Sign in to follow this  
D_Marx

So I'm in Canada

There's this five-week intensive French study I'm attending right now at Laval University and I'm having a blast. My French is improving but my friends like speaking in English. I can see how it's tiring to try to speak it every day, but I need a reminder of what I'm doing in the long run. I've told them this but they brush it off.

I'm the only Nebraskan, there're people from Chicago, New Orleans, Alaska, Missouri, and a couple others, but the rest are residents of Canada.

I didn't get my main luggage for three days. Air Canada is paying for $100 of my stuff that I send a receipt for.

I've got internet in my room finally, which is a big relief because I have people I want to talk to, and I even started writing again!! :D at the discotheque. with alcohol in my system. It's not bad, to tell the truth, will post some when I finish the idea. ^_^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

Wow, sounds like you're gonna have a blast over there! Well, do take lotsa pictures and try to meet up with that goof-ball - GRX X'D

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Parlais vous Francais? Mais non. J'adore du fromage.

I can speak a little more, but that's stretching my limits, sorry. I bow to your excellence in speaking languages. :notworth:

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

J'parle p'tete pas l'francais but j'peut parler shiac come chuqu'un qui set quoi s'qui fait. C'et right pas come le monde pense. C'et plus hard que ca semble.

Anyways, good luck with the French. It's a harder language then English.

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

French is sooo sexy, no matter what u are saying...LOL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Hooray, sounds like loads of fun, and educational!

wonder if your writing is helped by the alcohol any. seemed things like that(and worse!) helped Edgar Allen Poe, and he was da bomb!

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

I hope you enjoy it!

My last trip to Canada was so interisting I never went back....car accident, bologna fight, drunken hockey players really pissed off.....

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Je pense le langue français est très beau.

It's stressful up here, that's for damn sure. I've been trying to mellow out, but all I want to do is sit down outside and do nothing one morning. I wake up, have class at 8:30a.m., exit class at 12:30 and end up taking a nap from exhaustion. The jet lag might actually be wearing off finally. I've been fighting that since I got here.

I'm starting to listen to the language naturally, and slowly transforming my language to suit them. I still get nervous around teachers, though Marie-Andrèe is making things really easy. I failed my second vocab test--she keeps on trying to make me listen to a description and make a word out of what she says, and everyone else does a great job. I just can't seem to do it.

Oh well, it's a vocab quiz. I know most of the words, and that I tried is something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

Sign in to follow this