Torreyjs

What got you into anime

well like the title said what got you into it

and sailor moon and cartoon network got me into anime

also what was your first anime?

mine was sailor moon that show was straight gangster when i was like 7 or 8

which was 10 years ago my word ive gotten old

plus id really like to hear from the CEO's or founders whatever you call them of this site since they made this site and its an anime forum (plus there old so old anime fans are always cool)

I grew up with old Anime like transformers, Speed racer, He man, and thunder cats but I was young but I didn’t know it was anime till I got older. The one anime that I truly got into and I could safely say is the first movie that got me hooked in the anime world was Vampire Hunter D the first movie. I saw it on HBO one night when I was young and fell in love with how cool anime could be (blood, action, nude girls and such). Then shortly after that Id stay up and watch HBO just for the anime back when they showed it. They had Mid Night Eye Goku, Pet Shop of Horrors and some other junk that I cant remember. Then I found out cartoon network was about to start airing anime in the afternoons so I started watching whatever they offered. From there I learned about DBZ, Gundam, Sailor Moon, and other delightful shows.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

oh yeah thundercats

i watched that to death on cartoon network

but i watched pokemon quite a bit b4 it showed on CN as well sa sailormoon

i cant remember the tv channel (back then i had cable *puke* and playstations werent around yet)

probably the first anime that i would die without though is RoboTech

thats the shit i bought the VHS boxset a while ago off of ebay they didnt have dvds back in those days lmfao

ya I liked how CN brought back thunder cats becuse when I was younger I had a hard time grasping the story line. All I knew was "THUNDER CATS HOOOOOOO" lol I think I was about 6 Ill have to ask my mom....she has fond memorys of me running around saying things like that becuse of anime lol.

sig.php

Heh, I can't remember that far back to actually remember what go me into anime.

I know for certain the first anime I ever saw was Sailor Moon back when I was like 6. Had no idea it was anime back then or what anime was (I just thought it was another American Cartoon). My actual fandom in anime was cemented with Dragonball Z (which I completely loathe now, I don't even know how I could get interested in something like this) back in sixth grade when the new kid, who is now my best friend, mentioned I should start watching it so I did. I then watched whatever CN had for anime up thru the years (until about three years ago, Toonami/Adult Swin has had no anime worth watching since then), what I could catch on Thursday on Movie Plex, and various other stations that showed it.

Skip forward till now and I'm one of the biggest otaku in my area (believe me I am). Sadly I miss the old days though when I'd get home from school, sit in the comfortable lazyboy, and be glued to the TV so I could watch CN's lineup (ah the days of Voltron, Sailor Moon, DBZ, Tenchi, etc.)

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I remember back when my Grandma had her shop in town, my cousin would come down and we'd all watch sailor moon together. ^_^ I didn't know it was anime at the time, I was pretty young. I think once I moved to las vegas I got really into Zoids. I'd get up early every morning to watch it. I miss that show... After that it was inu-yasha and so on. That brings back a lot of old memories. =^_^=

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

...all the good killing.... X'D

the ooooooold Toonami block. Sailor Moon DBZ Gundam Wing Tenchi :lol:

yeah it was probably Gundam Wing :meh:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Gundam wing was gangster for real

i remember staying up every night a long time ago when midnight toonami (was it called adult swim bck then) showed Gundam wing unedited

its my fav anime to this day i gots fond memories and tenchi was awesome i loved that one too quite a bit

i remember watching tenchi at 600 pm i think then going back to playing ff7 after that was over

im old!

Gundam wing was gangster for real

i remember staying up every night a long time ago when midnight toonami (was it called adult swim bck then) showed Gundam wing unedited

it was called midnight run back then and i used to watch it like a ritual X'D

i remember watching sailor moon when it used to be on at like 5am or something like that. that and there was this other show called tama and friends. i didnt know what anime was at the point, but ya. i watched thundercats and all that stuff too =3 also, before school in the morning, id either watch beast wars or monster rancher ^^

what actually got me into it was tenchi muyo and gundam wing =^_^= which is where my first screen name came about (ryoohki051 because ryoohki195 was already taken ---props to whoever remembers what 195 is---) and that was also my name for the early message boards i was on. then it just started evolving to different variations and fast fowarding to today where i became cabbitgirl =^_^=

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

Ah anime, my fourteen year obsession started innocently enough. My dad was a guest professor in Japan for a year. When I was four, my mother and I went over to visit him for a month. I was in love the minute I got off the plane. I especially liked the stuff on TV, including anime. I remember watching some of the more adult themed anime and having it all go over my head. The stuff I watched (which has probably never seen the light of day in the US) I don't really remember all that well. I remember there was this one anime where the main character was a chick with blue hair and ran around a lot. I called her "exercise girl." (And no, it wasn't battle athletes) But what I consider to be my first real anime (and manga really) is a children’s show/manga/merchandise-including-a-fried-chicken-burger-in the-shape-of-the-main-characters-head-which-I-loved-more-than anything called Anpan-man. It’s the story of an anpan (jelly filled pastry) imbued with cosmic radiation from the heavens, causing it to become a sentient being. However, the same radiation also brought intelligence to the evil Baikin-man (germ man). Anpan-man fights Baikin-man by giving pieces of his nutritious and delicious pastry head to those infected with germs and viruses (as illustrated bellow).

eatface.gif

Coincidentally, Anpan-man is one of the longest running and most successful animes, having started in 1968. Read more about it here.

lightsig.jpg

Hehe, I used to watch things like Speed racer, Thundercats, Silver Hawks, Robotech, Tranformers, etc. But I didn't know it was "anime" either, I just knew it as the cartoons with the shiny eyes. lol What really got me into anime, was probably Vampire Hunter D and Street Fighter 2, but I used to watch Midnight Run religiously, ever since the 2nd ever episode of DBZ that was aired. Good stuff.

3-1.gif

Hehe, I used to watch things like Speed racer, Thundercats, Silver Hawks, Robotech, Tranformers, etc. But I didn't know it was "anime" either, I just knew it as the cartoons with the shiny eyes. lol What really got me into anime, was probably Vampire Hunter D and Street Fighter 2, but I used to watch Midnight Run religiously, ever since the 2nd ever episode of DBZ that was aired. Good stuff.

You and me had the same history, we must be brothers from another mother lol j/k. VHD is the best!

sig.php

I watched all those cartoons when I was little. I remmeber coming home everyday after school to watch Thundercats and Transformers. My brother and I watched Silverhawks, Voltron and a bunch of others everyday and every Saturday. I remember watching Nazicaa when it was called Warroirs of the Wind. I had trouble understanding it, even as I got older and watched it I was confused. Of course with the release of Nasicaa I realized why it made no sense. How I realized i was watching Japanese cartoons and not American ones was the Friday night Anime fests on Sci-Fi channel. I think it bothered my grandmother, I was living with her at the time. I found an anime as my grandmother and I where switching satilites to find something interesting, it appeared on a Spanish channel. So obssesed was I in anime that I watched it every afternoon even though I could only understand a little of what they were saying.

Let's just say my obession led to addicting others to anime at least two of my friends can thank me for that. One had seen VHD on HBO and thought it was cool, of course I just happened to have a taped version of it when they showed it on Sci-Fi.

I didn't watch anything until I saw Sailor Moon in ninth grade. It was right before Reboot. I obsessed over that for about a year or so until someone showed me. . . Gundam Wing. . . beautiful.

Once began writing a really good story for Pokemon for my friend--not bad really. I hold that one in high regard--the story, not the series. Hated the series. like might morphin power rangers. . . baaaaaad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

D_Marx

A friend of mine was obsessed with Tenchi Muyo and Dragon Ball Z. I kept saying it was geeky and stupid, and that we were 14 now and shouldn't still be watching cartoons. Well he made a deal with me that I had to watch all of the original Tenchi Muyo, and if I still hated anime then I could say whatever I wanted about it. So I took him up on his offer, and needless to say, fell in love. So I started renting what animes I could find at Video Mart, and soon grew to love others like Hellsing, Wolf's Rain, and others.

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

My dad used to rent Street Fighter when I was little, so I watched that with my bro, along with Transformers. Then, there was Sailor Moon. Although, I didn't really get into anime as a genre until Gundam Wing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest animegirlrita

i have been looking at anime since i was 7 but i never kenw what it was.i used to look at salior moon,yyh,and rk.but i found it was anime when i was ten.i looked inuyasha and searched on it.then i saw all the shows i looked when i was little was anime.now i love it.

sailor_moon20.jpg