Best damn movie in a long time. Id just like to say this movie is worth seeing more then once if you can spare the extra $5 or $7.

The movie is definitely chuck full of blood, sex, nudity, rape, and war so if your not into this type of stuff then its probably best to not see it. If you are into this stuff then you will fall in love with it. The way they filed the movie was perfect; with its matrix style action affects and sick story telling in the background. The only thing I would have liked to see is more deaths of the spartans. What I mean is as the movie progresses we only seeing 10 or so die but by the end we only see 30 so it makes you wonder what happed to the other 260 lol. It also made the Spartans seem way more overpower full then they really where. There was also allot of grey areas so this means theirs going to be a truck load of never before stuff on the uncut dvd (I hope).

I give this movie a 10 out of 10. It definitely made my night.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

course it has slick story telling, Frank Miller made the orignal Graphic Novel! and if you've seen Sin City, everyone knows it's got to have some of that stuff you mentioned, in the movie. they guy likes the stone cold dark crime storys. so making a war story really makes abit of sense.

i can see how so little spartans dieing through out the movie, would make it seem they're strong. though from what i've heard, it wouldn't surprise me if they flew >_> lol, but i think that was the impression for the whole movie anyway, the fact that the few, could over come the many. it being based on history. anyone interested can find that out.

Haven't seen this movie yet, don't get out to watch many movies at the theater, but man when it comes to DVD, it's going to be destroyed in our DVD player lol

Spoiler

interesting fact, in the Sin City story, (The Big Fat Kill)

the end of Sin City, with Dwight, in the alley way is based on the spartan story. in the comic, it actually tells the story of that in a single page, to set up the ending fight. and why Dwight picked the alley way as his battle ground.

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

I saw it last night, and it was so amazing! Definatly worth the $7 bucks. I agree with Goku, it was the best freaking movie I've seen in a very long time. If you haven't seen it, you're really missing out, was definatly amazing! I give it five stars!

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

Freakin' amazing movie. I saw it last night at an IMAX with all of my friends. The 9:50 show was sold out, luckily my friend ordered our tickets ahead of time.

All of the battles were crazy, especially when the two Spartans did the "double team" thing against all of those Persians.

It was definitely worth the 13 bucks.

I wish I could have seen it in IMAX, I bet it was awsome. ;)

I loved it when the persian messanger said "You let this women speak like she is an equal to men!?" and the Spartan Queen just says "That's because only Spartan women give birth to real men." I loved her, she was so awsome, especially when she killed that councilman, he so had it coming. When she stabbed him all the girls in the theater started cheering and clapping lol. Everyone clapped and cheered at the end of the movie, it's been awhile since I've seen a movie where the audiance reacted in such a positive way.

It was awesome, me and my other set of friends are going to the IMAX again tonight...I mean morning at 12AM.

"You will not enjoy this, this will not go slowly..."

I hope the make a two disc edition of 300 when it comes out.

dude this one lady and her husband had seen the movie 3 times beforehand. She was like "Hey have you seen the movie yet?" and I'm like no, have you? and shes like "ya we just got back from watching it at chunky's you will love it!"

haha.

@COBRA oops I wrote the wrong numbers down on my first post. It should be:

What I mean is as the movie progresses we only seeing 10 or so die but by the end we only see 30 so it makes you wonder what happed to the other 260 lol.

I'm sure in the extended DVD we will see more deaths on both sides.

sig.php

@COBRA oops I wrote the wrong numbers down on my first post. It should be:

What I mean is as the movie progresses we only seeing 10 or so die but by the end we only see 30 so it makes you wonder what happed to the other 260 lol.

I'm sure in the extended DVD we will see more deaths on both sides.

lol, yeah, that dose make a diffrence, though, not sure why you would question, the other 260, im fairly sure, since it's based on history, that the 300 soliders, at least a few more then the persians, were supposed to survive.

at least from the idea of everyone saying, that "300 beat so and so many people simply based on the choice of fighting ground" thats not a spoiler, cause it's how they've been advertising it at least in the advertisements and interviews we've seen(premovie, so they weren't going to give anything away.

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

well we all know they fight and die but I was expecting more shots of the spartans dieing. Not just go from 300 to 30 in 20 mins lol. We see loads of persians dieing but we only see 10 or so spartins die. It just made the spartans look over powered till the very end. I'm sure their will be more deaths in the dvd. I hope theirs allot of new stuff on it.

sig.php

I'm interested in the way the Persians are depicted in the movie. I've read online critics say that the movie isn't real great shakes though ... but I have to watch it.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I noticed a lot more the second time at the IMAX. The first time I went no one clapped, they just watched and said "woah" and stuff when cool stuff happened. But this second time people were trying to start clap moments every second something cool happened, it was annoying as hell.

I know what you mean EVA...I just got back from seeing it again, and everyone was clapping and over cheering through the whole thing. It got really annoying really fast. The ushers where actually having to ask people to tone it down and be quite during the movie. -_-;

yeah i watched the movie with my dad and lil bro...was such an amazing movie...made me want to grab a shield and spear and go out slaughtering evil! XD

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

ok, got back from seeing it....was going to see it in IMAX, but they were sold out.....><....anyways, i found it a good story, bit graphic, but that was to be expected....i think, on the whole, i liked Sin City better, but this had some good emotion behind it....

i now also understand the comment "I've never seen so much nipple in my life!" *LOL*

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Go with strangers. It's fun! Honestly, one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. I'm going to see it again, and again. Then I'm going to buy the extended DVD edition and watch that a couple million times.

It didn't matter that it was historically inaccurate because it was based off a graphic novel. Frank MIller used his resources, though, and the costumes were excellent considering there was no real set for how they were dressed. The attacks were excellent as well, how I would've seen them if they'd actually happened. My friend said the shell was perfect.

As for the music--to which I am currently listening--my heart flutters. This movie should win a few awards.

I loved Frank Miller's 300, and am so glad he decided to let WB make it into a movie.

And the dark Persian army was sort of dark and otherworldly, and as I might view it, Xerxes used dark magic to claim all his riches.

As for the elephant, "It still only counts as one!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

I think, on the whole, it captures the spirit of the Spartains if nothing else. Yeah, there's a lot about it that can't be called 'history' as such, but hey, I think he did good with the artistic liberties he did take, and it was a good film.

But I'm sorry, I don't care how 'historically accurate' the outfits were. Pants are always a plus. No shirts I can deal with. But yeah. Some of those guys definatlly could've used some pants. ^_^;

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

The movie is definitely chuck full of blood, sex, nudity, rape, and war so if your not into this type of stuff then its probably best to not see it. .

you are right about that. i wish i didnt see it. overly hyped imo-_-; i think i'm the only one burst out laughing when that whore queen was getting nailed in all positions^_^;

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

I finished the movie a while ago after literally running away from the office.

Over-rated, disappointing, very cheesy on the dialog and decent on special effects. The trailer's VERY misleading and you expect big battles with weird creatures and what not, instead you're left with one measly ended 2-3 minute battle with that tall guy vs our very own bearded King of SpartaaaaAAAaAAaAaaaaaaaaaa X'D (heh I couldn't resist).

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.