Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

Anime site Im working on

Me and a fellow web developer have been gathering ideas that would make the ideal Anime site. We plan to put them all togeathor to built the ultimate site. I figure id make a post on here to see what everyone would want to see on a new anime site.

I cant really talk about what we have been working on so far since the site isn't ready for people and the things we have made havent really been done on any other anime site before (and if they have, haven't been done good) but by all means please suggest what you would like on a major anime site.

Keep in mind we are building the site with the idea of "Web 2.0". For those of you that don't know the buzz word. Well in a nutshell web2.0 is all about users having the power to control content or add content also the power to vote on stuff and easy on the eyes templates. Examples of what web2.0 is are digg.com, youtube.com, wiki.

With that said please post what you guys would like to see on a site such as this. Your help will be helpful. Hopefully if things work out we can get some newer users to visit Ancient clan :)

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

its hard to say what I'd like to see on a major anime site aside from the obvious (galleries, news, database, etc.).. So many sites are devoted to individual things but are good at them, like animegalleries.net and some of the other anime gallery websites, anime news network with their community driven anime database.. maybe your site could have those things incorporated into it. and maybe a digg style news updater or rss feed loader from different anime sites or forums? O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The current things we have been working on tie allot of info that Anime News Network offer, in with our site without "leaching" their site to much (we of course back link to their site on every page we have info on so they get credit for any info we gather).

You hit the nail on the head with the voting like digg idea. But I think we may use star voting as our method of voting.

Image galleries always attract fans...a little to much and that could end up costing us allot of money so I think we will leave the anime image related stuff to already successful sites. That does not mean we wont keep it in mind though.

Your ideas are good any others? :)

sig.php

link back to other sites so you don't have to do as much work X'D

can you tell I'm sick of working on sites? ^_^;

try n keep up w/ the fansubbers too. gosh we love our fansubbers :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Small informative post on our progress (I know its been a long time). Anyway The site is about 90% done and right now where just tieing some loose ends up and finishing some complexed algorithms for a special anime suggestion system we hope will help fans.

When the site is done we will of course need people to beta test for us. So I'll be posting a url here with more info when we finish.

sig.php

How about some sort of searchable anime torrent aggregates? i.e. not actually hosting the .torrent files, but instead indexing the different various anime trackers? And then you could write some code to pick up keywords, and cross reference parts of the site, putting links to torrents on anime profile pages, etc.

I am the voice of reason. And the voice of reason decrees that you need more potassium.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Ladywriter - ya but its gonna feel even better when people can actually see the site and use it.

@Banana Attack - we are trying to keep the site as legal as possible. That doesn't mean we will totally eliminate the idea of having a legal unlicensed anime torrent index later. Its a good idea but something that will be held off for later updates.

sig.php

@Banana Attack - we are trying to keep the site as legal as possible. That doesn't mean we will totally eliminate the idea of having a legal unlicensed anime torrent index later. Its a good idea but something that will be held off for later updates.

there's nothing illegal about cross-referencing / linking to torrent sites

I am the voice of reason. And the voice of reason decrees that you need more potassium.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

linking to torrent sites and linking to torrent files are two different things. It can be abused easily if we do it wrong. That's why we would wait until all the other stuff we been working on is done and fully working. Then we can think about adding in a torrent section.

If we went about adding torrent files we would most likely parse (grab) them from anime suki since they only host unlicensed legal anime.

sig.php

linking to torrent sites and linking to torrent files are two different things. It can be abused easily if we do it wrong. That's why we would wait until all the other stuff we been working on is done and fully working. Then we can think about adding in a torrent section.

If we went about adding torrent files we would most likely parse (grab) them from anime suki since they only host unlicensed legal anime.

TVNihon as well. I think they only do unliscenced anime.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Sorry I haven't posted a link, I will soon though. This month is a bit busy for me and my friend. Hes got exams and will been studying allot and I've got to make a few web sites for some clients so the work being done on the anime site is stuck on hold. Once I get some free time I'll clean up the site and post a link so you guys can test some of the already made things. Until then I guess you have to wait :/

sig.php

K I updated allot this past month.

1) Cleaned up the layout a bit to help better distinguish news.

2) Sort by date (tag cloud)

3) Security updates (you wont see any of this)

4) Admin Panel so I can easily edit, add, varify user submitted rss feeds.

5) Fixed RSS feed bug where ampersands would screw it all up.

6) Updated FAQ and About page.

7) Search page is cleaned up.

::Bugs I know about::

1) Design is not consistent on the torrent/news pages (i'll fix this later).

2) Design when using date filter is not showing the correct frame images for torrent/news/blog posts (i'll fix this later).

I still have loads more to do on the site. But please visit and tell me what you think, what should be changed, etc.

sig.php

Silly, there on this thread:

http://forums.ancientclan.com/showthread.php?t=6943

Looks good so far, but I only did a quick scan. I'll check it out more later.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

hmm ok, then lets move our discussions over to the other thread, my bad XD. *kicks self for using the same title name*.

Theres still allot that needs to be done, especially with the admin panel. Take your time reviewing the site. I'd like as much constructive criticism, opinions, and suggestions as possible.

sig.php