Sign in to follow this  
Hell_Cat_18

Fonts!?

Does anyone know where I can find some really neat fonts for Windows XP? I've looked everywhere, but the ones I've tried to download won't show up in my fonts folder for some reason. Can someone help my noob butt out please? ^_^;

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

did you install the fonts right? cause you basically have to drag them into the windows fonts folder to have them install...and make sure the extension of the file is TTF, FON, or TTC

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

You have to actually put them in your Windows/Fonts folder. Just save them to the desktop or another folder, open up your Fonts folder, then click and drag.

As for where to get fonts, I am a font-whore. I collect them. ^_^;; I found out the hard way that if you have too many on your system, Windows will actually delete some to make room Yes, you can have to many fonts on your computer. *L* Anyways, try dafont or 1001 fonts for some good free ones.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Okay I tried that, but when I drag them, they won't copy or install, am I missing something?

you have to right click, drag them into the fonts folder, copy to fonts folder. and then restart photoshop or anything else that uses fonts.

or you could open your fonts folder > C:\WINDOWS\Fonts > click File > Install New Font > and then browse to whatever folder you downloaded your fonts to > click the box to copy fonts to font folder, select all your fonts and click ok.

All that second one does is copy the fonts over to the font folder but only more complicated.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg