Sign in to follow this  
Vincent

DVD ripping

Even I had the same problem some time back and posted about it, and am still clueless about copying the Dvd on the hard-drive cos it always auto-plays if I click on the drive X'D

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

4 words....pain in the ass....first youd have to initially rip it into the gianormous .vob file...then youd have to use a video and audio encoder to reencode it(using divx encoder and such sx.)and that takes as long as the movie is....then its about done then...long and annoying process

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Guest beware_of_moose

DVD to HDD:

Go install eRightSoft's SUPER, which is a sexy, sexy program free of adware or other crap.

Put your DVD in the drive and then open up Super. Set the video output to whatever it is you want (I think there's a format for iPod, specifically) and the audio to something clean like mp3.

Then, go into the large open box near the bottom. Right click, click "Add Media Files" or equivalent. This will open a box that will let you browse. Navigate on over to your DVD drive, double click it. Open the VIDEO_TS folder. Ctrl-Click each of the .vob files therein. Click okay.

Next, remember to set the output file destination. Similar to how you added files, just right-click in that job pane, click "Set Output File Destination", click the appropriate folder (where you want your files to pop out), start encoding, wait a while. When it's done, you should have a bunch of videos fresh off the DVD and on your hard drive.