Pchan

Japanese robots go large as life

I was reading the paper this morning and stubled on this !!! Even clicked a snap of the article (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Chhoga/Image000-1.jpg) and looked n looked online and finally found (a similar articled) link as well ^_^

Original link - http://www.bandai.co.jp/releases/J2006080303.html

A lil bit translated in English link - http://www.lovingthemachine.com/

How strong is your otaku kung-fu?

If it can take a 350,000 yen licking and keep on ticking, then you're ready for Bandai's latest and greatest must-have plastic - the Hyper Hybrid Model 1/12 RX-78-2 Gundam.

32140-756068.jpg

The umpteenth incarnation of the uber-popular Mobile Suit Gundam series title robot is a giant cut above the rest, standing 1.5 meters tall and tipping the scales at a hefty 35 kilograms. Zealot fans of Yoshiyuki Tomino's ongoing space opera will no doubt tingle with excitement at the prospect of spending four hours assembling the roughly 260 parts in the kit, which is to go on sale in December. This ne plus ultra plastic model features sound effects and 14 movable body parts, including flashing eyes that can be operated via remote control.

No doubt perfect for entertaining houseguests.

*wipes the drool off Strider, aqu and BlitzZ's faces*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Nice! :happy: Just out of curiousity, what paper were you reading?

[EDIT]Just noticed the pictures flipped horizontally in the newspaper article. :)[/EDIT]

Ohh that article's from the 'Mumbai Mirror' (Mumbai is a city), and I just realized they had an online version of the newspaper as well.

No no no ! In the newspaper clipping Ms. Cutestuff's standing to the Gundam's left touching his armour-shield, while the online article has her standing to the suit's right side holding his arm affectionately :drool:

Eva, aqu ... something's better than nothing X'D ;) !

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

No no no ! In the newspaper clipping Ms. Cutestuff's standing to the Gundam's left touching his armour-shield, while the online article has her standing to the suit's right side holding his arm affectionately :drool:

Ah, you're right, you're right. My bad. ^_^:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I've been staring at that picture analyzing 'stuff' for a long time X'D. Can that skirt get any shorter *me thinks* ?

They should make a battery powered real life sized Gundam that flys and walks and shoots potatoes from its beem rifle lol. If they did that id be one of the first to buy it just to terrorize the neighborhood animals and kids.

"OMG mom theirs a flying mech shooting potatoes at fluffy!"

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^