Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Those with the will of D

so whats the deal with the middle initial D? Robin said something along the lines of 'why do you fight so hard; those with the will of D' Luffy Ace Gol Roger etc. Is it a bloodline thing? Something the Ohara dudes knew about? Something related to the missing history or what???

What do you think the will of D is?

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Heres something interesting. I read this topic a week ago. Theres speculation that Saul (the ex-marine giant on Ohara) could be Luffy's grandfather.

http://groups.msn.com/onepiecemangav-2/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=66353&LastModified=4675588623519225016

also.. all the characters in One Piece with a confirmed middle initial D are:

Monkey D. Luffy

Portgas D. Ace

Marshall D. Teach (black beard)

Jaguar D. Saul (giant)

Gol D. Roger

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm begining to lean towards Saul being Luffy's grandpa; he didn't want his gramps name said out loud in front of Robin and his 3rd Gear moves ;)

Question is how do a giant and a human... erm ya get me. Maybe eating a devil fruit prevents the giganticism o.0

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

But when he was a kid, he was normal sized. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I noticed Robin say that exact same thing, I thought Luffy'd be related to Shanks in some way because of the way Shanks treated him waaay back. I guess I'll learn more once I read the manga or get more into the story.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

The 'will of D' can't be given to just family members ... because then that'd make Teach Luffy's family? Doesn't make complete sense, but there's gotta be a catch to it otherwise every single pirate would wanna want to keep a middle initial of 'D'. Maybe the destiny of everyone with the 'will of D' are connected?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sign in to follow this