Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

InuYasha = Ranma 1/2

I've come to the realization that the majority of InuYasha's characters seem to be based off of Ranma. O_O Has any one else noticed the similarities?

InuYasha seems roughly like Ranma, the main character of the story, InuYasha was cursed, Ranma is cursed. Both have a love interest in the main female character but try not to show it or even deny it. Also, both are extremely powerful and in the latest episode that I've seen of Ranma 1/2, Ranma learned a new move that uses the fighting spirit of the opponent to create a powerful backlash attack in the form of a tornado. The more powerful the enemy the more powerful the super move. Just like Inuyasha's backlash wave.

Kagome is similar to Akane, because of their relations to the main characters of the respective series. Also, they constantly try to deny the love they feel, but always show it in different scenarios.

Koga is just like Ryoga. In love with the main female character and always aching for a fight against the main character.

Myoga is like Happosai, except instead of an obsession with panties, he has an obsession with blood. These two even look alike. Hell, Miroku is also like Happosai. Powerful and obsessed with the ladies.

Theres various other similarities as well. Of course the overall plot of each show is different, but the personalities of the characters of InuYasha seem like they were completely based off of the existing characters from Ranma 1/2. I've seen quite a bit of anime, but I've never seen so many connections between any two series.

If you've seen both series, whats your opinion?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Rumiko Takahashi runs out of ideas so she cannibalizes her old ones. Nothing too unusual there. Look at the recent seasons of the Simpsons, they're redoing tons of their old jokes and plot ideas.

lightsig.jpg

that stuff happens when you have made so many series like Rumiko Takahashi :-p

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Rumiko Takahashi runs out of ideas so she cannibalizes her old ones. Nothing too unusual there. Look at the recent seasons of the Simpsons, they're redoing tons of their old jokes and plot ideas.

I didn't even realize both were made by the same person. :doh: At least it makes more sense now.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sign in to follow this