Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Stan Lee's Harpies

I'm watching this on Scifi right now and wow, what a rip of Army of Darkness. Stephen Baldwin plays a security guard that gets warped thru time and becomes the "chosen one foretold of in the legends" aka harpy slayer of some renaissance village. Everyone was attacking the harpies with swords and out of nowhere he pulls out his shotgun and hand gun, blows away some harpies and then says a one-liner.. and just now he hits on some girl and asks her to sleep with him, and when hes denied he says another one-liner with a smile on his face :rolleyes: anyone else watching this b-movie?

hehe, gotta love the Gaara eyeliner on the harpies. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Thought about and decided no. Tell me how horribly, I mean, na I really do mean horribly it ends. :P

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

It was pretty bad, but I do have to say it was entertaining tho. :P

I wish some of these movies would get a better budget for their special effects. this movie was lacking even the simpliest effects and substituted spear impalements with obvious spear under the armpit moves. -_- and like most sci-fi b-movies there always has to be some long range attack weapon because they can't afford cg effects in an actual battle between people and cg characters. just like in grendel with the fire explosive crossbow thing. eh, overall the movie was decent for a sci-fi flick, but if it re-airs I'll probably play my Army of Darkness dvd instead.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Army of Darkness, ah the memories. "That was my Boomstick." The Harpy movie just seemed like a bad rehash of the cult classic Evil Dead series without the thread of a plot. "Shop smart, shop S-Mart."

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Not much can be as great as Army of darkness was with it's one liners, awesome smart ass hero, and Boom stick. though im tempted to see how silly this harpies movie is lol. i cringe everytime i see a Sci-fi movie advertised. the one time i didn't, was for Man-thing, and even then i was severly worried about what they had done to the movie. never saw it though like most sci-fi made movies lol

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour