Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

step the fuck back !

NY likes to consider itself a progressive state. Its more like a butt the fuck into my business and dick ppl (esp poor/minorities) around kind of place.

First they banned smoking in eateries. That was fine ppl like to taste the food their eating not a ciggy when they eat; this applies to smokers too. That went well so it was onto all other public places. Mostly that was fine too but shit hit the fan when they banned smoking in bars. Sorry but thats just fuckin stupid. As if it wernt bad enough that the tax on ciggies (bringing them up to about 5 bucks a pack) was driving all of these little mom and pop corner groceries out of business (they survive mostly on beer and ciggy sales. now most ppl that can go to the res for their butts do) Bars did terrible with the new ban. Many applied for special permits to allow smoking in their places. Hooray now we have drunks hanging out outside the bars howling down the street when they come out to smoke. -_-; Oh yeah much better.

Now its the 'ban smoking in cars w/ ppl under 18' movement, this piece of shit legislation has even passed in a few places here in CNY. Yo, can you say invasion of privacy? The same fuckin kids in the car are gonna breath in smoke at home uh duh. How many ppl do you know that smoke in a car w/ all the windows up? Lemme see, I know ZERO and just about everybody I know puffs.

Suppose ya get pulled over for having a smoke while ushering the kids home from whatever. Is that cop who tickets you also going to call Child Protective? Smoking with the crumb snatchers in the car is illegal right? It involves minors right? Don't that mean CPU has to investigate? Uhh yeah

Fucking bitch rediclious. I think there are better ways to spend the taxpayers money other then harassing moms -_-; like making sure the fucking kids in the car have a world left to live in that isn't total shit -_-;

Build a fucking windmill and leave smokers the hell alone. Enough is enough.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Amen, I'm not a smoker, but I think people are trying too hard to make the word safe for people who breathe despite the fact that you can't protect or prevent a person from dying. Why is it such a requirement to ban smoking when it won't really stop anything from happening but making people angry?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

The more infringement or addition of rules and regulations is only going to irk the public more and more, and spark a rebellious attitude towards it as well. It's like saying 'if there're rules, they are to be broken' ya know ... I can see how college kids ARE going to find it even cooler to smoke in their cars with the restriction on, than regularly.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

It just makes sense that if a person is ticketed and it involves a minor, Child Protective has to investigate the person. It would be an insane waste of money to be sending social workers out to antagonize 100 Suzie SUV's. -_-; the invistigations arent free, tax money pays for them and these mo fo's salery. Dont you think CPU has better things to do then harass smokers????

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

i'm allergic to smoke, so i'm all for banning it in public places.....and they could do a back 'smoke room' in bars, that wouldn't bother me....but banning you smoking in your car?.....that's not a public place!!....technaclly it is in public, but even with your windows down, it's not like you're sitting next to a stranger and blowing smoke at them!....that one's going way to far......

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

O_O thats absolutely ridiculous... wtf is wrong with smoking in your car? ooo the kids are gonna get cancer!! well um... the kids can get cancer from breathing in some crappy air too... should they put up a lew against breathing next? why dont they focus on the well being of all people instead of just those who have moms who smoke

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

so... of course I emailed my represenatives and the news

The new ban on smoking with minors in your car is a total violation of privacy and a devious way for police to issue more tickets. I am absolutely outraged something so invasive could be made a law.

People are responsible for their children until Child Protective (who will be busy investigating Suzy Soccer Mom for smoking in her SUV bringing the kids home from pratice) deems them unfit.

How can you issue tickets involving endangering minors without a CPU follow up investigation?!?

They think they're going to make even more off of smokers (as if the tax doesnt rape us enough) with these tickets. It will end up a nightmare of unnecessary investigations and very angry people.

Put a stop to this violating law.

grrrrrrrrrrrr:x

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I'm for the bans since my ears cant take cig smoke and most of my family members have breathing problems do to smoking when they where kids.

I guess I can kind of agree with on the not smoking in cars going over the boarder a bit but look at Drinking. You cant drink in a car period. I think there just trying to do the same thing for smoking.

But in any case your right, a person should be allowed to smoke in their car if its fine with whoevers in the car with you.

O well start a partition or something XD (MOMS FOR SMOKING!)

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

There's a difference between drinking in a car and smoking in a car. Alcohol impares your abilities to the point where you can't drive. The most smoking has for it in reference to your driving ability is the people that take their hands off the wheels to light up. Smoking and driving won't kill you (well, the smoking part might, but not because it messes up your driving), yet drinking and driving can kill you and other people.

acsig2016.jpg

I think this law is just plain retarded. I think a child's wellbeing should be monitored by their parents, not by a government law. If someone doesn't want their kid in the car with a smoker then they don't let them. I don't see why they have to pass a law about it. If you roll down your windows while driving down a busy street, you'll get more exhaust fumes in your vehicle than cigarette smoke.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

There's a difference between drinking in a car and smoking in a car. Alcohol impares your abilities to the point where you can't drive. The most smoking has for it in reference to your driving ability is the people that take their hands off the wheels to light up. Smoking and driving won't kill you (well, the smoking part might, but not because it messes up your driving), yet drinking and driving can kill you and other people.

Tell that to the stupid people that die everyday by dropping cigs on their legs or dropping hot objects and crash because of it. I'm not saying cigs will kill you for sure wile driving, i'm just saying look at it from the government's perspective. They just want to ban anything that would possibly cause problems to other's within the car. Take cell phones for example, most states are outlawing the use of cell phones wile driving (for good reason).

Do I think spoking should be banned in a car? No

Do I think you can die from smoking in a car? Not always but you could if your stupid and theres allot of stupid people out there.

sig.php

then should they ban drinking coffee in the car next? i know youre trying to put it into another perspective, but if thats how they thought, then people wouldnt be allowed to listen to their music because it could distract them for a split second to change the song or station. they would put a law into effect saying that people arent allowed to have passengers in the backseat of the car because they could distract them by talking and you could turn around and look at them for a split second while not paying attention to the road.

people are always going to be stupid... banning something like smoking in your car? no.. and they stuff like dropping the cigerette in your lap? thats pure accident. have you ever accidentally dropped something? its not like people are dropping it on themselves everyday :P thatd be a waste of an expensive cigerette :P

I've almost drove into a ditch a couple times while changing a cd in my car stereo. -_- and my neighbor slammed his SUV into a wooden fence/ditch because his slipper fell off his foot. I wonder if they should enforce a footwear law for driving a vehicle.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Tell that to the stupid people that die everyday by dropping cigs on their legs or dropping hot objects and crash because of it. I'm not saying cigs will kill you for sure wile driving, i'm just saying look at it from the government's perspective. They just want to ban anything that would possibly cause problems to other's within the car. Take cell phones for example, most states are outlawing the use of cell phones wile driving (for good reason).

Do I think spoking should be banned in a car? No

Do I think you can die from smoking in a car? Not always but you could if your stupid and theres allot of stupid people out there.

Well.... natural selection is a bitch.

The movie Idiocracy comes to mind if we tried to preserve all the stupid people in the world, by keeping them from being killed off by their own stupidity.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

From my interpretation of what's going on, they're not worried about someone dropping a lit cig in their laps and losing control of their car. They're worried about the effect of second-hand smoke. Yeah, a majority of drivers are stupid and we've ALL had our stupid moments in the car. It's like cell phones vs. drinking while driving. Yeah, they both cause the same amount of imparement, but when it comes down to it, you can drop the cellphone to deal with an emergency. You can't just stop being drunk on cue.

Besides, ignorance is curable, stupididty is not. Unfortunatly. ><

acsig2016.jpg

its a win win for them in this case. cigs cause accidents and 2nd hand smoke so it only gives them more reason to try and ban it.

@cabbit - ya they probably will ban drinking coffee and listening to music soon lol.

sig.php

@cabbit - ya they probably will ban drinking coffee and listening to music soon lol.

it wont pass because they'll have a nation against them :P votes make shit pass and no representative wants to have their people against them. haha the second its mentioned would probably cause an uproar X'D

Sign in to follow this