Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

4Kids cancels One Piece!

http://www.ancientclan.com/content/view/438/85/

4Kids has canceled production of One Piece. With a total of 104 episodes of the series dubbed into English (78 of which have already aired in the United States), 4Kids will not continue dubbing the series. Whether or not 4Kids will sell off the license to the series is unknown at this time. I honestly hope Viz can get their hands on it and release an unedited version, but for all we know, 4Kids may just sit on the property and let it die.

Source: Anime News Network

Yatta! :D

I hope another company will pick it up tho. I wonder if all the negative feedback about 4Kids' dubbing job is what made them decide to cancel. :rolleyes:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Viz or Funimation would do a good job with it. Funimation would probably do a good job with it too. Considering that Funi grabbed up Slayers and are (last I heard) re-releasing it in better quality and re-dubbed just like they are doing with DBZ, I could see Funi doing the same with One Piece.

Actually I'd hope that ADV or Geneon would get it. I'm not a fan of Funi so I'd sadly not watch or buy it if they got it. Viz is different, haven't seen anything they're releasing DVD wise so I don't know what there quality is like.

I could see Geneon doing a smash up job on One Piece and I think ADV would do it justice if they got ahold of it.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I agree with Strider on that, I think Geneon would be best. After all, they are known for keeping thier anime's raw, uncensored and uncut. I mean look at the new Helling OVA's and Gantz.

that is cause they are UNDER the Geneon lisense in jpn too... that is why all their titles are never around to find fansubbed...that easily....cause the lisense carries over the US right away

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I haven't watched anything dubbed by geneon in a long time. Didn't they re-release trigun as a signature series? Does that mean they re-dubbed it/remastered it? O_O

I have a feeling that if 4kids does sell it they'll sell it to viz because viz already has an agreement with 4kids for releasing the dvds. If viz gets the license, they'd be in complete control of the property.

I haven't watched anything dubbed by geneon in a long time. Didn't they re-release trigun as a signature series? Does that mean they re-dubbed it/remastered it? O_O

I have a feeling that if 4kids does sell it they'll sell it to viz because viz already has an agreement with 4kids for releasing the dvds. If viz gets the license, they'd be in complete control of the property.

I don't think thats what it means for Signature series, though that would be awesome. but im just going by, that they also rereleased Hellsing the anime, as a signature series. so i doubt it was redubed, or remastered, being as old as it is.

i think it's just a ploy to squeeze more money out of the series, and get more fans.

they're dub's are pretty good, Hellsing in particular, trigun was good to considering that it was during a pretty bad phase of Dubbed anime. so i don't have a problem with it.

not sure if Genon would get One Piece though, like Eppy Said, they owned the series, they released here. plus i don't see to many of they're series with the style of One piece, some company's (not typical in anime though) stick to one particular style/genra for the most part. cause you expect it from them, and they have a history with it.

4Kids, may hold on to this, just to raise any price, they could sell it for, to another company. Unless the popularity die's out, which it probably would.

i see them holding on to it and leting it die, rather then selling it though.

Dubirds on a Plane!

vforvendetta.jpg

"Don't Mess With The Nation, That Needs Medication!" - Christopher Titus - end of the world comedy tour