Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Grindhouse

Directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez present two full-length movies in a new horror double feature.

In Tarantino's "Death Proof," Austin's hottest DJ, Jungle Julia, sets out into the night to unwind with her two friends Shanna an Arlene. Covertly tracking their moves is Stuntman Mike, a scarred rebel leering from behind the wheel of his muscle car, revving just feet away.

In Rodriguez's "Planet Terror," two doctors find their graveyard shift inundated with townspeople ravaged by sores. Among the wounded is Cherry, a dancer whose leg was ripped from her body. As the invalids quickly become enraged aggressors, Cherry and her ex-boyfriend Wray lead a team of accidental warriors into the night.

I'm sure we've all seen the trailer ne? Somebody might have wanted to tell these dudes gun legs only work in animation -_-; It looks completly stupid. After sitting through the pathetic 'plot' in Sin City I think I'll just straight up pass on this clunker -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

i agree Grindhouse looks stupid, (they were going for that, anything they wanted), but uhh.. Sincity may have had some pretty typical plots, but that was the BOMB! you'd probably like "Hell and back" superspy/solider/ninja commando BADASS! in that one. Sincity was always supposed to be Crime drama/action, with that noir feel.

oh and Death Proof looks to be the better of the 2 movies, but can't tell if the gun leg is in that one or not >_< though zombies are always fun(planet terror)

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

i agree with hellcat, they've said alot, they just wanted to make any kind of movie they wanted. didn't matter what it was about. so this is what they came up with. also during the movie, they will have fake movie trailers for fake movies. lol

The gun leg in this movie is a complete rip of the Scotsman in Samurai Jack. :P

[ATTACH]628[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]629[/ATTACH]

X'D

i totally forgot about that, but YES YES IT IS! someone must pay for this >_>

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

That Scottsman was too cool! Brutal and funny. Grindhouse looks lame, gonna give it a definite miss.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Grindhouse probably won't be a smash hit as it could be, but when has Quentin Tarantino really cared? He made Pulp Fiction, Hostel, Kill Bill, and made himself big, but there is a line that you either like him or you don't.

"You're talkin' pretty big for a guy who wears a basket on 'is head!" Gyahh, that Scotsman was awesome.

The gun on the leg is something useful on something not there anymore. I mean, it's a gun and it's coming out of a beautiful woman's leg. This might actually work for the plot. I think I'll go to it because I've been surprised before by a movie and don't want to underestimate the plotline, just in case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

They're using B-movies as their inspiration, so of course the films look ridiculous. That's the point. The movie itself is in essence its own MST3K. It's like those terrible Scary Movie and Epic Movie-type spoofs--except these directors know what they're doing and have the potential to actually make something worth watching. I think it looks fantastic.

Tellah2.jpg

They're using B-movies as their inspiration, so of course the films look ridiculous. That's the point. The movie itself is in essence its own MST3K. It's like those terrible Scary Movie and Epic Movie-type spoofs--except these directors know what they're doing and have the potential to actually make something worth watching. I think it looks fantastic.

yeah, that's what they've said all along about the movies lol. just something fun they wanted to do. i mean like everyone's had those random ideas, that could never really work in a good movie or plot. or even make sense. so the best option? make a movie that dosen't have to! lol

oh and Hostel wasen't made by Tarantino, he presented it. Eli Roth made Hostel. Which, Hostel 2 will be coming out sooner or later!

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

You're right, he was a producer. I always get those two mixed up. ^_^

"Americans, they have no imagination"

I never did see the first one. Sadly I was told that the gore wasn't actually there, the camera moved away at the last second. I think I'll rent it, though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

You're right, he was a producer. I always get those two mixed up. ^_^

"Americans, they have no imagination"

I never did see the first one. Sadly I was told that the gore wasn't actually there, the camera moved away at the last second. I think I'll rent it, though.

oh there's gore, but i was dissapointed by the lack of it, from what was boasted about it. mainly the gore is close to the end. and at the very start. mainly it's the subject matter. sadist's and kidnappings, and being lost in a another country. that got to alot of people. most people condem it, but i think cause they don't want to acknowledge it happends. :nod:

and back on topic, anyone, know what some of those fake traillers will be for the grindhouse movie? and will they be inbetween the movie, or randomly through out it? cause those seem like an hilarrious idea. and i would love to hear if one of em is made in to a movie later.

heard about one, thats supposed to be about a movie called "the most violent samurai film ever made" :D fun stuff

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

oh there's gore, but i was dissapointed by the lack of it, from what was boasted about it. mainly the gore is close to the end. and at the very start. mainly it's the subject matter. sadist's and kidnappings, and being lost in a another country. that got to alot of people. most people condem it, but i think cause they don't want to acknowledge it happends. :nod:

and back on topic, anyone, know what some of those fake traillers will be for the grindhouse movie? and will they be inbetween the movie, or randomly through out it? cause those seem like an hilarrious idea. and i would love to hear if one of em is made in to a movie later.

heard about one, thats supposed to be about a movie called "the most violent samurai film ever made" :D fun stuff

That sorta just sounds like Kill Bill. Maybe they'll just advertise their own movies throughout. X'D

I saw Hostel over the summer and did think it was pretty excessively gorey. I love those sadistic-serial-killer type movies, like Saw and Se7en, but Hostel just seemed like gore for the sake of gore--there wasn't any sort of attempt at plot or character development, even however little is offered in the other films. And even though I'm plenty used to those extreme scenes, I felt pretty nauseous by the end of it.

Tellah2.jpg

As long as i keep bringing up the movie, this shouldn't get off topic lol.

That sorta just sounds like Kill Bill. Maybe they'll just advertise their own movies throughout. X'D

I saw Hostel over the summer and did think it was pretty excessively gorey. I love those sadistic-serial-killer type movies, like Saw and Se7en, but Hostel just seemed like gore for the sake of gore--there wasn't any sort of attempt at plot or character development, even however little is offered in the other films. And even though I'm plenty used to those extreme scenes, I felt pretty nauseous by the end of it.

i know what you mean, sometimes they do that in movies, though i think of any movies, that do it just for gore, that would be zombie movies, and Dead Alive(or Braindead for our european AC'ers if any) i didn't think there was much gore in the movie though, not compared to what they said about it, and what i've seen in other movies, we watched Hostel and High tension the same night(halloween) i think hostel was better at character development and plot, simply because it used more of the publics fear of other countrys, and what happends when you're kidnaped. so thats probably where it lost the plot. the second movie, will explain more about it's operations though.(how they work, kidnapings, selling and so on) they spent most of the character development on the

guy who gets his heels cut open, only for it to switch half way to the other guy. but got to say, when he killed that one guy that was FREAKING AWESOME they never kill the badguys that great.

anyway back on topic lol.

that might sound like Kill Bill, but i saw the preview image for it. and it was like classic samurais. not samurais in suits and stuff. looked pretty neat and funny. lol

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

Oh Braindead was super fun, as was Itchi The Killer.

You know it! though itchi was rather long and sometimes uneventful >_> fun none the less! though violent as they were they don't seem as silly as grindhouse lol

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

Sure to get a definate TAZ rating (tits, ass, zombies) ;)
like any other cheesy zombie movie! :D is about time though that they made a ridiculous zombie movie though. i HOPE that helicopter in the trailers is choping up zombies. such an awesome idea lol

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

Cobra ?: not to big a fan of Terrentino, but my personall favorite movie, is Resvoir dogs. so i will at least go in to this movie with doubt that it would be bad, and at least a FUN movie.

I know! I saw that in the trailer and the first thing that came to my mind was "Damn! They should make that a feature in Resident Evil 5 X'D"

Cobra 1: HELL YEAH, now that would be an AWESOME feature. would have to save just before, just to do it again and again lol, more game developers need to listen to gamers >_> this idea alone would be a game seller lol :cool:

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

Cobra ?: not to big a fan of Terrentino, but my personall favorite movie, is Resvoir dogs. so i will at least go in to this movie with doubt that it would be bad, and at least a FUN movie.

Off Topic:

Lady had me watch Reservoir dogs for the first time last week. I thought it was awesome. :tup: Pulp Fiction was pretty good too.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I just went to see it last night, and I was very surprised. The movies were actually really good, extremely gory but good. That and the whole atmosphere was just cool. I think Terror Planet was better than Death Proof, but it might be because I've never really been that big a fan of Tarintino.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

Saying Grindhouse is probably going to be a clunker and then championing an Eli Roth movie? You guys have your priorities all messed up :P

Grindhouse was amazing for what it was. The movies aren't really meant to be taken seriously, and in that vein Planet Terror was hilarious. Death Proof dragged for the first 30 minutes, but all that dialogue and character development

only to be killed in 30 seconds served a purpose. Without it the final chase scene wouldn't have been nearly as tense, because due to the first set of girls dying, you have no idea if the second set are honestly going to live through the chase or not. I've never heard such a sigh of relief from the audience as when Zoe jumped out of the bushes and yelled "I'm okay!"

tl;dr - I loved Grindhouse. :D

I am the voice of reason. And the voice of reason decrees that you need more potassium.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Death Proof > Planet Terror

I agree with this man.

With that said, however, you can't buy any action figures from Death Proof like I have Planet Terror. Hello my precious Quentin Tarantino action figure. :D

Rapist1.jpg

Complete impulse buy too, I was buying some strings for my guitar at Hastings, saw it, and was all like "Holy shit I have to buy this!"

They should do a throwback to the old crash dummies toys and make one you can buy with the first set of girls in their car, recreating the scene with your own Death Proof '71 Nova collectible over and over again. With flying plastic toy limbs, of course. I should work for McFarlane.

I am the voice of reason. And the voice of reason decrees that you need more potassium.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]