Sign in to follow this  
Hell_Cat_18

Harry Potter!!!

That's right the new Harry Potter book officially went on sale exactly 50 minutes ago here! I stood in line at Books A Million for two hours waiting to get my copy, but I finally have it! I can't wait to start reading on it, I'm probably not going to sleep tonight lol. I was so much fun talking with everyone about the new book though, and seeing everyone dressed up. I have never heard so many Harry Potter ringtones before lol.

One thing that caught my attention though was that when they gave you the book it was wrapped in a plastic bag, and we were given very strict instructions not to remove the book from the bag until we had exited the store or our book would be cofenscated. I asked one of the sales ladies why they were doing this and she said it was because some moron last release, got his copy, read the last few pages, then screamed at the top of his lungs the very sad ending. He was then set upon by very outraged and rabid fans who beat him so badly he had to be hospitalized. Personally I think the moron deserved it, I mean what did he think people were going to do?

Anyway, I'm going to start reading now!

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

I've had mine since the night it came out...however I'm only like half way through it. -_-;

I just haven't had a lot of time to read, and I won't have any for this rest of the week. *sigh* hopefully I'll get it finished this weekend, it'll give me something to do on the long car ride to Wichita.

I don't want to know the ending, but was it good. Overall, how would you rate the entire series, book, then movies?

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

The ending was wonderful, she really did an amazing job. I just finished it btw like five minutes ago. :happy:

I cried so hard at the end...for like the last three chapters I was bawling my eyes out and now I have tear stains all over my book. It was so good...some of it was sad crying and some of it was happy crying. I'm still kinda teary. I'm so mad at her for killing off some of the characters, but Snape's story is what really got me going. All through the series I was hating him so much, but after hearing the truth, I was so sad that I had. He truely was a good man who had lived a tragic life. Then of course the scene with Dumbledore, omgod I was crying so hard. This was probably one of the greatest books I have ever read.

snape was always one of my favorite characters, but I began doubting him near the end of the 6th book and i almost lost faith in him in the 7th.....then I feel really bad that I had doubted the man :(

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

well i had guessed that Dumbledore had asked Snape to kill him...i thought it was to save Draco, but i got that right.....sucks that he died so quickly though....i expected him to put up a fight.....

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I really liked Snape too. It takes guts to do what he did. I mean, he died without breaking his character. His role was never broken. The Dark Lord never knew what he was, not ever. That takes serious skill. I think it's jokes that he loved Lily, but it kinda makes sense... Why else would he harbour so much malice towards James/Harry?

aomsehri \|/

This post is definitely my greatest contribution to the site.

I'm like in the middle of the third chapter and I've had the book for a few days, can't will myself to keep going at a steady pace. I had to start skimming in the middle of the first chapter so i wouldn't lose interest..... i hope that wasn't important to the story...

Just finished the book myself. Probably the best book I've read in awhile and I liked how it ended. Some of the things I thought would happen after book 6 did, some didn't, some happened that I never would of dreamed, etc. Overall damn good book.

Man she went on a killing spree in this book. I didn't think she'd kill off everyone she did, especially Remus and Tonks (surprised the hell out of me it did). Fred's death was also a shock. To think he'd go down like that and to kill Mad-Eye. I was pissed after he died, I really liked him. In the end I'm happy to see Snape lived up to exactly what I thought. I always knew he was a good man that had a tragic life. Sadly his death was rather graphic/demeaning.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I know, I can't belive she killed so many, but you know it was Lupin, Tonks and Snape that really got me. Yeah I was sad when Dumbledore died, and I was sad to see Fred, Mad-Eye and the others go, but I never cried over them. I really let it all go when Lupin, Tonks, and Snape died. I agree with you about Snape though...god, that man was amazing, like you said, never broke his character even in the face of death, never let the secret out.

Actually. . . I found myself crying less with certain deaths, knowing that some would be happier at certain times or otherwise too distracted to feel any pain. I think all but two were really justified. Excellent, excellent story, epilogue could've used a bit of work, and remember RPer, whatever she wrote IS canon.

I cried hardest when Harry was burying Dobby, and then again when he was walking through the forest with his family towards the spider's den. NOOOO NOT HEDWIG!! ;_; You think she's going to be okay when Harry catches her at the last second and is blasted the next!!!! It was terrible!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

I almost ruined it for a girl I know, and because I keep referring him as 'Gary' i.e. Gay-Harry, whenever she wants to say Harry Potter, she calls him Gary instead. I think it's time I read the first book seriously and go through the series. I'm not a fan of the movies at all.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Well, the first books are written for a younger crowd, but they get better as they go along. But you have do deal with whiney emo-Harry in the fith one. *rolls eyes*

I talked to my mom yesterday. She was actually at the store buying it because she didn't want to wait till she comes down in September to borrow my copy like she did the rest. XD

acsig2016.jpg

some women read 604 pages in less then 50 minutes ;p

how can anyone enjoy reading 70 words a second.

personally ive only read 1 book cover to cover in my life. ;pand no it is not ol HP ;p

i liked the 4th movie

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Because I read anything fast. I learned to read when I was about 3 or so, and I tend to gain the meaning of a book a sentance at a time rather than a word at a time. I had one of my teachers in 3d grade didn't believe me when I had finished the assigned reading much faster than everyone else. She quized me several times until she figured out that yes, I do comprehend the written word that fast. Though, I do sometimes miss small details, which is one reason I like to re-read things, but that's little stuff like hair color or something.

Sorry, off-topic there. ^_^; Hey, I'm an admin, I can go offtopic now and then if I want to. XD

acsig2016.jpg