Sign in to follow this  
COBRA

Sandman by Neil Gaiman

Anyone read this one? im half way through volume one, of the complete sandman collection. and it's one of the best comic's i've ever read.

very fantastic, and imagintive, but when it deals with dreams you expect that. but this is'nt exactly what i had expected from this book, it was more then what i expected.

was just wondering if i was the only one to read any of the Sandman books, oh and the original DC hero counts too. but it's not the same character, by Neil Gaiman.

(anyone else think Chris angel, that magician on A&E looks like the sandman?)

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour

A pal of mine who isn't into manga or into anime swears by Sandman and all he kept saying was "it's really really deep stuff man". I'm interested sure, but it's expensive ne ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Yeah it's exspensive, but the complete collection was a better buy then the seprate books. luckly this was a gift, (but from Cobra 2, so it was our own account lol) it's a good graphic novel/comic. I am a manga/anime fan, and comic book fan. and far as i know, i can't really compare the sandman books to anything else i've read, (novels, and of the like, are abit exspensive to get casually, so can't mention those) or heard of. but im sure there's something, for now though, it's pretty original. (besides the idea of a "sandman" who contorls our dreams and such)

i like the book alot, but if i was going to suggest some sort of Comic, to someone who hasen't read them before. i would suggest Sin City, unless they're not in to crime storys. Sandman would be the second book i would suggest.

the others, are comic book heros, and things like that, so even if your not a comic book reader, you've probably heard of the normal hero's out there. (im speaking of, *you* as in general)

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour