Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Linksys Easy Link Advisor

We have a new wireless router and its been working fine. But I was wondering if I could turn off this Easy Link Advisor program? I turned it off on my main computer and my network connection fucked up on this computer. I don't have this program running on my other computers hooked up to the router, so why should this one need to run? Has anyone else used this program?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Bleh. Everyone says linksys is the best, I have my reservations about that. I use one, and any change you make in the factory settings seems to screw everything up. I tried to do a couple things to optimize the connections to other computers and the damn thing would keep dropping the connection to other computers until i changed it back.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Well, I won't need to run a computer just for a firewall/router because this program isn't needed on another other computer connected to the network. If I shut of the computer with the 'linksys ease link advisor' then it doesn't affect the connectivity of the rest of the network. It just seems odd to me that I have to have this program running in my system tray to keep this one computer connected correctly. You'd think I'd be able to turn it off and when I go to troubleshoot the network, I'd be able to to turn it on when I feel like it. :\ I'm assuming if I uninstall it, I could just restart the computer and everything would work fine.. but I don't know if I want to try that theory just yet. I don't want to screw up my network when I don't have the time to troubleshoot it if it comes to that.

Bleh. Everyone says linksys is the best, I have my reservations about that. I use one, and any change you make in the factory settings seems to screw everything up. I tried to do a couple things to optimize the connections to other computers and the damn thing would keep dropping the connection to other computers until i changed it back.

I've used a D-Link wired router for the longest time with great results. I think when you buy linksys, you're buying a good product, but its over priced because of the brand name. I got mine on a day after thanksgiving sale. ^_^ it was on sale and it came with a $20 gift card too. If not for that I would have bought another D-link.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg