Strider Hiryu

New Gundam Announced for 2007

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-06-02/mobile-suit-gundam-00-tv-series-announced-for-october

Theres the article. Said to be set in our current calender system (2307 AD). Set to start showing in October.

Must say I'm happy to see a new Gundam coming out but disappointed to see it's yet another AU series and yet again focuses on more then one Gundam (4 Gundams this time). I was really hoping for another trip back into the UC timeline (or to at least get another Tomino style Gundam) with another side story but I'll give this one a shot, kinda interested with it being set in our Calender. Hopefully it'll prove to be better then the atrocity known as the SEED franchise.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

an illiterate wino could write somethin better then seed

oooh I hope it will be good :happy:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I don't think we'll ever get another UC anime, everything now is Wing and SEED related.

Sadly I think you're right Eva. With MS IGLOO being the latest jaunt down the old UC trend I doubt we'll see anything else out of it.

I guess Sunrise really is coping out with the AU Gundam series since they want to profit more off of models then the show (which it's well known that Gundam models sell better then the grunt suits, hence the Wing/SEED based formula for this).

GRX don't even get me started with whats wrong with SEED. It started out on a good premise but after episode 5 it took a turn for the worst and then they decided to continue that with Destiny. I'll never understand how Sunrise even let that show see the light of day or how the Director (his name escapes me at the moment) was allowed to create this drivel.

hmmm.. new gundam series. :tup: If I'm lucky It'll be the first time I'll be able to stay current with a gundam series.
Off Topic:

Same here! Well technically I was current with Seed Destiny till episode 16 or so and it got very boring and just fell alongside my list of stall-downloads. Right now I'm downloading Seed and Seed Destiny for the heck of watching all Gundam series, and I'm going to begin my Gundam marathons for Zeta and Wing :happy: *coughafterBleachcough*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Main characters and Gundams have been announced:

Bandai revealed all four of the Gundam Meister pilots and their Gundam mobile suit robots in this October's Mobile Suit Gundam 00 science fiction series on June 14. The event at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel's Club eX in Tokyo also had basketball-player-sized statues of the four Gundams and prototypes of the upcoming plastic models. Bandai president Kazunori Ueno said that the animated characters will appeal "not only to the female fans acquired by the last series, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny, but also the male fans who like a hard [science-fiction] worldview."

The main lead is Setsuna F. Seiei, a 16-year-old from the Middle East's Kurdis Republic (an apparent wordplay on the Kurds) who keeps his thoughts hidden beneath a cool exterior. He pilots the GN-001 Gundam Exia, a mobile suit that owes its extraordinary maneuverability, stealthiness to conventional radar, and close-combat deadliness to the revolutionary GN drive and seven swords.

Setsuna's team leader is 24-year-old Lockon Stratos, who joined the Solestal Being private military organization because he lost his family due to terrorists. He pilots the GN-002 Gundam Dynames, which is reconfigurable per mission with a variety of guns (including a standard GN sniper rifle).

Allelujah Paptism (an apparent wordplay on baptism) is a seemingly calm, benign 19-year-old who grew up as an orphan in the Humanity Reform League, the league centering around China, Russia, and India, before joining Solestal Being. He pilots GN-003 Gundam Kyrios, the team's only fully transformable Gundam—it has a flight mode with reconfigurable weapon modules.

The final Gundam Meister pilot on the team is Tieria Arde, a bishōnen whose birthplace, nationality, and age are wrapped in mystery. Tieria pilots the GN-005 Gundam Virtue, the most heavily armed and armored Gundam of the four known ones. Its weapons include the GN Bazooka and GN Cannon, and its defenses include the GN Field barrier.

To promote the series and the franchise, Tokyo's Ikebukuro Sunshine City shopping complex will hold GunPla [Gundam Plastic Model] Expo Tokyo during August 11-16. The first episode will have advance previews via a screening caravan that will tour 28 locations in Japan in September.

For pictures and what not head to ANN and read the announcement/article.

Article has the scoop. The Gundams look rather interesting this time around but again we have pretty boy pilots by the looks of it (and some with bad pasts).

Wow.....this sounds like its going to have a more interesting back story then the past shows. But then again I could be wrong and this could turn out to be a flopping mess.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Bandai president Kazunori Ueno said that the animated characters will appeal "not only to the female fans acquired by the last series, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny, but also the male fans who like a hard [science-fiction] worldview."
Interesting.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Yea, I found that interesting also. Really don't know how to take it but I'm still disappointed that the Gundam formula has come down to pretty boy pilots just so they can snag female viewers.

I only hope the storyline is good and the characters prove to have interesting personalities. If they don't I might have to swear off of all new Gundams to come in the future.

There hasn't been any real talk or rumors spreading (I've been paying attention because I'm curious also). I'm hoping Hero Legends picks it up if they're still around. They're subs for Gundam X and Turn-A Gundam are extremely well done and I doubt many groups can match their quality.

*resurrecting a somewhat old topic*

New news has surfaced on the show. Nothing really grand but it's been confirmed the series will have 2 seasons with the first 25 episodes being the whole of the first season (which starts in October as we all know).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-09-01/gundam-00-previewed-before-15-000-in-28-japanese-areas, link to the article on ANN.