Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Live Earth” Concerts in All 7 Continents to Reach Global Audience of Over 2 Billion

Detailing a historic effort to engage billions of people across the globe, Kevin Wall, Al Gore, Pharrell Williams, Maná, Cameron Diaz, and the MSN Network launched Save Our Selves (SOS) – The Campaign for a Climate in Crisis.

“In order to solve the Climate Crisis, we have to reach billions of people. We are launching SOS and Live Earth to begin a process of communication that will mobilize people all over the world to take action,” Gore said. “The Climate Crisis will only be stopped by an unprecedented and sustained global movement. We hope to jump-start that movement right here, right now, and take it to a new level on July 7, 2007.”

More than 100 artists are performing at Live Earth and they’re all headliners. That’s what it takes to engage billions of people. We’re not just engaging fans of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Snoop Dogg, or the Foo Fighters and Faith Hill. We’re engaging them and everyone in between,” Wall said. “We’ve been overwhelmed by the response from the artist community and are feverishly working out the logistics for all of the bands that want to be involved. Today we are announcing just the first 25 and will soon be announcing even more headliners who, for contractual reasons, cannot be announced today.”

LIVE EARTH FACT SHEET

Live Earth - The Concert for a Climate in Crisis

7/7/07

Concerts on all 7 continents:

• Shanghai
  • Sydney
  • Johannesburg
  • London
  • Brazil - TBD
  • Japan - TBD
  • United States - TBD
  • Antarctica - TBD

100+ artists

Current and legendary artists across all genres performing multiple hits.

Announced today:

• Pharrell
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Foo Fighters
  • Snoop Dogg
  • Lenny Kravitz
  • Bon Jovi
  • Paolo Nutini
  • Sheryl Crow
  • AFI
  • Melissa Etheridge
  • John Mayer
  • Damien Rice
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • Duran Duran
  • Snow Patrol
  • John Legend
  • Black Eyed Peas
  • Akon
  • Enrique Iglesias
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Maná
  • Keane
  • Kelly Clarkson
  • Korn
  • Faith Hill w/ Tim McGraw
  • Bloc Party

http://liveearth.org/index.php

sweet

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

This's just like the G8 concert Geldof did last year, which was super awesome. Gore's doing everything he can, I'll give him that.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sign in to follow this