Ladywriter

Finally got around to finishing up KH2

hmmm... where to begin

Let's start with the positive :happy: this time the battle system totally rocked and skateboarding was fun... Donald and Goofy could kick some ass :P

What was so-so the entire plot was kinda... eh. It was kool having Auron on your team but he had a Barbie doll waist which really took away from his appearance.-_-; Overall the storyline moved slow and it was waaayyyy too much Disney overdose for me. Too much rehashing Disney movies and not enough original plot and content. Poo world was more fun in the first game too.

What sucked- the entire little mermaid world was dumb. Steamboat was horrible. Cloud talking to a woman who is DEAD in his reality; also extremely sucky. YRP as little fairies- gawd make me puke.

They went out of their way to align the plot of the game with the Disney flicks but they put the screws to the Square characters. I don't care for Disney and originally hit up these games for the square characters, its pathetic what they did to em this time; worse then kid Tidus and Wakka -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The battle system was the best I've seen for an adventure type game. The reaction commands were great and the AI for your teammates was pretty good too. Auto potions (with auto-refill), quick commands and limit breaks. Friggin sweet. And Donald was so much more useful in this game than in the previous. I loved his Comet limit break. :D

Above all else this game pissed me off because this is really Kingdom Hearts 3. If you did not play that sequel on the gameboy then you are shit out of luck as to what the hell is going on in this game. And the further you progress and the more Ansem reports you get, the more the game rubs it in your face that you never played the actual sequel to this game on the gameboy. Something so major as Sora attacking himself with his own keyblade, ejecting his and Kairi's hearts from their bodies, why he was in suspended animation in some cryo tube for an entire year, why everyone forgot his existence, what happened to Riku, the introduction of Organization XIII.. yeah, they only reference all of that in a couple text files known as Ansem reports and broken cut scenes at the begging of the game that make you wish they did an actual flashback.

I was dissapointed with the worlds. Half of them were pointless to go to aside from heartless being there. While it was nice to see Sora and the gang pretty much jumping into the disney movies of each world, it got old pretty quick. Especially when most of the worlds had nothing to do with the overall plot of the game and whatever happened in those worlds had no impact on anything outside of those worlds.

Little Mermaid world should have never been in this game. And the best world in the last game, Peter Pan and the glide ability were nowhere to be found in this game. Weak.

Tron was awesome. The bike game wasn't like the movie, but it was close enough to be sweet. :D

I hate how they portrayed the square-enix characters. They could take all the square-enix characters out of the game and replace them with any other character and not miss a beat.

BTW, the whole Namine/Kairi and Roxas/Sora thing seemed like a rehash of FFX2's Lenne/Yuna Shuyin/Tidus connections.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Well, the FF characters aren't canon in KH hence the reason Cloud can talk to her. Also KH and KHII were both based on Disney worlds, not Final Fantasy worlds so I don't see how it can be too much Disney. FF characters are supposed to be little added bonuses from Squenix.

Also KHII FM+ will be released here, for once.

Yeah, its a Disney game at its core so I can't complain about it being too much Disney.. but I can complain and say that after a while it felt like interacting with Disney movie trailers. Deep down tho, I wish they would have released that final mix version to begin with. :| I was always under the impression that chain of memories was like a side quest for the characters and wouldn't have any impact on the sequel.. boy was I wrong. I hate cross-platformed sequels.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Posted by EVA-01:

Just yesterday the extended final-final secret ending was released, BTW.

Do you have a youtube link for that EVA? I'd like to see it =3

I have to admit that as much as I loved the game, the cutscenes really got on my nerves. There were just to many of them...I know they had an in-depth story to tell, but they should have made them longer like in Xenosaga. It got really tiring running like five feet *cutscence* kill a couple heartless *cutscene* run ten feet *cutscene* ect.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

I don't see how it can be too much Disney.

I'm playing a game, not watching a movie. They had several scenes from several movies that didn't add jack shit to the plot. I was hoping for original content in this game not scenes from movies I don't want to watch.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Alright, I've been ranting in other posts about some of the poor control choices such as the flying carpet and a few frustrating beet the clock sections that weren't required at all such as in Mulan.

I liked the cut scenes, but wouldn't have minded them being longer and spread apart more. All too often, I would be in the middle of a fight kicking ass and then be pulled into a cut scene where they said I was losing. What? Go figure, good for plot, but would've been more realistic if you saw the enemies in the background.

The battles were better and the horrible randomness of fights in the first game were gone. The Hercule's tournaments have minimum level requirements, but I'm not sticking around for another twenty hours to level up to beat them. For goodness sakes, I've beaten the game and that's a side quest that can best be forgotten.

It's a Disney game, so you know they're going to exploit their movies to the max. If you chose to pick up the game, then you probably have seen the movies or you know them by heart. I actually preferred the episodes that followed the premise of the movies if not the script, over the "original content".

I was annoyed with many episodes, such as the Lion King's episode two where you had to help Simba conquer his fear of not living up to his father's image. Why do this again? We already dealt with the issue in episode one. The crystal caves in Pooh's world? I don't remember that book. I could go on, but you get the point. I don't like my Disney movie foundations screwed around with much.

Though the Little Mermaid didn't have any fighting, the world was fine as a nice distraction from the norm. I would have preferred to watch the scenes than the stupid circles to make sure I pressed them at the right time. I still enjoy the slaying of Ursula scene and song!

I think the KH2 pulled too many styles of play into the game. If they would have stuck to the basic fighting system along with the cool reaction commands for performing stunts and solving puzzles, I think the game would have been more enjoyable. Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS)!

I'm very disappointed that KH2 is actually KH3. I had no clue this had gone on and was very confused throughout the game. They had a few flashbacks to explain some key points, but not enough. If the game is a sequel, then fine. If the originating story is from another game, fine. FILL US IN!

I refused to watch the intro that comes on when you don't start the game right away, because it looked like a spoiler overview of the game. I had NO CLUE who Namine was, or Roxas, or anything else. A few segments looked like some of the parts I had already played in KH2, so I waited. "Oh, they'll explain this in the game." Nope, not at all. Here's hoping for KH4, I mean KH3 to be a sequel of KH3, I mean KH2, otherwise America will lose favor in the series.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.