Torreyjs

Serial experiments lain

Loved it. Great series (I have the limited edition boxset in fact).

Quick warning: It's not for those who don't like to think while watching an anime. Brings up a lot of thought provoking questions and is an all around mind-fuck (screws with your head).

Still a good series to see though and like most people you probably won't understand it all the first time thru.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Yes. Very psychological and very good. Basically everything Strider said, I agree with. I say that even if you don't think you'll like an anime that makes you think, at least watch the first episode before you quit it because it is very good.

kurozakuro-v01-ch03-0851.png

I sit here on my shelf, Just talking to myself.

How long is the series and a short synopsis, please ?

From Anime News Network:

Lain Iwakura appears to be an ordinary girl, with almost no experience with computers. Yet the sudden suicide of a schoolmate, and a number of strange occurrences, conspire to pull Lain into the world of the Wired, where she gradually learns that nothing is what it seems to be... not even Lain herself.

And it's 13 eps GG.

Thanks Strider ! And, reading everyone's opinion's got my curiosity raised even higher, especially yours Vincent X'D !

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

btw, if anyone is interested, I was browsing right stuf this morning and saw the lain boxset is on closeout sale for $25:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/cZlarvYZXDyELVTr3O/browse/item/70886/4/1455/252

i got up to episode 11 I think....then I realized that I had no idea what was going on anymore and didn't finsih

I only made it to episode 3. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

ok no!!!!!!!!!!

this anime over all sucked

i liked the way the eyes looked on Lain tho very cool

but come on this was boring to the max and i tried to make sense of nonsensical repitition

and the ending question *If its not remembered it never happened, right?*

lame

but im no anime pro so who knows ill get bashed for hating it neways

As I always say to each there own.

Not everyone is gonna like Lain and your one of them. It's not for everyone. It's only for those who like animes that make you think. Everything in the anime makes complete sense only if you take the time to try and understand it and have a good knowledge of computers. Otherwise to the untrained or otherwise uncaring individual it's all going to sound like nonsense.

You'd also be surprised how you make that final question end up true. It's questions like those that make anime like Lain extremely good. Then again you also have to have some sort of liking or interest in Philosophy.

Still nice to see you gave it a try. Gotta give you points for that. I've known my fair share of individuals who write the story off after 15 minutes into the first ep.

well i used to have to reasearch philosophy and the final question it asks in the final ep is extraordinarily bogus

If it isnt remembered it never happened, well ok lets see

You get in a car wreck and suffer total amnesia permanently

does that mean your life didnt happen?

not true your aged theres your proof that its bogus right there something so simple