Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Could Devil's Fruit powers be hereditary?

Do you think that devil's fruit powers could be hereditary? They said in the manga that Dragon is Luffy's dad and it seems pretty obvious that Dragon has a devil's fruit power. Do you think its possible that Luffy and Ace could have already had a genetic/dormant devil's fruit ability from their father?

Not once in the series have they ever mentioned about devil's fruit parents and their offspring, about whether or not their powers and abilities could pass to their kids.. but I think it could happen. A devil's fruit changes a person on a genetic level, altering their body and dna. Couldn't that cause their offspring to have their traits then? But if that was the case, wouldn't the curse carry over as well?

And thats what got me thinking... nowhere in the manga or anime have they ever shown a flashback or mentioned Luffy or Ace ever swimming when they were kids. Of course Shanks gave Luffy the entire spiel about never being able to swim again once he ate the devil's fruit, but maybe shanks didn't know Luffy's dad or if Luffy could even swim anyway.

What if Luffy is a twice cursed man? and if Luffy had a kid, would he have an actual bouncing baby? O_O

What do you think about all this? Possible?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Hmmmm ... the very fact that they all ate the Devil's Fruit in order to gain those powers is reason to believe that 'abilities' may not be passed down from generation to generation. Hmmmm ... HOWEVER, it's the will of everyone with the middle name 'D' that seems to have a lot going on ... connecting them all together, as Lady told me. I'm also a little curious to know about Shanks (digresses a bit), the time he saved Luffy and lost his arm in the process, they were in deep waters for sure - to have a Sea King that massive to be able to survive .. so why didn't Shanks drown? Does he not have a Devil's Fruit ability?!!!! o_0

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

i think he's just monstrously strong like zoro and sanji. They're almost up their with luffy without a DF power of their own, right? back onto the topic though, thinknig back the series has never had a person with parents or offspring with DF power. The closest we get is Luffy and his brother, Ace. But I think I'd have to agree that the powers, or the curse in that matter, passes down through genetics. if anything the fruit might "synch" better with their host--like they have a better understanding and connection to their DF power.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

That would work IF Luffy's dad already had the DF power before having him, thus passing on a different level of strength. Ne?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Or maybe it's sheer coincidence ... where does Gold D Roger fit into this family though? Garp's brother?

I bet Ussop's grandpa had a DF power of regeneration. Two generations later and Ussop can survive having every bone in his body broken, getting hit with a 2-ton baseball bat to the face, etc. and he always pulls thru usually within the same episode. Same could be true for Zoro. He could have severe internal injuries and all he needs is some bandages and he'll be fine.

That would work IF Luffy's dad already had the DF power before having him, thus passing on a different level of strength. Ne?

ohhh... maybe even one of Luffy's great grandparents had a DF power and all following generations got a power boost. O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

With Zoro, all his training helps him withstand the shit he takes, which's why he overpowers Sanji in that department. Amongst the entire Mugiwara crew, he's the only guy training! Makes em others look like freaks X'D! So, my opinion weighs more on the fact that it's his power training versus the hereditary part. With Usopp, you never know because his dad's part of a pirate crew and we have little or no information on how strong he was, wait, didn't he mention he was like the best sniper or something? Damnit, when you need your memory to be accurate it dies on you!

If what you say is true, then it'd also apply to Sanji.

Sign in to follow this