Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Many voices for a series ...

... and yup literally too.

Back at home, when I watched Inu yasha on this network called Animax, the voice actors were VERY DIFFERENT than the ones featured in the series running here, on Anime Network or Adult Swim (I don't remember the correct channel). In the sense, whenever he does a WindScar, his voice echoes and stuff, that never happened in the series I watched back home, PLUS those voice actors ARE much better than the ones in the version of the series over here. Sesshomaru sounds much colder than the chap over here, and the series over here sounds, how do I put it, over-polished.

Have you noticed this, or watched a series with two versions of voice actors for the same language?

EDIT: Like when Inu Yasha says WindScar in the series over here it goes like "WHHIIIND SCARR" echo echo echo ...

The other version of the English voice actor goes like "Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind SCaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuur" with more emotion and goes with the amount of effort he puts into that sword action of his X'D.

EDIT2: Eeek I may have generalized the question a bit, sorry if it's in the wrong section?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I had no idea that InuYasha or any other anime was even dubbed into english by another studio in another country. I suppose it makes sense because all the studios up here have north american rights.. wow. I wouldn't mind watching an ep or two of the different dub version to see the difference. ^_^

After watching the anime subtitled for the last 3 seasons of the show I really started to like the japanese voices much better. InuYasha will growl when hes pissed, and his emotions are better when he shouts KAZE NO KIZU! :P I always liked the NA english version of InuYasha, but I started hating it pretty bad when they got into the Bankotsu saga.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sledge, you'll hate the US dub once you listen to the other English dub, it's FAR superior and there's no echoing on attack shouts, which honestly sounds very cheesy hehe X'D

EDIT: I'll ask my brother if he can record some of it on his cellphone or something, so you know the difference ^_^

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Okay I could squeeze out a video from my brother because he was soo goddarn hesitant because his cells camera isn't that good. Anyway, I told him this video was 'okay' but he could do 10 times better with picking a moment when Inu and the gang are talking or he's doing his Wind Scar ... and I've demanded he take more. I couldn't complain too much because this's one of the few best scenes in the entire series! Uhhmmmm listen to Kagura's voice and Sessho-sama's ...

Sign in to follow this