Sign in to follow this  
Camron

Hohkayyy

It's been a while (again), I thought I'd frighten some people and post something. Though It's weird seeing one of my topics still fairly close to the top of the forum after all these.. years... or months or whatever.

Hum, I don't have anything too wonderfully exciting but I did do a little photoshopping sketch doodle whatchacallit the other night for a story Idea that I hope to develop (more) .. Its a story idea but its also a game idea.. and yeah. Its really raw right now but I colorified one of my concepts and I thought I'd share.

delhaut9wd.jpg

Oh, damn. someones online? haha. But yeah.. in the original concept it was a pillar but that wasn't working out so well visually. I may go back to that but I had a little fun drawing the crystal. Though I realize theres some problems with it.

And it looks good, also like the thing it's 'set' on with that sign. Is this supposed to be like the power force to raise the colony above the skies or is it something you're going to play out as 'To Be Protected'.

Boo, we're always online ;) ... like sharksies.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I should mention this was started as just playing around with the different tablet settings that there are in photoshop.. and I've never drawn like.. an actual environmental image before either so I'm fairly proud.

Looking at it now I realize I could have spent more time on it but I'll just have to do better next time. haha.

But yeah, basically this is an image of the surface of the planet. And the object would happen to be one of the points around where the continent, kingdom, whatever used to be-- One of the main pillars, or power sources holding the land up now.

I wish I could share more but I've got some holes that I need to clear up. I have the visual look down in my head, I just need to come up with a good story and reasonings as to why things are the way they are. I'm trying to build a planet on which to tell my story :P

Yo, I'm the culprit here hehe ... ask too many questions for my own enthusiastic good X'D. The art is great, game-like indeed. Concept sounds cool too ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Thanks for the heads-up. i'll check it out :P .. Its hard not to come close to other stories now-a-days. Though I atleast feel better knowing that I don't know anything about Septerra Core so I'm not.. subconsciously copying any aspects.

Anyway yeah.. I'll go do some research. I probably wont be able to dodge the 'its like .. yada yada' in some portions but I'd like to atleast try to make it as unique as I can~ Though its hard for me to know exactly. I can't play every game and read every stroy there is :( so I'm just going to have to whip out some crazy powers. things people Couldn't think up. lawls. .. good luck to me.

edit: I just read up on Septerra Core and I think I'm good as far as not being too similar. Though I can understand why you might think so given the information from the image. I'd like to explain more but I need to work on it. I'll post a little more about it soon but I don't want to ruin more of the story. Nor do I want to cause any confusion if I decide I need to make some drastic changes. ya know?

From what i read on wiki, Septerra Core sounds like.. a huge FF7 Midgar senario, upperclass people literally living above the less fortunate. right? + something about some keys and the core of the planet.

Sign in to follow this