Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Justice League Live action movie!?

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/news/

Warner Brothers has hired writers Kiernan and Michele Mulroney to pen the script for its hoped-for Justice League of America movie, based on the DC Comics franchise, Variety reported. It's the first major action the studio has taken on the project, the trade paper reported.

The franchise features the superhero team of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash, the Green Lantern and the Martian Manhunter, among other heroes. The studio isn't saying which ones may be included in the film.

Development of the film is complicated by the fact that Warner has already revived its Batman and Superman film franchises, with Christian Bale's Batman Begins and the upcoming The Dark Knight and Brandon Routh's Superman Returns and its upcoming sequel. The studio is also developing a Wonder Woman film.

Filmmakers Chris Nolan (Batman Begins) and Bryan Singer (Superman Returns) are each on board to helm the next installments in the two respective franchises. The Dark Knight is eyeing a 2008 release, and the next Superman is slated for 2009.

The JLA has spawned several cartoon TV series, including the 1960s and '70s show Super Friends and the Cartoon Network series Justice League Unlimited, from Warner Brothers Animation.

Just as long as they actually make a decent script and cast it good, I'll really look forward to this..

However, I'd hate to see the movie turn into something like the x-men flicks. :meh:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Batman and Wonder Woman ... niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeee! I'd so so SO love to see this made with a good cast with Bale or Routh even. And they should make it with Darkside/Apocalypse (my brain ain't working right now ... gomen).

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

*BUMP*

JLA Plot Confirmed! Read the spoilers for it ...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/justice_league_of_america/news/1678595/

We still don't know who will be starring in it, but the storyline for George Miller's Justice League of America movie has been revealed.

A recent issue of Entertainment Weekly contains an article about the production, including a plot summary, obtained from "an early version of the script," that breaks down as follows:

Seven original members of the Justice League -- Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and the Martian Manhunter -- are featured in an origins story about the superhero conglomerate. The plot revolves around villainous businessman Maxwell Lord and involves cyborgs called OMACs (One-Man Army Corps), who can take over humans and turn them into killing machines. There are epic battle scenes between Superman and Batman, as well as Superman and Wonder Woman, and League could spawn a slew of additional franchises if it's successful.

The production is apparently still on track for a February 2008 start and a summer 2009 release.

In related news, IGN Movies has obtained confirmation from Jessica Biel's reps that she is really, honestly, seriously no longer in negotiations to play Wonder Woman in JLA -- which isn't really news, per se, but it sort of dovetails with the hubbub surrounding a recent decree rumored to be made by Warner Bros. president of production Jeff Robinov. Read on:

We are no longer doing movies with women in the lead.

Robinov's reasoning for this, apparently, is that The Invasion and The Brave One didn't perform well at the box office, and they had female leads, ergo female-led films are box office poison. It's innovative thinking like this that earns Robinov the big bucks, folks.

Anyway, one of the sticking points in the Biel negotiations was supposedly a guarantee, or lack thereof, that she'd star in a Wonder Woman spinoff. Now, as Comics2Film points out, Robinov's comments would seem to indicate that Warners has given up on the project entirely -- or, at the very least, that women need not apply for the starring role.

Source: IGN Movies

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

i read that it is unlikly batman will be in the JL movie

as his solo franchise is doing far better then superman

Batman is probably the best hero DC has.

Still I think DC should focus more on Lobo as well... He friggin rocks.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=38501

Rapper Common has been appearing in a lot of movies this year, starting with Joe Carnahan's Smokin' Aces and Ridley Scott's upcoming American Gangster, but he apparently has not only gotten the acting bug but also the bug for comic book movies. Next March, he appears in Timur Bekmambetov's Wanted as the gun-savvy Gunsmith, but in recent weeks, there's been rumors that he's one of the actors testing for the part of John Stewart/Green Lantern in Warner Bros.' fast-tracked Justice League movie.

061216_NextCommon_vl.widec.jpg

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/11925.html

Warners Put the Brakes on 'JLA'

No WB Superhero Pic in 2009

1698Megan-Galemd.jpg Megan Gale

January 16, 2008 The Hollywood trades are reporting that Warner Bros. has let the options lapse on the cast that director George Miller had assembled for the JLA movie that was planned to start shooting this spring for a release in 2009. According to Variety Warner did tell the young cast that includes Adam Brody (Flash), Armie Hammer, Jr. (Batman), and Megan Gale (Wonder Woman) that the studio still planned to make the film "with them in it," but at this point with the writers' strike, the start date for the production remains very much in up in the air. As things stand now, it will be very difficult for Warner Bros. to come up with a superhero blockbuster for the summer of 2009 (see "Rumors Fly Around JLA Feature").

The reasons cited for the postponement include the desirability of getting a final polish on the screenplay by Kieran and Michele Mulrooney, which won't be possible until the writers' strike is settled, and a failure to receive the proper assurances on tax breaks from the Australian government.

Based on that picture of Megan Gale, I could see her playing Wonder Woman. I don't think her boobs are big enough for the role, but she has the body type and look. :nod:

I bet that damn writer's guild left flaws in the script in anticipation for the strike. -_-

I can't believe they're going with the John Stewart Green Lantern. That's going to piss off ALOT of comic book geeks. I can only assume they're doing it because of the Justice League cartoon.

But I mean come on... Hal freaking Jordan people. He's only been the best GL ever.

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/12148.html

February 27, 2008

Variety is reporting that now that the writers' strike is over, Warner Bros. has put its Justice League project on the fast track in order to add another "tentpole" film to the studio's slim 2009 schedule. Justice League helmer George Miller is currently doing preparation work in Australia and the film's cast, which includes Adam Brody (Flash), the Rapper Common (Green Lantern), Megan Gale (Wonder Woman), and Arnie Hammer, Jr. (Batman) has been told to keep up their training for the physically-demanding roles. Screenwriters Kirean and Michelle Mulroney are polishing the script, which is due back at the studio shortly. No date for the start of principal photography has been set yet.

The Justice League project was on the fast track until the studio scuttled the project in mid-January (see "Warners Puts the Brakes on JLA Movie") citing script problems and uncertainty about being able to fix them caused by the writers' strike. But with just Zack Snyder's Watchmen (March 6th), McG's Terminator Salvation (May 22nd, see "Terminator IV Set for Memorial Day Bow"), and Spike Jonze's Where the Wild Things Are (October 16th) scheduled for 2009, there is obviously a major gap in mid-summer that Warner Bros. would love to fill with Justice League, so don't bet that the studio won't be able to overcome the considerable difficulty of mounting a major special effects-laden superhero film in time for a summer 2009 release.

Being so damned rush to make the movie for the summer of 2009, I have a feeling the quality of the movie is going to suffer. :\

Man, she does look hot in that pose, don't she Sledge?

;)