Sign in to follow this  
COBRA

March = DVT awareness month.

Deep Vein Thrombosis:

it is a Condition, that not to many people know about, or put much thought in to, and back in 1996, our mom was stuck by a Pulmonary Embolism(a Blood clot to the lung) something very few people survive. she did survive, but with alot of health issues, such as the risk of another blood clot releaseing from behind her left knee(or where ever they are in her body) and strikeing her, in the Lung's, Heart, or brain. and if it happends again, no medical professional bleieve's she would survive. because no one really has, and most say, it will happend again. hopefully not.

that is the reason for our Avatar now, (it's in our banner for now, untill we figure out why we can't have banners)

I'm posting this topic now, because i just heard on the view(our mom watch's it) them discussing another health issue for this month, while that is good to speard the word, no one ever seems to spread the word about this condition.

How you can recieve Blood Clots:

Periods of long inactivity, or siting "indian style" (legs crossed), long plain/car rides with no stretching. one plain ride, can create a blood clot, and it can strike your heart, lungs, or brain.

---------------

Blows to your body, it can create blood clots, in the injured area, and sometimes will not surface for years, (same for any blood clot) and can be released by something as simple as slight road rage.

---------------

Being Passed down by your family. normally this type of blood clot, can not be removed, and you will always have them, (it's possible with the others as well) there is tests you can have to see if children you have, or will have, are at risk. as well as your self, incase you don't know your family history.

here is the wikipedia links on DVT, and Pulmonary Embolism's, as well as Blood Clots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_venous_thrombosis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_embolism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_clot

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

okay.... you guys keep scaring me!

I've taken many beatins to my head. Now I gotta worry about an anurisum >.<

Seriously tho sometimes I get so wound up everything starts to fuzz around the edges and I see spots. Its like seeing the world via old movie :wtf:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Now your scaring us O,o that don't sound to good, though i've done the same, and taken quite alot of blows to the head, but sometimes that could just be stress causeing the vison problems, or squeezing your eyes. but something i'ed ask a doctor about, (how fun, Doctor's, the professional sadist! oh and Dentist's -_-; )

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

Geez, it's so freaky to think about it really, cause something as simple as seeing things fuzzy and such, can mean a big problem. But I mean can you really go to your doctor every time you think there's something wrong?

Btw lady, is that the kinda thing that happens when you stand up? Like you've been sitting for a while, and when you stand things start to go black or fuzzy typa thing? What causes that anyways? O_O

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

Sign in to follow this