Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Chrono Trigger Remake

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157085

Last week we highlighted an interview Cubed3 conducted with Hiromichi Tanaka, Square Enix Senior VP, where he seemed pretty dismissive when the topic of a remake of Chrono Trigger came up. Today, however, we have access to the complete full transcription of the interview up, which reveals a tone a little different.

With regards to a Chrono Trigger remake:

"There's still a possibility, but since the main director is not working for Square Enix now -- he's working on other titles in a different company, Namco Bandai, it's a bit difficult to ask him to come back and be the head of a team again. And also, Kato-san is working on the fourth game in the Mana series. So there's still a possibility that he might think he might want to make it again..."

There's still a possibility.

I'd love to see a Chrono Trigger remake. :D

*still owns the original Super NES and PS1 versions*

Any other Chrono fans? ^_^

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I love Chrono Trigger to death and it's by far the best RPG I've ever played. However, I'd hate to see a remake. I'm sorry but the old school SNES graphics are, besides the story and characters, what make the game what it is.

Plus, I usually tend to hate remakes. They never feel the same as the original and I lose interest fast.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Chronooooooooooo

if the remake included his cats I'd be happy X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I wouldn't be surprised, just because Square seems to be only interested in milking past franchises these days. The FFIV remake, even after two separate ports, is ridiculous evidence of that, along with the half dozen FFVII spin-offs, sequels and prequels they have out or in production. Instead of remaking games that are still wonderfully fun to play and available to pretty much everyone, why don't they remake something like Radical Dreamers?

Tellah2.jpg