Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Garden outta control II

time for a new one of these, it aint like the gardens are getting any smaller -_-;

I've been a busy bee. Spring is poppin up all over the place. The shade bed is about 1/3 done

gratuitous spring photo

spring.jpg

I got the stabby things done out back, my hands are all scratched up and I pulled prickers outta my hand w/ twesers but

The berries black and golden are 'contained' together

stabbythings.jpg

and I moved the damn spite cactus. it just wont godamn die

spitecactus.jpg

While clearing around my baby lilac I found a heather I planted there last year and forgot all about ^_^;

lh_2.jpg

I moved foxglove back to the eng garden hoping it would seed itself some. Be careful what you wish for. About every seed that dropped is now a plant >.<

fgr.jpg

Sledgers finally got his pear tree. We tied bells on it to keep the friggin dear off of it

peartree.jpg

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

aww cute...pears....the same shape as Sledge :)

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Its hard to believe thats the golden raspberry.. I know it must have grown some over the winter but I don't remember it being that friggin huge. O_O;

and holy crap! the amount of foxglove seedlings is insane! O_O you should chuck a crapload of them into the woods to see if you can start an entire patch of wild foxgloves in there.

X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

and holy crap! the amount of foxglove seedlings is insane! O_O you should chuck a crapload of them into the woods to see if you can start an entire patch of wild foxgloves in there

I can't stop it from seeding the woods even if I wanted too, its too late. Several plants at the edge of the woods flowered last year.

X'D

X'D

X'D X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Hahaha Epples X'D

Great stuff Lady ... I really can't wait to see how they'd look about a month from now. Keep us posted :).

Any plans for some experimenting ... cross-cropping or what's the term ... ya know 'take this and take that, put em together and you get different colored flowers'!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I have totally cross cropped before. I never had much success. I planted black Iris bulbs one year, 3 years ago. Spent a whole bunch of money and was all excited. They never grew! It's been 2 years since I had moved out of the house. I came by to help move a VW bus last spring, and there they were. I hope the new renters liked my choice of bulbs since they never bloomed for me. LOL.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

kittie w a drug problem I think the nip is gonna die >.<

P1020779.jpg

first mow (of course by hand cuz my cub is fucked up again)

P1020787.jpg

good to be out in the sunshine even if I look like a sweaty slob X'D

workinoutside.jpg

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The cat looks koowaaaiii o_0 ... nice lawn! Looking at the forest in the background, there's a lotta dry leaves ... does that give you a problem or pose a threat for small-time fires and such? Has it happened in your area before?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Shade garden filling in

P1020907.jpg

P1020845.jpg

P1020842.jpg

Pear tree and blueberries

P1020887.jpg

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

been busy as a bee Muttly usually kills these guys ...

P1020953.jpg

moved his hens n chicks colonies

P1020965.jpg

P1020966.jpg

started throwing down mulch out back ...

P1020963.jpg

got the bonfire pit cleaned out. whoopee.

P1020955.jpg

set up a nice spot under one of the big maple trees. I call that spot Kenny Hill cuz my dad will go and sit there whenever I have a chair there

P1020996.jpg

shameless cuteness

P1020951.jpg

yeah, tan lines on the feet

P1020945.jpg

Sum big trees

P1020993.jpg

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

WOW! you have the coolest back yard! It's all big! I see you are next to a grave yard...anything spooky walk into your yard late at night?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

That looks awesome Lady ... man, so awesome. I feel like rolling all around and about your entire backyard and swimming in the grass. Are those Silver Oak trees? They look awfully familiar ... I have them in my front-yard back home on the cottage property. The 'steps' look cool too ... hehe Precious!

Quality of the pictures o_0 ... how much is your camera resolution, mega pixel-wise?

umm... I'd have to get off my ass to check X'D

I shrunk all the pics down to 800w, the camera takes awesome pics :)

its mostly maple hawthorn mulberry lilac and walnut that circle the yard. the giant tree in the last pic is a norweigen spruce and there are some different pines around.

I looooove livin next to the cemetary. Dead neighbors dont complain, make noise or stare at when ya mow the lawn X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

m'kay here we go...

The bonfire pit area. I still have some work to do in this section of the yard.

P1040951.jpg

Ditto at the garden entrance.

P1040795.jpg

The sit n chill spot

P1040791.jpg

Sledgers n his grape plant

P1040822.jpg

the back bed is almost done

P1040941.jpg

weeded around the spite cactus

P1040926.jpg

Big bed plant explosion. Hollyhocks and blackberries in the back, black eyes susan and sweet pea everywhere and of course more foxglove

P1040946.jpg

I'm standing 1/2 way on the path at the gardeners entrance. as you can see the plants have overgrown the path making it tiff to get through there w/o squishing something

P1040861.jpg

the sweaty gardner. this pic is so neat it looks 3dish. the background looks fake but its my garden!

P1040862.jpg

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Your yard is wonderful!!! How much time have you put into it this summer so far? Your garden area is awesome, I wish I had the time to devote to my garden. Mom gives us so many flowers/plants and I feel bad when some of the die because I have no time or place to put things right now.

Kids playing with computer... bye...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mowing is pretty much an all day project. The tractor is still down so I push mow it all. I like having the grass out back all one length. The way the yard rolls gets kinda hidden if the grass goes over 3 inches.

I can spend hours in the gardens a few times a week spring till fall and still never be done.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this