scary and makes me wonder how he became the head of the family. And does the zodiac animals start over in the family once one dies? So is there always going to be a rat, cat, and so on. How does the curse work and why certain Sohmas?

Now I don't want anyone to answer these questions. I'm hoping to finish watching the series and answer these questions on my own. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Sledgstone, anyway you or Ladywriter can put together a little Fruits Basket signature featuring Tohru Honda, Kyo Sohma, and Yuki Sohma for my little lady Kelene? Perhaps one of the scenes where they were walking together down the street.

I'll have to ask her, I hardly make sigs anymore.

How many episodes are there in this series? I've seen up to episode 18 and I love this series. We have one more DVD that Sledge gave us. And Sledge... by the way if I don't have all of the collection I am going to drive up to NY and get the rest from you. :)

Some of the parts are sad but at the same time funny. Akito is scary and makes me wonder how he became the head of the family. And does the zodiac animals start over in the family once one dies? So is there always going to be a rat, cat, and so on. How does the curse work and why certain Sohmas?

Now I don't want anyone to answer these questions. I'm hoping to finish watching the series and answer these questions on my own. :)

Don't worry, you have all the eps. :P Unfortunately, the series has an open ending and they never made a season 2 yet.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga

yeah, its basically japanese comics.

They're usually printed in black and white and released in a collection. Like Shonen Jump comes out once a week in Japan.. Shonen Jump is one of the main companies that prints a variety of manga series. Basically, once a month a large book with the newest chapters hits the shelves and people can get up to date with the latest adventures.. And when enough chapters of a certain series is released, its usually re-released all combined into a volume release (like chapters 1-10 or 11-20).. and people often refer to that as mangas or manga books. And then when a manga gets popular enough, its usually then made into an anime series. I'd probably say a large chunk of anime series are based off of mangas, like fruits basket, naruto, inuyasha, bleach, one piece, etc. etc.. and even tho an anime might end, like fruits basket, berserk or inuyasha, the story itself is still ongoing in comic/manga form. Well, fruits basket ended, but inuyasha and berserk are still ongoing even now, years after the anime ended.

Last time I was at that half price book store with you, they had an entire shelf or two of mangas underneath the comic books.. I'm guessing they don't sell that good there because they looked completely unorganized.

Go to a Waldens, Borders or Barnes and Noble and you'll see entire organized shelves of volumes. And they'll usually have their collectable goods on the shelves or end caps too, like wall scrolls, poster, stuffed animals.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_bgi/102-7615133-6251360?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=fruits+basket&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

http://www.animeniacs.com/index.php?action=catalog&search=fruits+basket

Quick tip tho, because japanese print things from right to left, you'll usually have to read the book that way to.. back of the book to the front, top right panel to the left and then down the page the same way. Check out a manga and you'll see what I'm talking about. ^_^

lady says Kelene can use this one:

fbsig1.jpg

fbsig1.jpg

she made it a while ago but she says to feel free to use it. ^_^

Talking about Fruits Basket makes me wanna re-watch the series X'D, and hungry I might add. Onigiri, anyone?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Thanks for the signature! Kelene loves it!

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Do you take screen shots from the anime on the computer, other websites, or what?

Do you think this's a good deal for it? http://www.animeniacs.com/item/DVD1203.html ... shipping might be high though. I'm thinking of picking up the originals ... cos I realized last night that my version from my download in 2005 hisses on the speakers, ya know that old~ish sound you get on old VHS's kinda sound.

Thats almost the set I have. Mine is a 3 disk version I got from animeniacs. And last I checked the shipping and handling is a flat $6 for all orders.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/GWe80wzmkT-Hkg-W7U/browse/item/76060/4/0/0

The official set is $39 right now and they have funimation coupons on rightstuff occasionally too. Shipping would probably be the same for a single item order.