Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Windows Vista

My laptop's Vista upgradable, I think I just have to call them up and they'll do it for me or run me through the steps. I'm just afraid my other programs (downloading, etc.) that're not legit shouldn't work once I upgrade, ya know. It would be nice if I could have a split boot or load where I can choose which version I wanna go on ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I'm not going anywhere near Vista until I have to. I finally got used to XP. O.o Besides, I'd have to do some major upgrading to run it as it's such a resource hog. Makes XP look like 3.1, according to a friend.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Vista is hell. I tried the beta and dont plan on using the real OS anytime soon. I'll stick with Linux and pre windows 2000\2003 anyday.

That was beta, it's more solid than my XP SP2 installation now. I run it on my laptop, I think it's great... I haven't had any compatibility issues, although for my laptop Aero is just a gimmick I turn on in order to show my friends the cool 3D whoosh effects. Other than that I turn it off and just leave it on the "Vista Basic" theme, basically Aero without the transparency or 3d effects. It's not a resource hog in the least bit without Aero, and that's on a laptop with a crappy integrated video card. On a newer computer with a dedicated graphics card I doubt Aero would even make a difference.

I am the voice of reason. And the voice of reason decrees that you need more potassium.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]