Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Stargate: Continuum

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=40670

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. announced that Richard Dean Anderson will reprise his role as Gen. Jack O'Neill in the studio's upcoming straight-to-DVD movie Stargate: Continuum, based on SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate SG-1. Anderson will join cast members Ben Browder and Amanda Tapping in shooting on location in the sub-zero climate of the Arctic, where the production is working in collaboration with the U.S. Navy's Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station during the week of March 23-29, MGM announced.

"We're thrilled to have Richard join us for Stargate: Continuum," Brad Wright, co-creator of the Stargate franchise and writer/executive producer for the latest installment for the property, said in a statement. "As Gen. Jack O'Neill, Richard brings both a sense of history and familiarity to the continuing adventures of the Stargate team. And we all recognize his value as the much-loved hero among the Stargate fan base."

As previously announced, Stargate: Continuum will shoot a variety of scenes on location in the Arctic ice, located about 200 miles north of Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Martin Wood, director of more than 70 Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis episodes, is confirmed to direct Stargate: Continuum.

They canceled the series, but they're going to make another movie? O_O I wonder if it'll be big enough to go to the theaters or if its going to be a Saturday night SciFi film. Hell, I'll watch it either way. :D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I was so bummed when the series ended. What is this we have to wait till 2008 for new stuff??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Sign in to follow this