Sign in to follow this  
Gundam-Ranger-X

Golden Phone

The Golden Phone

An American decided to write a book about famous churches around the world.

For his first chapter he decided to write about American churches. So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Orlando, thinking that he would work his way across the country from South to North.

On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read $10,000.00 per call.

The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by wha the telephone was used for?

The priest replied that it was a direct line to Heaven and that for $10,000.00 one could talk to God. The American thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Atlanta, there, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and asked a nearby nun what its purpose was?

She told him that it was a direct line to Heaven and that for $10,000.00 he could talk to God. "O.K. thanks" said the American.

He then traveled to Indianapolis, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Boston and New York, then on to Portland and north to Seattle. In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same $10,000.00 per call sign under it.

Upon leaving Seattle, the American saw a sign saying "Route 5 North to Vancouver CANADA" and decided to see if Canadians had the same golden telephone.

He drove for awhile and finally arrived in White Rock BC and sure enough, there again in the local church was the same golden telephone, only this time the sign under it read 25 cents per call.

The American was surprised and so intrigued that he asked the church's pastor about the sign. "Father, I've traveled all over America and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches, I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in every state the price was $10,000.00 per call. Why is it so cheap here?"

The priest smiled and answered: "You're in Canada now son, it's a local call."

:bigthumb::rotfl:

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

Sign in to follow this