Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

My dad the Raccoon expert

Well we have recently encountered a raccoon family in our house that makes noise and whatnot. They have been there for about 3 months now and my dad goes on the Internet and finds a few sites that suggests all these ways to remove them. Some suggest live trapping others say smoke them out and block off the entrances to their house and continue this for a few months, another site suggest calling a local fish and game place, then theirs like 30 or so other random ideas that people have suggested. Of course my dad, the expert about everything that he is, says we will put a radio in the room closes to where they are and blare the music as loud as possible. Now at first I didnt mind since I dont have to listen to the music but then tonight my dad comes into my computer room and goes we will be keeping the radio on all night....so im like "dad that room is right between yours and mine we are not going to get any sleep". Of course hes drunk so hes speaking random stuff like "All the sites tell me to do this", "This is my house you should be happy im letting you live here", "I know what im doing"!

Now I thought he would have figured out that Raccoons play at night and sleep in the day time. I mean after all we did take care of baby raccoons for 2 years when I was 12. But of course he acts like a dumb ass drunk and has to do things that will only effect us. So wile the raccoons are out playing and eating at night we will be the ones listing to his fucken Greenday cd running 24/7 for months. Hes drunk so of course he just passes out and wont notice the music tonight. I'm the one thats going to have to deal with it tonight. I think I'm going to sleep by my computer....I cant stand greenday or any music at this point now.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I think ya might wanna point out that they're nocternal

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

LOL. Raccoons are a pain. Why don't he suck it up and admit he needs to call the professionals. They'll trap and remove them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Are they in the attic? Where are they in the house, deepending on where they deepend if you can do a do it yourself job and shot them, unless you're not the hunting type or haven't shot anything and afraid of damages to stuff.

theirs a whole family of them and their between the walls of two rooms so its not like we can catch them or anything. :( another night of music....I haven't had sleep for 2 days I hope I pass out soon.

sig.php

find a number to some company that can trap and remove them. when theyre gone, shove that in your dads face and make him put away the music. then tell him you know what youre doing >_>

or maybe just leave the last part out =3

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

I passed out last night so I got a good night sleep :P

My dad doesn't want people coming to take them out. Its allot of money and its something we both don't care to spend. Im hopping in a day he will figure out that music is not working and will end up going with smoke bombs

sig.php

they make those high frequency sound devices to chase off vermin. might work better then greenday

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

they make those high frequency sound devices to chase off vermin. might work better then greenday

Do they work though? Greenday is scaring me away from my own house.

lol my friend came over today and hes like "hey whats that sound?" and im like what sound? and hes like humming the song and im like oh shit NOOOOO and hes like "is that greenday? Is your house singing greenday or somthing".

I just laughed.

I dad put flower where they keep getting out so we can see if their still there. If they are he said hes just going to call someone or smoke them out this weekend.

sig.php

Today was the day! I was trying to sleep but since the baby raccoons make so much noise I couldn't fully sleep. Then I feel some rubbing on my leg and I think its my dog so I'm sitting their half asleep rubbing my foot on this tail that looks like my dogs. Then I look down and I see the momma Raccoon with one of her babies on the ground looking at me. I was like holy shit and ran out of my room.

I guess because of the heat the babies couldn't take it anymore so they where all crying. And since they are between two walls in my house the momma cant get to all the babies. So she took the only one she could get and snuck into our house through an open door and started trying to find ways to get the others.

She ended up leaving the house but the baby she brought was still there so we moved it, with some gloves, into my old tree house where she can see him and easily move in their and not our house again. Now shes on our roof trying to call the other 2 or 3 babies out from a small hole. The heat is so bad though so the momma like passed out.

Hopefully tonight or tomorrow she can get the others. My dad was like cutting holes in the wall to try and get the babies out but they all seem to be sleeping now since its late afternoon.

sig.php

Well after a few hours it seems the babies have woken up. Both managed to find their way to the hole where the momma was but then for some reason one ended up deciding he wanted to go back a different way and ended up in our cellar. So one made it on the roof where the momma was in the afternoon and the other, we had to carry out to the tree house with gloves.

Hopefully the momma can move into the tree house and not our house this time. We will check on them tomorrow to see if the momma took them somewhere or not.

sig.php

heres some pics of the momma raccoon and one of her babies.

Momma raccoon coming down from my room after scaring the fuck out of me when I was sleeping.

l_3780bd2356a17a7e0f4436af49a20185.jpg

Momma raccoon trying to call her babies out from the hole in the side of our house.

l_94eac3bf267e72b2e874311f41c3ed6b.jpg

One of the babies momma left in my room after scaring the shit out of me. My dad is holding it.

l_dfd02df78e8a28af923601c4942fa27e.jpg

Close up of momma pooped out.

l_9ec1e4e8cd038e6b2bc8a4f65e7e7084.jpg

sig.php

they all moved back into our damn house even though we put them in a box by the tree house. It looks like we are going to have to catch them all and the momma and move them to a different state since they don't seem to want to leave our house. The babies are getting big and starting to smell up the place :(.

sig.php

I'm surprised they didn't attack when momma and baby were in your room. Raccoons can be really mean,and pack a mean little bite. Maybe they like you and your family, so that's why they stick around. Do you have dogs or cats? My pitbull would have gobbled them up..poor things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

well, when they where in my room and I noticed them, I ran out and shut my door. The momma knocked over allot of things in my room so I'm assuming if I didn't shut the door or run she would have looked at me and attacked or at the very least growled or scratch since I was close to her and her baby.

Yes I have a dog and a cat. We keep them away from the raccoons as much as possible.

sig.php

Of course hes drunk so hes speaking random stuff like "All the sites tell me to do this", "This is my house you should be happy im letting you live here", "I know what im doing"!

Now I thought he would have figured out that Raccoons play at night and sleep in the day time...

Hes drunk so of course he just passes out and wont notice the music tonight. I'm the one thats going to have to deal with it tonight.

I'm sorry but... LMAO! Your Dad is awesome :D.

R.I.P. CPL A.Q.

R.I.P. SPC D.M.

R.I.P. SGT C.K. III

Gone but NEVER forgotten!

rofl Momma is back. Looks like we have to douse the side of the house with ammonia again before she ripes another hole.

I was sitting at my computer when I saw her stick her head up to the glass and just stair at me for 10 mins lol. I was like O.o *shakes head* "oooohhh you didn't!"

sig.php

The little ones where taken out of the house by the momma raccoon after we poured ammonia on the side of the house they where on. We also nailed some wood over the hole so they cant get back into the house. So far it seems to have worked. The momma raccoon came back one night to try and get in but she had no luck. Anytime we hear somthing that sounds like they breached our house, we pour more ammonia. It seems to be keeping away all wild life from that side of the house so thats a plus. Yay for ammonia.

sig.php

Sign in to follow this