Sign in to follow this  
COBRA

under rated games?

In you're oppion what is the best game, you have played, that just hasen't been that populare, as it should have been?

for me(cobra 1) it would have to the Legacy of Kain series, it was so-so populare, but not as much as it deserved! it's a good game! i suggest you pick it up for about 10 bucks somewhere and feel the power :P

for all of us, we all agree, it has to be Bushido blade(particularly number 2) too many people seem to like the idea of swords can cut major arteries, and live only to be cut even more. thats all well and good. but more people seemed to be annoyed that you could loose in one strike. that was the best part of the game! you could have those classic samurai showdowns, and run through you're oppoent like he/she was butter! and if you were good, you could have 10 minuet fights, with one arm, one leg, and all you're throwing weapons, just laying around, and tree's choped to hell.

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

Skies of Arcadia, for either the Dreamcast or Gamecube. This is probably one of the most overlooked rpg games. It is such a good RPG. The characters, plot, battle system. I bet if it came out for the PS2 it would have been a greatest hits game for years now.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Skies of Arcadia, for either the Dreamcast or Gamecube. This is probably one of the most overlooked rpg games. It is such a good RPG. The characters, plot, battle system. I bet if it came out for the PS2 it would have been a greatest hits game for years now.

I think in the gaming community, especially after SoAL came out for the Gamecube, it gained a lot of popularity. So it finally got what it deserved after many years.

I think Star Ocean: The Second Story deserves more love. It's one of the most beautiful games on the PSX, musically and graphically. The story is huge and engrossing, and you can get it from two different viewpoints--plus, having to choose which characters join you (for real, unlike most games where if you say "No" they still join anyway) and all the item creation and relationship alterations give you an overwhelming number of options and things to do. And it's an action RPG to top it off--what more could you ask for?

Tellah2.jpg

I think Star Ocean: The Second Story deserves more love. It's one of the most beautiful games on the PSX, musically and graphically. The story is huge and engrossing, and you can get it from two different viewpoints--plus, having to choose which characters join you (for real, unlike most games where if you say "No" they still join anyway) and all the item creation and relationship alterations give you an overwhelming number of options and things to do. And it's an action RPG to top it off--what more could you ask for?

Saiel took the words right out of my mouth. To this day Star Ocean: The Second Story is one of my favorite RPGs, it really does deserve more love.

I'd like to also put in a word for the Suikoden series. Besides it's cult following it's relatively unknown to most gamers (though with the last two games I've noticed an influx in new fans) and under appreciated by those who have played it and said it wasn't that great. The complex tactical battles (ala RTS games, best part of the game), 107 character that can be recruited into the team, learning how to effectively level all you're characters evenly and choosing the best ones to do certain fights/encounters, and building up you're own little town/castle/etc. are some of the most interesting and best things I've seen implemented into an RPG series in a long time. I could keep going on about this game but I'll stop, I seriously think all self respecting RPG fans should give this series a go (I'm not saying you'll like it, Suikoden isn't for everyone sadly, but it'd be nice for you to experience things that other RPGs don't add in).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

The Mark Of KRI for PS2 (thanks Cobra for finding that for me again!) I love this game. I like the fact that you have the crow's vision so that you can use to shoot arrows at enemys. Freaking awesome!

Always been a fan of Link, but he's so popular so he dosn't count. Um..what else.. Rayman is fun.

Oh, I have to say there was this one game for N64 that was pretty popular for a while..you could battle mario vs link or jiggly puff etc...It was stolen from me so I can't remember what it was called.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

The Mark Of KRI for PS2 (thanks Cobra for finding that for me again!) I love this game. I like the fact that you have the crow's vision so that you can use to shoot arrows at enemys. Freaking awesome!

Always been a fan of Link, but he's so popular so he dosn't count. Um..what else.. Rayman is fun.

Oh, I have to say there was this one game for N64 that was pretty popular for a while..you could battle mario vs link or jiggly puff etc...It was stolen from me so I can't remember what it was called.

Super Smash Brothers! there's one for the Gamecube, and the wii(soon) it's pretty popular actually. Solid Snake from Metal gear is in the new wii version

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

Super Smash Brothers! there's one for the Gamecube, and the wii(soon) it's pretty popular actually. Solid Snake from Metal gear is in the new wii version

if snakes on that game, they should have to make a ps2 version of it. snake= owner

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50

if snakes on that game, they should have to make a ps2 version of it. snake= owner

Yep, you can see a trailer with him in it. hideing in a box. lol

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

oh to add to this.

final fantasy tactics.

i got into a huge arguement with alot of my friends who never palyed, becuase it wasnt a numbered. i was like WTF?! so it turn based, whoop di do. its a kick ass game with great skills, and the best storyline evar.

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50

Ico anyone? :(

you might have won there lol. i never played that game. there was like, a

little bitty tinsy winsy
need to play that game, but never heard much on it, probably cause it was under rated. ^_^;

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

Ico, Ikaruga, SHENMUE, F.D. 18, and the Panzer Dragoon Series. (Why did Orta have to be on XBox, WHY??!!!!!!)

All of those games are gems, and didn't get nearly enough attention as they deserve. Oh yeah, REZ is another one!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

a tiny bit, but, the original smash brothers, was great, i think it got pretty big, after it's inital release, cause most people who see a free for all between such big characters tend to get weary. other then that it's hugely populare now.

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg