Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Zeta Gundam

I finished Zeta Gundam tonight. :D At one point I was getting a bit annoyed with the length of the series how it seemed to be going slow, but the last ten episodes really tied the series together. So many people died. O_O and in the end with Camille...

Did he die? It looked like his mind was ripped from his body but couldn't go anywhere.. like he was trapped, is my guess. Pretty fucked up.

Out of everyone that died tho.. why couldn't someone have killed Fa? -_- god I couldn't stand her. She had no good piloting skills and I'm surprised she didn't die multiple times in mobile suit combat. Also, she was practically a nanny on the ship for those two annoying kids that had no point being there in the first place. why were they even there? O_O And everytime she opened her mouth she always said "Camille..." ... "Camille..." .... "Camille..." ... etc. omg. I swear every episode she was in she had to say his name at least 2 or three times and emphasize it like she wanted him to stop everything he was doing all the time, just for her. -_-

Overall, I think the series was pretty powerful, but I'm still confused as to what the overall motives were of the three main forces. The Titans were looking for complete control over everything?.. The Axis wanted the Zabi family to regain power and re-establish the Zeon republic and then nuke earth? and the AUEG wanted to stop the Titan's brutal control? and then Char at one point gave a speech about how humanity is polluting earth? O_O so did the AUEG want people to move into space colonies and admire earth from the distance?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I finished Zeta Gundam tonight. :D At one point I was getting a bit annoyed with the length of the series how it seemed to be going slow, but the last ten episodes really tied the series together. So many people died. O_O and in the end with Camille...

Did he die? It looked like his mind was ripped from his body but couldn't go anywhere.. like he was trapped, is my guess. Pretty fucked up.

Out of everyone that died tho.. why couldn't someone have killed Fa? -_- god I couldn't stand her. She had no good piloting skills and I'm surprised she didn't die multiple times in mobile suit combat. Also, she was practically a nanny on the ship for those two annoying kids that had no point being there in the first place. why were they even there? O_O And everytime she opened her mouth she always said "Camille..." ... "Camille..." .... "Camille..." ... etc. omg. I swear every episode she was in she had to say his name at least 2 or three times and emphasize it like she wanted him to stop everything he was doing all the time, just for her. -_-

Overall, I think the series was pretty powerful, but I'm still confused as to what the overall motives were of the three main forces. The Titans were looking for complete control over everything?.. The Axis wanted the Zabi family to regain power and re-establish the Zeon republic and then nuke earth? and the AUEG wanted to stop the Titan's brutal control? and then Char at one point gave a speech about how humanity is polluting earth? O_O so did the AUEG want people to move into space colonies and admire earth from the distance?

You're pretty much right about the motivation for the Titans, Axis, and AEUG. The thing with Char is he is much more extreme in his views than the rest of his organization. This is what leads him to break off from AEUG and start another group (neo-zeon). Char believes earth is humanity's cradle and must be left so the human race can fully evolve (become newtypes).

Oh, and Kamille isn't dead, just really messed up.

lightsig.jpg

ah... btw, how good are the Zeta movies? are they worth watching and does any include Camille all messed up? and what series takes place immediately after Zeta?

I was thinking about watching some other series while I wind down from all the gundam I've been watching.. but when I start back up, I already have Gundam X downloaded and ready to watch. ^_^

The movies pretty much mess up continuity and make ZZ Gundam not make sense, although ZZ is pretty bad, and only starts to get better late in the series. Oh yeah

Kamille doesn't "die" (become a vegetable) in the movies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Movies are a good "alternate" telling of Zeta and completely write Double Zeta out of existence with the new take on the ending.

Gundam ZZ is your next one in line in the UC timeline. Though I have not personally seen it myself (I have it downloaded but with college and work I don't have much time to watch it as well as still have Turn-A Gundam and Victory Gundam to watch) I've heard it's complete crap or at least the first half of the series is. Supposedly it starts getting good in the last half but I can't say anything about that.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Does it matter which order I watch Turn A or Gundam X in.. does one come before the other?

huh.. if Camille doesn't die in the movies.. wtf.. does he play a major role in the movies then?

O_O

oh! aside from the crappy zeta movies I probably won't bother with, what gundam movies would you guys recommend I watch that are good? Do any of the movies have Char or Amuro in them? I wished Amuro would have had a bigger role in Zeta.. hes probably my favorite character with Char as a close second.

The only movie other then the original Trilogy of the series is Char's Counterattack which wraps up the whole Amuro/Char thing.

I wouldn't write the Zeta movies out. They're extremely good and have new animation in them but as I said it's an alternate telling of the original series (which I really need to watch them again).

Turn-A and Gundam X have nothing to do with each other. Both are AU series having nothing to do with the UC timeline. Since you already have Gundam X downloaded I'd watch that first then download and watch Turn-A. Gundam X is an awesome show and is somewhat a "What if Zeon had won the war?" story or at least how I took it (note: Zeon is not present in the series nor should it be since it's an AU series but a lot of Gundam fans speculate it as that sort of story).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Sign in to follow this