Sign in to follow this  
D_Marx

Je n'arrivé pas du Paris.

Well, I'm definitely not going to France. I'm not really ready to set foot off the continent just yet. This being said, I was a little bummed out because I wanted to go somewhere outside of the U.S. for once in my younger years. I suddenly wanted something I couldn't have really, since Madame basically said there would be no trip due to some complications. She seemed quite sad about it. I went to her office afterwards and she asked me how I felt about taking my French one step further. If I really wanted to go somewhere with a French atmosphere, she said I could take this summer course offered in Quebec for five weeks with the same amount of money I would spend in France for one week. It would be an intensive study in the language--a social study because I will be using it in a very natural environment.

She told me that it didn't matter when I travelled should I actually decide to do this, but passports were usually a good thing to get anyways. She gave me a ride to the courthouse and we picked up the paperwork. I wasn't aware I could get my passport here in Wayne. Strange.

So. . . Quebec. That sounds fun. My parents were thinking of letting me travel to Canada anyways because I was feeling a bit down, and this is the perfect opportunity. The only thing I'm semi-worried about is the idea that class would start two days after I graduate from Wayne [June 7th]. I'd have to jump onto a plane right away and that's pretty stressful. Madame's sister lives in Quebec City near the college and I would be able to stay with her if I wanted to save the dorm money. I'm just a little curious to see if I will take my computer. It is special to me and I'd like to not be without it.

I think I'm going to Quebec.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

Go for gold! I've been to Quebec a bunch, it's fun.

Just watchout though, pretty much everyone in Quebec city is bilingual, so be sure not to use english :P

aomsehri \|/

This post is definitely my greatest contribution to the site.

Yup yup, it should be great fun out there, especially if it's snowing!! Aaahh the beautiful fluffy snow ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Well, when I do go, I'll be entering their starting visiting season, which means there should be green everywhere. This being said, all I ask for is cool weather while I can see the sights ice-free. ^_^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

Which's good in its own way ... you could do a lot of sight-seeing and walking around too, if the weather's good.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Maybe my parents would be open to letting me borrow their nice camera. Who knows, maybe they'll spring and get me a digital. I'd definitely take enough pictures as long as I can afford to send my computer there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

Sign in to follow this