Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Season 3 Finale! (Final five cylons revealed!)

First off, who do you think the final five cylons are?

My guess is:

Anders

that girl that works for Rosyln

Tigh

Starbuck

Baltar

I have this feeling that maybe Baltar's and Six's angels of each other maybe more than a coincidence.. I hope I'm wrong tho, I don't want Baltar to be a cylon... And if Starbuck is dead and not a cylon, thats fine. I hate how they fucked up her character and how she died.. if they leave it at that then fine, but if they bring her back it better be done fucking amazingly.

Btw, I'm actually glad this season is ending. I've been referring to this as the "Iraq Season" because of its constant metaphors and never ending obvious comparisons to the conflict in the middle east. Cylons occuping new caprica = USA occuping Iraq. Suicide bombers, the ex-president on trial, Baltar's hanging, the oppression of females (they killed at least 3 major female characters alone in this season), etc. etc.

I hope Season 4 puts all the real-world political connections behind them and embrace the path to Earth and the race against the cylons.. And hopefully increase their budget so they can have some more space battles for fracks sake. Season 1 and 2 were flipping awesome.. I just hope season 4 can get the show back on track.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Good call on the chief. :P what did you think about the trippy ending? it was like some acid trip flashes and an old rock song. I don't think it was as surprising as "1 year later..." because everyone practically expected starbuck to show up at some point.

I have to agree with you on that. It wasn't that impressive.

Now this makes me think back to the first season. After the cylons initial attack on the colonies. The galactica was spared because of that odd transmitter on the bridge. They set up the galactica from the start. The final five cylons all in key critical positions on the galactica and on the president's staff. Tigh is old as hell, and hes been a cylon this entire time, hes what 40+ years old? The chief has been working for years too and hes in charge of all their fighter ships... which means that the cylons have completely played the galactica and the entire human race since the very beginning, probably since the inital confrontations between humans and cylons.

What I don't get is why they had to keep the identities of the final five a secret from all other cylons. I don't really see how things would have really been different if the cylons knew and just didn't tell any of the final five. but then again, cylons can be tortoured.. hmm.. :\

Yeah, I guess so. :doh:

But if they were keeping the final five a secret, do you think they have an individual resurrection ship for their backup bodies? or maybe the final five are special because they are actual individual identities instead of a model number?

OMG! I was pissed. I wanted to know who were the 5! And now they are not making any more episodes till 2008? Come On NOW!

I like Dresden Files too, but the season final for that kinda sucked too...*sigh*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Well........

Galactica was a safe haven because the ship was a relic. It wasn't fitted w/ the technology that the modern ships had and thusly couldn't be infected by the cylons.

Tigh was prolly the first of the skin jobs just because of his age. He's been friends with Bill since around the time the first war with the toasters happened. He's done something we haven't seen the other cylons do; age a lot.

The chief and Cally are now in the same position as Helo and Athena, a halfbreed child.

The other two eh who really cares :P

I think that the objective of the 5 will be to intigrate the 2 species back on earth. They live long lives as humans and have chosen to be more human then cylon.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I thought it was a rather weak season in terms of basic story telling. Seasons 1 and 2 were equipped with Cyclon attacks every now and then, and here suddenly after a resurrection ship's attack, they back off, but no that's not the reason. They could've caught up like they did close to the temple or even towards the end, why'd they have 49 days of no Cylon encounter? Plus the ship's music was a really dumb way to bring 4 of them together, whose purpose we don't know at all. I mean why hide the identity of these 4 from the existing Cylons models of Caprica, Boomer, Xena, etc.? If Ty knew he was a Cylon maybe he wouldn't have helped the humans flee from New Caprica who knows, forget bout the fact that's he's eternally pissed off X'D. How many more Cylon models before they show us the main 5? Plus what's up with Starbuck coming back from nowhere and even IF she was a Cylon who's revived, where'd she get a Raptor from? Why was it recognized as 'Unknown' on Lee's radar? Many more questions ... but, I'm hungry!

Now Season 4! How far is it in terms of episodes and I guess it's not over yet, right? I'll watch it online X'D.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Season 4 is half over now and the other half isn't going to air until january of 2009. :mad:

Most of season 4 is half assed done. The story is kinda blah and not explanitory. But a few episodes were quite good to me.. but at the same time there was at least 1 episode that was so shit they should have never made it. That one episode is probably the lowest point of the entire series.

BTW, Season 4 is the last season.... and they do get to earth. Watch the episodes out now to see what happens! :P

>_> why oh why ... well, it figures cos Starbuck's in Bionic Woman and everyone's famous now.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sign in to follow this