Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Series Finale

I was a bit disappointed with the final episode. :\ Out of the blue they get all the asgard technology... and what do they do with it? they rehashed the replicator time distortion field stuff we haven't seen since 2 or three seasons ago to give us one of those endings that isn't an ending. -_- I wonder if they'll even bother with all the open-ended Ori arc when they make the new Stargate movie, or if they'll focus it more on Atlantis.. I honestly thought they were going to blow up their asgard upgraded ship to escape and screw humanity out of all the new technology, but they didn't. which makes me now wonder if they did all this just to give all the asgard tech to the Atlantis show? What do you think?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I was greatly disappointed in the Finale. I was expecting more. I mean did they beat the Ori, was the Asgard Tech actually going to be used, etc. I mean come on, where's the freaking closure. I seriously knew they'd fuck something up (ever since the Ori arc started up I knew things were going downhill). The new movie better bring some damn closure with Ori arc because where it is now we're left wanting more.

Also I doubt any of the Asgard tech will be used in Atlantis considering that the Atlantis crew is in a pretty sticky situation right now and the fact that they are sitting in one of the most advanced ships in we've ever seen I doubt they'll need it (plus Atlantis just keeps going downhill, if I remember correctly the Ancients were technologically superior to the Asgard). Plus the fact that it'll take the SGC a few years to reverse engineer the Asgard tech to be used in there current tech level. I must say I'm happy Amanda signed on for Atlantis now though (should hopefully make the show more interesting to watch).

Man they killed the Asgard. I have lost all faith in anything they can produce with in the Stargate franchise now. I mean the Asgard were the best part of the show outside of Jack. I was seriously sad when I saw them blow the planet up. I'm really going to miss Thor

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

yes! and it looks like Sam will be taking Shepard's spot as the main team commander. :happy: btw, did you notice they left a hint at Wier's depature in that episode? at one point she said: "After this is over, I might have to reconsider my position here and resign." or something like that. Honestly I'd love to see her, Tela and Ronin get killed off from the series.

What killed me during the episode is when they had a bunch of interesting plot lines being discussed, Tela and Ronin miraculously showed up in the scene and the camera showed them up close a couple times while they were listening.. but of course they had no lines because their characters have nothing to contribute to the show's plot. and on top of it, they now left the planet they were on, and if thats the case, then that means they left all of Teyla's people in their villages on that same planet.. but she doesn't even mention them anymore or the fact that they left them behind on the planet with no stargate to continue their trading with other settlements.. unless they aren't even living there anymore to begin with.. I lost track. either way, her position as an ambassador to all the villages in their region of space is a complete joke now.

The asgard being dead really pisses me off. They were an amazing source of new plot twists and every episode they were ever in was amazing! for them to just call up the SGC tell them to meet them, upgrade just a single ship and them blow themselves up seems like such a f*ckin waste and horribly planned. To me, it even degraded the intelligence of the asgard by having events fold out like that. and you're right, what do they have left for the franchise now? theres no more super powers except for the Ori and aside from the Wraith theres no major alien species left in the entire stargate franchise.

have you watched any of the stargate marathons they've been airing this past week? we've been watching so many of the older episodes with Jack in them I was pissed off that he wasn't in the final episode!

I watched the marathons here and there between anime watching and WoW gameplay. I must say watching the episodes from the first 8 seasons really made me miss Jack. He seriously was the only thing that kept the show interesting (outside of T-man and Carter's techno bable). I'm just pissed I missed the Groundhog Day episode last night (was watching anime and caught the last 10 minutes of it), thats like my favorite SG-1 episode. Seriously though they should of brought Dean in to bring Jack back for the last episode. Jack practically made the show what it was so not to have him in the last episode was and atrocity.

You know I really am hoping they write Wier out of Atlantis. I didn't mind her in the first season but she got really annoying in the last couple. Oddly enough, and I might get lynched for this, I like Ronin's character. True he doesn't add much to the plot nor is he that interesting of a character but I just like him for some reason. Tela can be killed off for all I'm concerned. She hasn't added a damn thing to the plot since the show started.

Well it didn't exactly degrade the Asgard's intelligence by a lot, I mean it was mentioned earlier in the series that they basically killed their chances for surviving years before meeting Jack and the crew but this disease they wrote into the last episode just seems to make it sound like they weren't as smart as we thought they were. Plus to outright give their tech to the SGC like that was not like the Asgard, no matter how much Thor tried to convince us in the last episode. You'd of thought they'd of handed the tech over to the Nox to later hand down to the SGC (seeing as how the Nox were one of the 4 original races of the Alliance). They seriously left to many questions in the last episode to really satisfy us.

I suppose if they really wanted to milk out the franchise they could milk the whole Ancient Replicators story along with the Wraith. It's about the only thing they got going for them now outside of the unfinished Ori arc. I suppose there is also the Genai too but they're not really an overpowered super race so they can't exactly be taken as a threat since they don't even have space ships. If push comes to shove I'm sure they'll either create a new enemy threat, they'll find some obscure sect of our old snake friends (I'm not going to even try and spell it) that they missed when they ousted the others, or they'll just fuck something up in Atlantis and kill what little respect we have left for the franchise with it.

After watching the last so many eps again.. I can see how they could keep Ronin as the brute on the team. he did shoot up those modified wraith exoskeleton creature things pretty good. and he does make sense to be on atlantis seeing as he has no other home to go to.. where as tela is just there for no real reason. and they always show her practicing fighting, but I've never seen her kick a wraiths ass. and every time she says, "I feel a wraith presence near by, I'd be pointing my gun at her.. friggin liability that she is. *bwahaha, it feels good to bash tela* :lol:

Well it didn't exactly degrade the Asgard's intelligence by a lot, I mean it was mentioned earlier in the series that they basically killed their chances for surviving years before meeting Jack and the crew but this disease they wrote into the last episode just seems to make it sound like they weren't as smart as we thought they were. Plus to outright give their tech to the SGC like that was not like the Asgard, no matter how much Thor tried to convince us in the last episode. You'd of thought they'd of handed the tech over to the Nox to later hand down to the SGC (seeing as how the Nox were one of the 4 original races of the Alliance). They seriously left to many questions in the last episode to really satisfy us.

I agree that they left questions, but they are makeing two movies to end the Stargate SG1 series.

Eh, even with two films coming out I bet they don't end SG1. They won't definitely end something unless they're sure the franchise can't bring in any more money and SG1 is still a money making series.

Seriously the questions they left when the ended the series probably won't be answered in the movies (or mine anyways. My questions and confusion come from the sudden turn around with the Asgard. Theres a lot that needs to be answered before I fully come to terms with this ending).

Sledge we need to make a Tela bashing topic because I'm sure everyone who has seen Atlantis would just love to mock her

Down with the civilian main characters! Well, except Rodney, at least his ego makes me laugh. There should be a lot of play between Rodney and Carter to make it interesting.

Why the hell did the drop Dr. Beck? He was one of the better characters, though they sent him on way too many away missions.

Drop Shepard! I never liked his character. He was supposed to mimic the successful portrayal of Jack as a military man who played down his intelligence to gain an advantage over others. Instead, Shepard comes off as an irresponsible kid who makes horrible decisions.

Tela lost her purpose once her colony left Atlantis. How the hell does a newbie with no training in ANY Earth organization suddenly be given a higher status than trained Terrans in less than a couple months, let alone years? Especially, once her colony leaves?

Ronin is just a brute with a nice gun and military training. Come on, he should at least suit up like he's joined up.

This all sucks. I'll b*tch more later.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Sign in to follow this