Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

CP9 vs. Skypiea

The straw hat pirates keep coming across more powerful enemies as they continue their journy along the grand line. But with their recent encounter with CP9, I'm wondering how CP9 would have held up if they made it to skypiea and had to fight enel's priests. I think enel would have completely killed all the members of cp9 so I'm leaving him out of this. Same with Lucci.. he alone would have probably killed every priest with ease. So, the rest of cp9 vs. enel's priests. Who do you think would win? Would sky warefare prevail?

With the cp9 members being able to move at extreme speeds, would that matter to the priests with their mantra ability? they could just see all their movements before they even do them.. and do you think an impact dial could penetrate some of the cp9 member's tekkai block? O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Excellent points, actually just when Luffy hailed all his punches on their Tekkai, I was like man, if only he could block the shit they'd throw at him with an impact dial, like what Usopp did to his captain a few episodes back. I think mantra ability would fail, because speed being one thing, one hit with that sorta power from these lumberjacks would end it right there.

Then again it is custom OP style for them to introduce the enemy and our good guys have to get beaten really badly the first time, so all that speed and power we saw was prolly super amplified to that effect, maybe :P ... that's one of the things that disappointed me with the Enel battle, I'm just digressing for a bit.

CP9 takes the crown!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I think there was an episode or two in the skypiea arc where the former god was battleing using some jet dials or something on his feet. he was able to manipulate them with some quickness. maybe something like that could be a counter measure to the speed move all of CP9 used. oh, and seeing as the mantra ability was able to let the priests actually know what move was going to be done, like 'right jab', maybe they could have used the mantra ability like an enemy skill materia and figure out some of the CP9's moves and turn them back on them?

I'd still say CP9 would win, but I can only imagine some of the serious badasses that must have lived in skypiea before enel presumably instant killed everyone in his path to godness.

You make good points there, but at this point in time, I haven't seen most of the abilities of the CP9 characters in full bloom, so I wouldn't be able to tell whether - if we assume they use the Impact Dial on a CP9 kick or attack, will they be fast enough to beat the already fast and powerful CP9 members? Plus look at Luccie ... when Luffy used his Gattling Punch attack on him in Iceburg's castle, he did something and he just took the punches but they didn't effect him one bit. Using the same analogy, they could use the same thing versus their own Impact Dial attack ... you also have to consider - is the mantra fore-telling & attack speed greater than CP9 natural speed? They may be able to fore-tell and pull in the punch for a counter, but these CP9 guys are fast enough to catch it and use counter-measures ^_^ ... who knows!!! I'm only making assumptions!!! *screams at his download which's at 40ish %*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

ah, I already know all the outcomes of the CP9 battles so I won't go into further details with that. but I will make another observation about Skypiea.

When everyone first got to Skypiea they could barely move because of the thin air and altitude conditions. In fact most of their fights were actually pretty weak compared to other fights they've previously been in. Aside from the ball priest fight, Sanji and Usopp were out when enel blasted them, Zoro fought one of the rebel guys but couldn't take the guy on like he usually does.. and most of the fighting shown was between rebels and enel's gang. I bet if you dropped most of the sky island residents down to earth, they'd probably have an extremely high natural endurance and stamina. I still hope they'll come across another winged sky island badass at some point. They did mention there were multiple sky islands, so who knows what powerful bastards may have been hiding out or fleed the islands because of enel's insane power.

I see ^_^ ... I was not taking into consideration the battle conditions actually, only abilities. But ofcourse, it plays a major role, like you pointed! Hopefully, I'll know soon about CP9's abilities ^_^ ...

Sign in to follow this