Sign in to follow this  
Torreyjs

Torrent????

alright well i have a sketchy idea of what torrent is but basically i need a lesson in short

im moving into my college dorms in 2 weeks with broadband so hooyah downloading stuff i can do now

anyways i dont watch tv much at all but i love anime too much to give it up and i have a partial idea that i can use torrent to get it??

i need help

download a torrent client (FYI. a Client is the program you will use to download torrent files). Theres a few good clients (IE. ABC, Utorrent, and Azureus) After you choose a client you like you need to find sites that offer torrents. This is easy to do. Search google for "torrent sites" or "torrent list(s)" ayou should find a great deal of sites out there. Some good ones to visit would be Pirate bay, isohunt, torrentspy and torrentscan.

hope this helps.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Torrent definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent#Downloading_torrents_and_sharing_files

as for downloading torrents, install a torrent program, click a torrent download link, your torrent program will open and ask you where to save it at, click ok, then wait for however long it takes to download it. and if its a huge file, you'll probably have to shut your computer down at some point, but its all ok because the torrent program resumes downloading the torrent file once its turned back on.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Don't forget to install peerguard. I doubt you'd get busted for downloading anime, especially if its jap dub/english sub... But just in case.

Also, there is a good chance that your college will block the port used by bittorrent. So if you get an error when trying to use a torrent, and you've tried several others that do the same, that is probably why. Err, that is if you don't have to pay for it. If you pay for the internet they might have a lot less restrictions/no restrictions.

Don't forget to install peerguard. I doubt you'd get busted for downloading anime, especially if its jap dub/english sub... But just in case.

Also, there is a good chance that your college will block the port used by bittorrent. So if you get an error when trying to use a torrent, and you've tried several others that do the same, that is probably why. Err, that is if you don't have to pay for it. If you pay for the internet they might have a lot less restrictions/no restrictions.

yeah but dont expect to be able to used a handful of stuff too if you use peerguard...i used it for a while and it blocks everything concerning xfire so it doesnt run...exceptioning it is out too cause its soo many different ISPs

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link