Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

Jade Warrior anyone?

I was looking for something new to watch and I came across Seven Swords and Jade warrior. Jade Warrior looks good and seems like it has a nice story line. I figured id ask if anyone has seen it first so I can get some input on if I should bother watching it right now or later.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

it came out in 2006 its only in Finnish (Finland) but you can get the subbed version either by downloading or buying for like $10 on ebay.

You can watch allot of clips on youtube thats why im wondering id I should watch it or not.

sig.php

Well I decided to watch it even though no one seemed to have any input on it. It was actually really really sad.

The whole story is about a guy that loves a town elders daughter and is promised to be married to her. He tells the elder he will go kill a demon to save the town since only he can do it. He cuts the demons head off and realizes he cant kill it so he carry's the head with him back to the village. Then he finds out his armor servant and best friend was already promised to be married to the head villagers daughter (theirs a whole back story that I cant give away). So he puts the demon's head in a metallic box called the Sampo in order to gain immortality through reincarnation in order to try and win the head villagers daughter back in another time and place. Apparently every time he comes back shes always in love with another guy or just stops loving him even though she did have feelings for him in all time periods.

Anyway at the end he finally figures out the only way to make everyone happy is to just kill the demon in the box and die with it.

the whole ending is fast and somewhat confusing but from what I can gather the main character (kai) kills himself and sends the sempo off with the head villagers wolf to the far off north so no person can ever get the box and possibly release the demon. But the Daughter and Kai's best friend vow to get it back when the time is right and protect it (berry it with them). Well of course this is not the best of ideas since Kai did not want it in human hands so in present day archaeologists find the bodys of Kai's friend and the villagers daughter and one holding the sempo box. They know what it is but can't open it without Kai or a decedent of Kai's. Since Kai keeps being reincarnated hes alive but he doesn't know his past self. So the present day the Kai is going though a hard time since his g/f is leaving (shes the reincarnation of the head villagers daughter). She brings some of his belongings to a place called the Sampo that happends to be owned by the archaeologists that found the Sampo box. They think nothing of her but when one of them accidentally finds out the the hair and nails of the present day kai makes the box change he has to find out whats inside....Then the story gets interesting hehe I wont give any more away.

Its really a mix of past and current times with finnish and chinese myths. Its nicely done and worth checking out if your into real life folklore. It's gotten allot of bad reviews but I think it was really well done. Its really more of a mystery movie then action packed. If you watch it you will be anticipating what happens next that sheds some light on the story.

I give it 5 out of 10

sig.php

ya you probably wont like it if your into action. Now that I look back at it I cant think of one time when there was an battle (the fight with the girl doesn't count since it was more of a love dance XD). It was more like a story telling in visual with loads of flash backs. I liked it simply because of some of the CGI they used and I'm into history.

PS. I liked it a bit more then seven swords.

sig.php