Pchan

What online games do you play

DX's last post in the Burning Crusade topic sorta made me wonder ... what game(s) do you guys play online? Which ones to you love/hate, and had good/bad experiences from?

I'm a total newbie to online multiplayer gaming, except for Rainbow 6.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

FFXI. Love it! Tons better than WoW, though it is a slower pace and geared towards parties. If you want to level quickly, go with WoW or Guild Wars. If you want a longer game with a better community, go with FFXI.

Actually, if you want to play FFXI, let me know and I'll get you a world pass for my server. ^_^

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Currently:

-World of Warcraft (been playing since Beta)

-Chromehounds (or I will be soon. Friend of mine is going to get me into his squad)

-Gears of War

Debating about starting:

-Warhammer Online (when it hits the market)

-FFXI (I'm debating about whether it's worth the money or not. Can't afford to pay for two games a month but I've been curious about it since it came out nor can I afford to buy it and it's expansions)

Dropped:

-City of Heroes/Villains (may go back one day. Was rather boring and geared toward partying which I don't like doing a lot of)

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

CoH was a lot of fun if only for the characters you could create. I did an AnimeSchoolGirl one time, complete with school uniform, tall skinny legs, short skirt, and Sailor Moon-ish hair. XD

One thing about FFXI to keep in mind is that it's a lot slower on the leveling end than WoW is. It's geared towards partys and takes longer to get things done. But from what I've seen, the community is much better and there seems to be a heck of a lot more to do. Plus, you can level higher and get some uber-cool stuff, though farming for gil is rather tedious. It's also cheaper than WoW. :P BTW, the latest compilation with all the expansion packs is $30 online at GameStop, and you get the standard 30 free trial with it.

I'll also mention here that if anyone wants to play FFXI, msg me and I'll get you a world pass so I can show you around. ^_^

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

WoW

BF2142(soooo much fun :))

Tactical Ops(old game but i still play with an active clan)

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

My friend used to play Lineage II then switched to WoW because of this one kid we know, all they used to talk about in art was about WoW.

I play Gears of War and Rainbow Six: Vegas. These are on my friend's 360s whenever I go to their houses on the weekends. <_<

I don't play anything online. I don't have the time to enjoy a good rpg game I have to pay money every month for. unless I only play it on the weekends for a couple hours at a time, but I guess that wouldn't work good for the people I'd play with. :\ I've played starcraft and warcraft online for a few games at a time, and I used to jump into random rooms with the original half-life to kill people.. but I don't think my account on battle.net even exists anymore. -_-

WoW, Sven, and some other half life mods. Whats your steam name DX?

you're not playing star wars galaxies anymore? did it get tedious?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I don't play anything online. I don't have the time to enjoy a good rpg game I have to pay money every month for. unless I only play it on the weekends for a couple hours at a time, but I guess that wouldn't work good for the people I'd play with. :\ I've played starcraft and warcraft online for a few games at a time, and I used to jump into random rooms with the original half-life to kill people.. but I don't think my account on battle.net even exists anymore. -_-

you're not playing star wars galaxies anymore? did it get tedious?

yeah, I quit more than a year ago. It got really tedious and they revamped the whole class system.

lightsig.jpg

bf2142(with ep)

WoW

wc3( broke a record, i played 115+ hours of it this week.)

coduo

that all i currently play. used to to play aLOT

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50

I only "play" Diablo II now. But umm... that play is in quotes because I pretty much just log in and out of the accounts and chars to keep the chars alive. I don't have the time to do much else anymore...

PlayED: SC, WCII, WCIII, Lineage II, Tribes II, UT(I forget which one now... I leeched off my bro)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm an online whore D:

But currently I'm only doing WoW, just cause my girlfriend keeps me interested. I probably wouldn't have stuck with it so long if it wasn't for her but..

I've got a 62(and a half) NE priest and uncountable alts, none of which are of notable level though

I may try Vanguard, and I'm waiting for RO2.. that should be amusing for a while.

I tried FFXI and I just couldn't handle the slow pace, not that I'm all that impatient but I already feel like I'm destroying my life playing MMO's already.. haha. (i'm addicted) I do try to do other stuff.. which is why wow works for me so well. I can manage to play and be decent level and still have time for a girlfriend :P

I liked EVE a lot too.. it was pretty laid back. slow pace and a bit of a learning curve but once you get into it its pretty complex and offers a lot. Main problem was everything took a long time.. and a lot of the game is not actually playing. but rather.. watching your ship fly back and forth between zones. (it all depends how you play though)

if you like tetris you should google or yahoo TetriNet. Its an online tetris game and its like.. competitive Tetris and you get special blocks that you can use. Some of which attack your enemy's playing field by adding lines, or shifting all their blocks around (ruining their chance for a tetris) .. and some good specials for removing lines from yourself, or clearing your field.

Everytime you score more than one line at a time it adds lines to all of your enemies. clearing 2 lines adds one to everyone. clearing 3 adds 2. so on and so forth.

Overall it can get really fast and really crazy. I used to play TetriNet alot..

man i used to play tetrinet way back when it was coded in DOS....wow....back during...Win95 days....im getting old ;_;

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link